Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 43,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Trinity 4.3 / 4.2.2 [KWISATZ HADERACH]

Tip us?
Id Arcanum Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
Wells your signal is great. I only get that rich green when my phone's charging
yep, that is one of the reasons I get such an awesome battery life.. but aelp has been nothing but amazing to my NP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

odin13
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by x wells y View Post
i almost never turn off wi-fi..

WOW! What is your screen-on time? It looks like you've used the phone quite a bit...

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk
HTC Hero >> CronosFroyo 0.2 <<

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfic View Post
Im with you with exception of reset kernels.
Since they would leave unwanted stuff behind, only use them with the kernels they are intended for, this one is not intended for Trinity.

Sent from my YAGDIR on Nexus Prime using Tapatalk
I though the reset kernel just had a stock boot.img, not anything related to faux.

ArmanUV
Old
Thanks Meter 222
thanks for all the suggestions guys. I always uses faux's reset kernel and wipe cache and delete init.d stuff before flashing kernels so the problem wasn't there.

I'm convinced that this wasn't a kernel issue since nobody else has this kind of wakelock. Right now I'm testing a kernel for imoseyon, I'll give aelp a second try in a few days.
Galaxy Nexus GSM

sg1969
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
Idk if you've ever used an Android phone before, but it drains faster from 100%-90%. It's never what it says it is because the L-ion battery will never "completely" charge to prolong it's life cycle.
Thank you
As you suspected this is my first Android phone, I guess I never really paid attention to battery stats before I started experimenting with custom roms and kernels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

mrkmrk
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried deleting everything in init.d, reflashing kernel, and wiping dalvik/cache. Reboot phone, got to the lockscreen, then phone rebooted itself. Upon getting back to the launcher, Trebuchet had **** itself and I had to restart it. Facebook, twitter, docs, and other things kept crashing while not being used, and would crash on opening. Uninstall/re-install seems to fix it. SetCPU doesn't do it out of the blue, but crashes whenever I try to autodetect speeds.

I'm just wiping again. I'm really tired of this **** and have absolutely no idea what could cause it.
LTE Galaxy Nexus: Latest AOKP with Trinity by morfic

leoaudio13
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmrk View Post
Tried deleting everything in init.d, reflashing kernel, and wiping dalvik/cache. Reboot phone, got to the lockscreen, then phone rebooted itself. Upon getting back to the launcher, Trebuchet had **** itself and I had to restart it. Facebook, twitter, docs, and other things kept crashing while not being used, and would crash on opening. Uninstall/re-install seems to fix it. SetCPU doesn't do it out of the blue, but crashes whenever I try to autodetect speeds.

I'm just wiping again. I'm really tired of this **** and have absolutely no idea what could cause it.
My experience : when there are lots of **** happening, try to flash stock Google image. Then after that, try your latest working combo. Or just flash a popular release and use the stock kernel for awhile to troubleshoot. Hope that would help bud.

Rem3Dy
Old
Thanks Meter 266
morfic, will your dalvik wiper script from the nexus s work on the galaxy nexus?

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Vangelis13
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmrk View Post

It is probably harmless but wipe cache and dalvik before flashing the kernel, not after.
ἕν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

"I know one thing, that I know nothing"
Id Arcanum Old
(Last edited by Id Arcanum; 4th March 2012 at 09:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
so what's the verdict? o.O

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/c6mgv626lsyf66b/Photos/Screenshot_2012-03-03-18-22-53.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/rlzjnlonnzln1tr/Photos/Screenshot_2012-03-03-18-23-03.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/xxj161w6bt59jw5/Photos/Screenshot_2012-03-03-18-23-22.png

edited for some people convince not to show images, but links (still don't know what's the big deal about it)

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
666, beast, best rom, no smurfs, no tanclowns allowed, rasbeanjelly, trinity