5,600,292 Members 37,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] [RADIO] [GSM] Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 Baseband Collection & Discussion

Tip us?

sacksyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
That is what I want to know because Radios are supposed to have matching RIL's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink View Post
RIL? You mean... Radio Interface layer? The kernel-component talking to the actual radio?

If so ... No. AFAIK your kernel already has that, and it shouldn't strictly need and updates either.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Stock 4.0.4
Baseband: XXLF1
Build #: JRO03C
Kernel:
Recovery:

Device: Asus Nexus 7
ROM: Jelly Bean Stock
Radio:
Build:
Kernel:
Recovery:

SSVR
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
Yeah, I haven't been able to get radio network type to stick. I prefer GSM auto, but it never sticks.

Whatever you do, don't hit the UPDATE button. It will screw up your SMSC settings and the ability to send SMSs.
Thanks, I read your post literally 5s after I hit update button repeatedly to see if it'd make my settings changes stick :P

I probably wouldn't have noticed a problem until later and not fixed it immediately had you not posted!

Is there any way to tell if the setting to AUS2 band stuck?

Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
Yeah, I haven't been able to get radio network type to stick. I prefer GSM auto, but it never sticks.

Whatever you do, don't hit the UPDATE button. It will screw up your SMSC settings and the ability to send SMSs.
Likewise..... Same as guy above. Now texting is twizzzzzzTED. Oh well, gotta be some way to fix it I would think. Guess I'm off to pound the boards for a few hours until I figure out how to undo my daily boo-boo.Unless........ Anyone wants to lemme know what I need to do after so brilliantly "UPDATING" the "do not update" setting.

Peace

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7769

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24861 View Post
Likewise..... Same as guy above. Now texting is twizzzzzzTED. Oh well, gotta be some way to fix it I would think. Guess I'm off to pound the boards for a few hours until I figure out how to undo my daily boo-boo.Unless........ Anyone wants to lemme know what I need to do after so brilliantly "UPDATING" the "do not update" setting.

Peace
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/SMSC_Updates
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
THANK YOU EFRANT!!!!!!!! YOU DA' MAN!!! (Thanks +1 & I owe ya one & I'll "Pay it forward")

Robdyx
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I still remember those days flashing radio_32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 in my N1 because it was supposed to greatly improve signal levels.....

I'm in Spain, using Pepephone, could anyone recommend me any baseband to use? Any noticeable difference among the european basebands? of course i'm on GSM/yakju/maguro/allthisthing

josteink
Old
Thanks Meter 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdyx View Post
I still remember those days flashing radio_32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 in my N1 because it was supposed to greatly improve signal levels.....

I'm in Spain, using Pepephone, could anyone recommend me any baseband to use? Any noticeable difference among the european basebands? of course i'm on GSM/yakju/maguro/allthisthing
In my opinion XXKL1 is a massive improvement over XXKK6, which in my experience performs roughly the same as XXKK1.

Others have reported that they get radio-crashes/signal-issues with XXKL1, while others have attributed this to their 4.0.3-build as opposed to the actual radio.

YMMV. I recommend trying XXKL1.
Enhanche your Android with sleeping kitties! Optionally restrain your device with the Android Straitjacket.

HTC One LTE - Unlocked, S-OFF with Google edition firmware
Nexus 7 (2013) "Razor" - Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robdyx
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Thank you so much, my good sir.

rolear8
Old
(Last edited by rolear8; 31st January 2012 at 05:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
I have issues with my data, and the GPS never locks, i was on KK1 baseband, then changed to kk6, then KL1, and now im on UGkk7, and still the same....

Im with franco kernel 14.4 and AOKP 21... dont know whre is the issue...

I will try UGKL1 radio...im in Mexico.

EDIT: Now im on UGKL1 and the GPS never locks : (

yoh_anim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If you have it with all the radios, don't you think you should look on the kernel or the rom side now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

The Following User Says Thank You to yoh_anim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
baseband, cwm, fastboot, gsm, hspa, i9250, maguro, radio