[MOD] [JB4.1.2/4.2/CM10] Thyrus Mod Thread (Navbar/Mods/CM10 Themes) (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
T

Thyrus

@thyrus nice to see ya here. You did great work on the sensation cant wait to see what you have planned.

Yeah the menu on both sides is a must. Also is there a way to make the glow blue. Blue keys and white glow just look off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

you guys are picky huh :)

so, what "glow" would you like then. Adding the menu on both sides now, so might as well "fix" the glow :)

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY

so, what "glow" would you like then. Adding the menu on both sides now, so might as well "fix" the glow :)

Maybe it would be a better idea (if possible to) add a "ROM Control"ish apk that requires root access that can change all of the settings that you mentioned in OP. Just for the time being until a ROM (such as AOKP, CM10) can do this without having it 'hard coded' in systemUI and framework.

T

Thyrus

thought about that - but I really do not want to compete with AOKP/CM and such guys ... my mod is merely there for me (shared with you) and I will let the devs to their thing enabling these customisations when they launch CM and AOKP based on 4.1.1

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009

If the glow matched the key color that would be the best. :D sorry about the menu on both side but it makes the keys look off balance. Thanks again for all your hard work.

splus

If the glow matched the key color that would be the best. :D sorry about the menu on both side but it makes the keys look off balance. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Yeah, I also think the same color for icons and glow would be best. I prefer ICS blue color, but I'd be OK with white as well, that's just a matter of preference.

As for the menu, I understand that menu at both sides centers other icons, but I really see no use of having 2 menu icons. Makes no sense in practical use. In my opinion, of course, we're all different.
I use to use 4 icons, back, home, recents and menu (permanent) on AOKP, and from different screenshots I've seen around many people used such icon order in their navbar.

Last edited:

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
thought about that - but I really do not want to compete with AOKP/CM and such guys ... my mod is merely there for me (shared with you) and I will let the devs to their thing enabling these customisations when they launch CM and AOKP based on 4.1.1

Not really competiting. It's all open source, if anything... you're contributing :)
just a suggestion since it would benefit the users and yourself for not creating 10 other variants of your original and letting the user choose what they want.

Reactions: OtavioMalzone

kamranwpi

Sep 12, 2008
Is there any way to rearrange the Navbar icons? also posibliity to add search in there as well?

T

Thyrus

I will see what i can do about the navbar highlights and maybe having menu bar hidden..I hope you guys understand that i cannot create 100s of versions of this - > the only way would be an apk adding these values to the code...

I will leave the rest to the AOKP and others - had my run-ins with them in the past, so that's why I want to make double-sure I don't compete or similar :)

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I will see what i can do about the navbar highlights and maybe having menu bar hidden..I hope you guys understand that i cannot create 100s of versions of this - > the only way would be an apk adding these values to the code...

I will leave the rest to the AOKP and others - had my run-ins with them in the past, so that's why I want to make double-sure I don't compete or similar :)

Thanks for your hard work.

T

Thyrus

Apktool to compile and recompile, sometimes eclipse to change XML and paint. net to modify pngs and winrar to zip :)

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
Do what you do and I'm positive everyone will be happy with your work. ;) On the menu thing its just those three dots for menu make the Nav bar appear lopsided. Though the usefulness outweighs the appearance. Thanks

hiemanshu

Feb 6, 2012
Bangalore
Yeah, I'd just like one with the stock navbar style, but 36 dpi, I'll try editing the APK and see if I can do it, otherwise I'd appreciate if you can do it, I assume its a simple edit to do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [MOD][JB4.1.2/4.2/CM10] Thyrus Mod Thread (Navbar/Mods/CM10 Themes) (updated)

Maybe I'm a little late to this party, but was there a request for the enabled quick setting tiles to be blue instead if white? Kinda hard to tell the difference from ones that are on from ones that are off. Looking great otherwise thanks for this theme, love it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Not really competiting. It's all open source, if anything... you're contributing :)
    just a suggestion since it would benefit the users and yourself for not creating 10 other variants of your original and letting the user choose what they want.
    I love this mod, since it has the menu soft key always visible; however I would like to know if the soft button for menu can be changed for something like this:

In blue color of course and a 36dpi format :fingers-crossed:
    I'd be damn happy and thankful if you could make one with menu enabled and always visible on right side. Navkeys color doesn't matter :angel:

You can use V2. There you have menu enabled right side

I have the old gnex with the kitkat 4.4.2 cyanogenmod rom installed.

I like the black backround in the settings.

But:

When i activate the theme all works fine but on the statusbar all icons are white except the phone signal icon that is unfortunately still blue.

How can i change this?

Or is this theme not made for kitkat 4.4.2??

It's not made for KitKat. It's a JB theme.
    Here's Thyrus KK Black Theme
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.template.theme.ThyrusHoloKKDonate