Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][maguro] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

Tip us?

thegtfusion
Old
Thanks Meter 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
Just made a new backup. Now it's there in the backup folder which didn't exist before (just two other files).

Tapatalked
Even if you reboot and reboot back into recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 5

ROM: Stock
Kernel: Linaro kernel r32.

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegtfusion View Post
Even if you reboot and reboot back into recovery?

Yes. Not for you?

Tapatalked

tibey
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibey View Post
Made a backup with TWRP 2.3.2.1 , then wiped (factory reset) , then i wanted to install a rom BUT it seemed that i lost all my data in /sdcard !!??? What the hell happened ? I just have a couple of useless folder remaining...
turns out all the files were in /data/media and twrp mounted /sdcard to /data/media/0 even tough i was coming from a 2.2 rom so all my files were not there !

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibey View Post
turns out all the files were in /data/media and twrp mounted /sdcard to /data/media/0 even tough i was coming from a 2.2 rom so all my files were not there !
Hmm I had some 0 folders on my sdcard after wiping 4.2 rom with CWM a few times. Actually got like 0/0/0/0 in the end. Somehow I actually had two seperate "0" folders in the root of my sdcard when checking on my computer. How is that even possible? Two folders with exact same name.

Anywho I deleted them both and their substructures. Could that have messed up my TWRP backup somehow? Weird stuff. The backup seems to sit there on my sdcard now at least. Will monitor it.

andQlimax
Old
(Last edited by andQlimax; 26th November 2012 at 09:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmm I had some 0 folders on my sdcard after wiping 4.2 rom with CWM a few times. Actually got like 0/0/0/0 in the end. Somehow I actually had two seperate "0" folders in the root of my sdcard when checking on my computer. How is that even possible? Two folders with exact same name.

Anywho I deleted them both and their substructures. Could that have messed up my TWRP backup somehow? Weird stuff. The backup seems to sit there on my sdcard now at least. Will monitor it.
format everything and use only latest recoveries...u are using an old version. also dont go anymore from android 4.2 to android 4.1 to avoid other mistakes
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by andQlimax View Post
format everything and use only latest recoveries...u are using an old version. also dont go anymore from android 4.2 to android 4.1 to avoid other mistakes
Thanks. I think I am good to go now though. Newest TWRP recovery and no more weird sdcard/0 subfolders that seemed to be the culprit to my issue(s) as far as I can understand. And I won't go back to 4.1. I like 4.2 too much for that.

creeve4
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Is there a safe way to restore a 4.1.x backup while running a 4.2.x ROM?

I have a 4.1.2 backup that I would like to restore and have noticed several people having issues restoring 4.1.x backups after upgrading to 4.2.

thegtfusion
Old
Thanks Meter 2,168
Quote:
Yes. Not for you?

Tapatalked
Will test and report back.

Google Nexus 5

ROM: Stock
Kernel: Linaro kernel r32.

soder
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I've just read a lot in a thread about the new 4.2.1 update that is out for the N4. They say that with CWM is tell that the recovery whould the stock after that flash, and ask if the flasher would like to keep CWM and the root after flash.

Does TWRP ask for such a thing? Or can it be added?

/Söder

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder View Post
I've just read a lot in a thread about the new 4.2.1 update that is out for the N4. They say that with CWM is tell that the recovery whould the stock after that flash, and ask if the flasher would like to keep CWM and the root after flash.

Does TWRP ask for such a thing? Or can it be added?

/Söder
u misunderstood i think..the recovery does nothing..
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer