XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.2 [BETA]

Tip us?

ben.nesheim
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajvd View Post
Just a small UX related question, does anyone feel weird when using apps that need double pressing back key for exit? I feel little irritated when pressing back button on the PIE twice. So I usually go to home screen and let the app get killed by the OS.
Anyone else?

(This is a small issue, but I love the features of the rom so much, that I have mailed the app developers about making the double back pressing feature optional)

Regards,
Neeraj
ha ya i had run across that using es file explorer with pie enabled. Or implementing the holding back to kill...but once again i dont know how that would work with pie :P i guess you could always just clear recents later i do that probably more often than i should or need to
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock/Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 GPE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked GSM) - PA 4.3+leanKernel
HTC EVO 4G - Retired still works actually!
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Tour 9630
iPhone 3GS
HTC Hero
Blackberry Curve 8330m
wow....ok im gonna stop Lolz
The Following User Says Thank You to ben.nesheim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bonis666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb15) | Release candidate | R1

Hi, does anyone else have trouble with gps in runkeeper on feb20 PA? only in runkeeper gps don't work, so i guess the problem is the app, but would be great to know if someone else is having the same problem so i can rule out other stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

neerajvd
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Default Re: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb15) | Release candidate | R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.nesheim View Post
ha ya i had run across that using es file explorer with pie enabled. Or implementing the holding back to kill...but once again i dont know how that would work with pie :P i guess you could always just clear recents later i do that probably more often than i should or need to
Exactly. I face this problem for ES File Explorer and Dolphin browser. Both the apps also have swipe edge functionality! So much to my frustration, I end up swiping pages.

It's high time the Android world wakes up to the magic of Navigation using PIE.

What a concept really! Hats off.

Regards,
Neeraj

You either own a Nexus. or you own nothing
GNex powered by: Paranoid Android 4+
Mods: BEATS + XLOUDER , Zenyth V3 , HOLO GLASS , Blacked Out GApps
Nexus 7: Stock KitKat

ben.nesheim
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonis666 View Post
Hi, does anyone else have trouble with gps in runkeeper on feb20 PA? only in runkeeper gps don't work, so i guess the problem is the app, but would be great to know if someone else is having the same problem so i can rule out other stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
do you mean it takes forever to connect or its not using gps location at all? sometimes i have to pop open gps toolbox first let it connect then i go back to the app (usually maps or noaa weather) and then it works like a charm.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock/Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 GPE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked GSM) - PA 4.3+leanKernel
HTC EVO 4G - Retired still works actually!
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Tour 9630
iPhone 3GS
HTC Hero
Blackberry Curve 8330m
wow....ok im gonna stop Lolz

bonis666
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.nesheim View Post
do you mean it takes forever to connect or its not using gps location at all? sometimes i have to pop open gps toolbox first let it connect then i go back to the app (usually maps or noaa weather) and then it works like a charm.
Hi, yeah, it's taking forver have had i tried for 20 min but no connection, Maps and everything else works. dosen't help if I have a fixed postion in the toolbox either. My guess is there something with the app and 4.2.2 ?, but if it's working for other people on PA 20feb i guess it can be something else..

kuba144
Old
(Last edited by kuba144; 24th February 2013 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Checked last pages and I can't find the answer. Now I've got version from FEB09. I want to install FEB20. I know that I have to install custom kernel (will AK kernel be ok?) but do I have to download and install new GApps?

Rotary Heart
Old
Thanks Meter 606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba144 View Post
Checked last pages and I can't find the answer. Now I've got version from FEB15. I want to install FEB20. I know that I have to install custom kernel (will AK kernel be ok?) but do I have to download and install new GApps?
Quote from OP

Quote:
INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
5. REBOOT
PA 3+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.
Checkout my apps >>> Play Store <<< >>> Slide Me Market <<<
Ubuntu Lockscreen | PC System Monitor | SU Root Tools | CM10 DCB Theme | Every BIOS | Hangup Preventer | Text Modifier | G-Force Meter | RH File Manager

The Following User Says Thank You to Rotary Heart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quand443
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Default AW: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb15) | Release candidate | R1

You always have to flash the gapps...

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Jtlaraia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
About to flash on todays release (feb24) 3.1 for toroplus sprint gnex but otherwise i've been digging 3+ early feb release. Along with Franco Kernel a bit of over clocking, and nova launcher, this thing is a beast. I did notice the slide input for keyboard wasn't working like was mentioned earlier, maybe that'll be fixed. Even overclocked with nova launcher on im getting pretty solid battery life, I might give one of the AK kernels a shot. For those of you who have used both, what are your thoughts? Playing with nova in conjunction with the different hybrid settings is a little finicky but if anyone want my list of settings pm me.

AZNair
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Is there other devices which PA has been developed for, or will be in the future? I need to purchase a gsm phone for travel (on Toro right now) and don't want to lose this awesomeness! Any recommendations...

AOSPA3.0/ Lk5.8.2/ NovaPrime/ Twrp

Tags
android, halo, hybrid, paranoid, pie