OP Dees_Troy

26th November 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #831  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,177

3,889 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne

Just made a new backup. Now it's there in the backup folder which didn't exist before (just two other files).

Tapatalked

Even if you reboot and reboot back into recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
26th November 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #832  
Flag Örebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 380

1,439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegtfusion

Even if you reboot and reboot back into recovery?

Yes. Not for you?

Tapatalked
26th November 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #833  
Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibey

Made a backup with TWRP 2.3.2.1 , then wiped (factory reset) , then i wanted to install a rom BUT it seemed that i lost all my data in /sdcard !!??? What the hell happened ? I just have a couple of useless folder remaining...

turns out all the files were in /data/media and twrp mounted /sdcard to /data/media/0 even tough i was coming from a 2.2 rom so all my files were not there !
26th November 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #834  
Flag Örebro, Sweden

1,439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibey

turns out all the files were in /data/media and twrp mounted /sdcard to /data/media/0 even tough i was coming from a 2.2 rom so all my files were not there !

Hmm I had some 0 folders on my sdcard after wiping 4.2 rom with CWM a few times. Actually got like 0/0/0/0 in the end. Somehow I actually had two seperate "0" folders in the root of my sdcard when checking on my computer. How is that even possible? Two folders with exact same name.

Anywho I deleted them both and their substructures. Could that have messed up my TWRP backup somehow? Weird stuff. The backup seems to sit there on my sdcard now at least. Will monitor it.
26th November 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #835  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 859

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmm I had some 0 folders on my sdcard after wiping 4.2 rom with CWM a few times. Actually got like 0/0/0/0 in the end. Somehow I actually had two seperate "0" folders in the root of my sdcard when checking on my computer. How is that even possible? Two folders with exact same name.

Anywho I deleted them both and their substructures. Could that have messed up my TWRP backup somehow? Weird stuff. The backup seems to sit there on my sdcard now at least. Will monitor it.

format everything and use only latest recoveries...u are using an old version. also dont go anymore from android 4.2 to android 4.1 to avoid other mistakes
Last edited by andQlimax; 26th November 2012 at 09:13 PM.
26th November 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #836  
Flag Örebro, Sweden

1,439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andQlimax

format everything and use only latest recoveries...u are using an old version. also dont go anymore from android 4.2 to android 4.1 to avoid other mistakes

Thanks. I think I am good to go now though. Newest TWRP recovery and no more weird sdcard/0 subfolders that seemed to be the culprit to my issue(s) as far as I can understand. And I won't go back to 4.1. I like 4.2 too much for that.
27th November 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #837  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 347

1,926 posts
More
Is there a safe way to restore a 4.1.x backup while running a 4.2.x ROM?

I have a 4.1.2 backup that I would like to restore and have noticed several people having issues restoring 4.1.x backups after upgrading to 4.2.
27th November 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #838  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,177

3,889 posts
More
Quote:

Yes. Not for you?

Tapatalked

Will test and report back.

27th November 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #839  
Thanks Meter: 113

984 posts
More
I've just read a lot in a thread about the new 4.2.1 update that is out for the N4. They say that with CWM is tell that the recovery whould the stock after that flash, and ask if the flasher would like to keep CWM and the root after flash.

Does TWRP ask for such a thing? Or can it be added?

/Söder
27th November 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #840  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 859

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder

I've just read a lot in a thread about the new 4.2.1 update that is out for the N4. They say that with CWM is tell that the recovery whould the stock after that flash, and ask if the flasher would like to keep CWM and the root after flash.

Does TWRP ask for such a thing? Or can it be added?

/Söder

u misunderstood i think..the recovery does nothing..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread