Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][13-04-12][AOSP][4.0.4] Codename Android 2.0.0RC|Fully Open Source+Nightly Build

OP AndroidUser00110001

26th March 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #891  
ArmanUV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
825 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3201

Obviously its likely what you said. Are these kind of displays popular with burn in symptoms? I bought my gn when it was 6 weeks old and it wasn't me who used the wallpaper with that "galaxy nexus" label......will compare it with my colleagues phone tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wait a second it's permanent? temporary burn in is common but it does away after a few seconds or minutes. a permanent burn in shouldn't happen unless the previous owner deliberate kept the screen awake for long time (there is an option to do that in developer options in settings). I suggest you return it or send it for warranty if you can.
27th March 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #892  
da900's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 155
 
695 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
There are 2 nightlies for the last 2 days. Could anyone provide changelog?

Sent via Tapatalk.
27th March 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #893  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
When updating from 1.5.5 to the latest nightly build(s) do I have to reset/delete factory data or just wipe cache and delvik cache and flash rom+gapps?
28th March 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #894  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 3
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
I wiped just to be sure. Data gets restored by google anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
28th March 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #895  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21
 
342 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambergino

When updating from 1.5.5 to the latest nightly build(s) do I have to reset/delete factory data or just wipe cache and delvik cache and flash rom+gapps?

I was just thinking the same thing. +1 for a changelog too. Just going to backup and flash on top, see what happens. I let you know
28th March 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #896  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I came from Aokp and this rom is much better...Its fast and with stock kernel the battery life i s amazing....Just one problem though, does anyone else have their phone freeze a lot? Its happening all the time to me....I am on the newest update 1.5.5

PS- I did a full wipe before I flashed the Rom
28th March 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #897  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeth

I came from Aokp and this rom is much better...Its fast and with stock kernel the battery life i s amazing....Just one problem though, does anyone else have their phone freeze a lot? Its happening all the time to me....I am on the newest update 1.5.5

PS- I did a full wipe before I flashed the Rom

Yes I get random freezes which I have to pull the battery for 1-2 a day too with 1.5.5 and I just flashed it on top of 1.5.0 so I thought that might have something to do with it but if you are saying you did a clean wipe and its still same it means 1.5.5 is a calprit. I am trying the latest Nightly build right now, so far 24h no freezes but that too I flashed on top of 1.5.5 instead of a clean install I dont know why I am resisting a clean install until the next milestone

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiballer20

I was just thinking the same thing. +1 for a changelog too. Just going to backup and flash on top, see what happens. I let you know

Well it definitely works just flashing it on top of eachother, I just wiped cache and delvik everytime... I dont know why my Android OS is juicing my battery though, maybe a clean install will fix this?
28th March 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #898  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
1.5.5 always ran like a charm here. No freezes whatsoever. Same with the latest nightlies. Be sure not to UV if you get freezes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
28th March 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #899  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Lambergino: I just reflashed 1.5.5 without a full wipe so I will see if i get any more random freezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamecake

1.5.5 always ran like a charm here. No freezes whatsoever. Same with the latest nightlies. Be sure not to UV if you get freezes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I never touch the UV settings, I just Underclocked to 920MHZ...and where do I go to download the Nightlies?
28th March 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #900  
da900's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 155
 
695 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeth

Lambergino: I just reflashed 1.5.5 without a full wipe so I will see if i get any more random freezes



I never touch the UV settings, I just Underclocked to 920MHZ...and where do I go to download the Nightlies?

The link is in OP.



Sent via Tapatalk.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, codename android
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes