Tip us?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
RIL doesn't matter. Please read.
I know it doesn't, I'm just saying someone needs to tell the GetRIL guys as they say it doesn't match. People who use that app will worry!
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11430
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
I know it doesn't, I'm just saying someone needs to tell the GetRIL guys as they say it doesn't match. People who use that app will worry!
Ah, if anything that app needs a complete overhaul since RILs don't go with radio, they go with Android OS version. Which is why my current advice is to uninstall it and forget it ever existed.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Default Re: [Radio Dumps] (GSM) Galaxy Nexus I9250 Baseband collection & discussion

Quote:
Ah, if anything that app needs a complete overhaul since RILs don't go with radio, they go with Android OS version. Which is why my current advice is to uninstall it and forget it ever existed.
Good point!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

sibbor
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Radio Dumps] (GSM) Galaxy Nexus I9250 Baseband collection & discussion

Quote:
I'll update the app based om user feedback and data. Thanks for your knowledge.
Developer of GetRIL (XDA thread)
See your device's RIL and baseband version and download & install a new RIL even without on-the-fly!

HTC One X
ROM: CM 10.1 (official) or AOSP 4.2.2 - Thanks pabx, tbalden & Co
Hboot: 1.39

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
CM 10.1 (official) - Thanks XpLoDWilD!

LG Optimus 2X
CM 10.1 (official) - Thanks Ricardo Cerqueira!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibbor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11430
All due respect sibbor, since I know you developed it on the knowledge at the time. I have the utmost respect for your work. It's only that now that we know better, your app (in its current state) is really only spreading worry among those who don't know better.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkcbbusiness
Old
Thanks Meter 60

If anyone is in the United States and using 4.2.2 please share the radio you are using.

fatappel
Old
Thanks Meter 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcbbusiness View Post
If anyone is in the United States and using 4.2.2 please share the radio you are using.

They all work well in the USA. I figure latest is best. XXLJ1 is latest and has given me good results in NYC

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

renaud
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2225

DONATE TO ME

Which radio are users of Italia TIM using in Rome? It seems xxlj1 is providing extremely poor coverage...
I gave up the idea of a useful signature

ak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 35928

DONATE TO ME
Im using last radio XXLJ1 ... i dont see real difference from old one.! Wind ....
What is the problem renaud?

Is this the last radio for Maguro?

AK

Github: link
Twitter: link
Xda N4: link
Xda N7: link
Google+: link
Dirty_v GN: link
Nephilim: link

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM.
Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.
by morfic:
Just flash over.
Only thing we wipe here is our butts!

CADude
Old
(Last edited by CADude; 3rd March 2013 at 07:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcbbusiness View Post

To be honest, the XXLJ1 radio that came with 4.2.2 seems to be giving me the best results in Northern California with AT&T (Straight Talk)

Quote:
My advice: Uninstall GetRIL. The RIL from JDQ39 is identical to JOP40D (4.2.1), as I've posted many times. Read my RIL post in my sig.
Thanks so much for this. GetRIL is confusing a lot of people both here and outside XDA.

The Following User Says Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
baseband, cwm, fastboot, gsm, hspa, i9250, maguro, radio