XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] [GN] [GSM] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 + Nightlies [Flashable Zip]

Tip us?

NCguy
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoura View Post
So I can't seem to make sense of what is going on with this new SDcard thing but I think it has to do with my problem...maybe

I'm trying to push my ROM to flash to /sdcard/ and going to "chose zip to install" yeilds no files there (I formatted SDcard with CWM 6.0.1.9) along with the rest of the partitions

edit; pushing file using GNex toolkit v10 worked, but I want to know why just pushing to /sdcard/ didn't work like it normally did, anyone able to explain?
I'll take shot at it. I'm assuming you're on 4.2? If that's the case then the new CWM is now looking for its folder in /data/media and not /sdcard any longer. This has to do with the new 4.2 multiuser code.

If you pushed the files with the kit you can see the CWM folders in /data/media using a root level file manager on your device like es file explorer. But you can't get there with a pc any longer using mtp unless you map a new symbolic drive or use different tools, kit being one if those.

Bottom line, transferring CWM files between your device and your pc is still doable using different methods but google has just made the old way of simply copying with your pc more complicated. The kit apparently is taking care of it correctly.

veatbreaker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys, sorry for the noob question.
but do i just flash the "Flashable Zip" using my current clockworkmod recovery?

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11451
Quote:
Originally Posted by veatbreaker View Post
Hi guys, sorry for the noob question.
but do i just flash the "Flashable Zip" using my current clockworkmod recovery?
Apology accepted. Yes. Answered a few pages back as well. Please read.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr-mauro
Old
(Last edited by mr-mauro; 28th November 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi, I'm using CWM 6.0.1.9 on Android 4.2! I've just tried to make a backup with more or less 7GB free... The backup was going very slow, so i doubt something was going wrong. It ended with an error, because couldn't backup /data; i imagines so that he filled all the empty space and, reboot in android confirmed me that with several errors of low storage.
I started to look for where the backup were gone but... I deleted the /data/media/clockworkmod/ and the /data/media/0/clockworkmod/ but... Why it was "looping" on the backup?
Galaxy S II i9100 (CM10.1 Kang)
Galaxy Nexus i9250 (CM10.2 Kang)

shamarshall
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hoping someone can help
im using the latest CWM Touch Recovery, and with every 4.2 rom flash, it's creating another /0 folder. What can i do to stop this??
FWIW i did a full wipe before putting 4.2 and CWM 6.0.1.9
The Following User Says Thank You to shamarshall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Thanks Meter 11451
koush changed the default format back to tar in the "mr1-staging" test branch of his github.

This and a couple other nice changes haven't made their way over to the main source yet so we can't make Jenkins builds with it, but hopefully soon, and hopefully a new revision number too.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

Khizar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamarshall View Post
Hoping someone can help
im using the latest CWM Touch Recovery, and with every 4.2 rom flash, it's creating another /0 folder. What can i do to stop this??
FWIW i did a full wipe before putting 4.2 and CWM 6.0.1.9
flash the latest twrp..it doesnt have this issue

Current Phone- Samsung Galaxy Note 3(N9005)

I have a "thank on sight" list, not many people are in it (mostly devs), BUT if i see a user that goes out of their way to help users then they will be added to it..
The Following User Says Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emjay911
Old
Thanks Meter 17
thanks for the CWM touch

very useful.. thanks
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android JellyBean 4.1.2
Codename Android 3.8.0 ROM
franco.Kernel #289 Milestone-6
CWM Recovery Touch 6.0.1.9

NCguy
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by k786 View Post
flash the latest twrp..it doesnt have this issue

This isn't supposed to be an issue in this version of CWM either. Wonder if it has something to do with a full wipe after 4.2? Apparently there is a marker file put down in /data by 4.2 to tell subsequent factory resets not to migrate the files again. I wonder if something happened to that file?
The Following User Says Thank You to NCguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
(Last edited by osm0sis; 1st December 2012 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11451
My thoughts exactly. I'm kinda guessing a format might remove it.