[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11

Should there be a CM11 build with the updated kernel/drivers?

• Yes!

Votes: 124 96.1%
  • No.

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Reviz

May 29, 2010
I have to say that after a reinstall of factory 4.3 + twrp + cm11 (last) + gapps it works much better. I have not installed franco's kernel because i read that may cause problems with cm11. Cm10 however is faster.

AgentSmith

Feb 22, 2006
What is the point of flashing a factory image before CM?

I briefly tried the last CM stable build (10.2.1) but that also doesn't run very smoothly. So far the mid December nightly builds of CM11 gave me the best experience. I'm back on the latest build though and with the help of Fancy kernel r60 it's running fine. I'm on minimal gapps though and I always delete several system apk's that I don't need or that I have better alternatives for. All CM specific apk's are gone and so are calculator, most wallpapers, sim toolkit and trebuchet. I used to delete calendar as well but I absolutely hate the new Google calendar layout so I went back to using the aosp calendar.

I like to keep /system as clean as possible. And it also is an advantage to have most user apps in /data because when you don't clear dalvik cache between dirty flashes less apps need their dalvik data rebuilt making the android upgrade process considerably shorter.

Reviz

May 29, 2010
I also have a low frame rate on recorded videos, alternative video recording apps don't seem to solve the problem. To take photos, aosp camera seems to work well, google one not.

Last edited:

nikodr

Jul 14, 2010
I also have a low frame rate on recorded videos, alternative video recording apps don't seem to solve the problem. To take photos, aosp camera seems to work well, google one not.

For videos and pictures i use open camera,google camera and aosp camera do not seem to have focus button,i set with open camera focus to infinity and i seem to have good pictures,and also proper recorded videos without the focus defocus effect every second.

Reviz

May 29, 2010
For those who hate the camera bug and would like to use photosphere (like me), I went backward and I found that the CM11 M10 (20140916-SNAPSHOT) works well.

To be more precise I installed:
CM11 M10 (clean install) + last MICRO PA gapps + PA Google Camera Addon Module (because it removes the aosp camera)

Everything seems to work well. Google camera works and make videos at the proper frame rate also at 1080p. Take photos during video recording is broken but i don't care, I never used it.

From M11 there are some issues like low frame rate recording at 1080p or camera crashing. This is my experience, I made some test last days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fitchman

ibraheeemz

Sep 24, 2010
Riyadh
Need Help

i am on 4.3, rooted, CWM 6.0.5.1 and TWRP both tried to flash CM12 and CM11 nightlies, but I cannot pass the google screen, any ideas?

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
i am on 4.3, rooted, CWM 6.0.5.1 and TWRP both tried to flash CM12 and CM11 nightlies, but I cannot pass the google screen, any ideas?

You need to do a full factory reset. This includes wiping the system partition. Do this then flash the ROM again and it should work.

I've noticed my Galaxy Nexus has slowed down considerably again. Could anyone confirm if TRIM is enabled in recent kernels?

diogofd8

Oct 28, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Moto G5
guys...
7FO893d.jpg

do you also have that weird softkey background? It was supposed to be black right? Or at least background color but it changes to that white and its ugly.
it appears white only when using google search or changing a home menu folder name or something like that... I don't get it :c

ADDOriN

Jul 8, 2012
Burgas
www.combatkingz.com
guys...
7FO893d.jpg

do you also have that weird softkey background? It was supposed to be black right? Or at least background color but it changes to that white and its ugly.
it appears white only when using google search or changing a home menu folder name or something like that... I don't get it :c

I'm not sure here mate. I'm using CM12 now and when i used CM11 i think it was the same as you are.

vintermut

Apr 16, 2010
Prijedor
Hi to all, is anyone found solution for wifi? At initial setup I have wifi but after install wifi lost and cannot find my network anymore... Thank you in advance!

Reactions: ASHURiCAN

JuggaloDroid

Sep 28, 2012
Been having some issues with the camera lately. Sometimes it works great; but lately when I go to use it, it tells me that a connection to the camera cannot be made. This has also affected the Torch. Has anyone else come across this issue lately?

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
After i've looking around for more free ram, i found an solution.
On the one hand, you will have more free ram, the whole phone will be faster and also it looks like it saves more battery. On the other hand, it will disable few transparency and animation things, which are memory hungry. This would be made for phones which just have 512MB ram, but works like a charm on galaxy nexus and give them a little extra boost.

What you need to do is simple:
1. Backup you phone, just to be save if something goes wrong
2. Take your root explorer (one you wanna like use)
3. Go into /system and open the build.prop with text editor
4. Type at the bottom the following line "ro.config.low_ram=true" (of course without "")
5. Save the build.prop and boot into recovery
6. Wipe cache and dalvik cache then you ready to reboot your phone

Hope you'll like it, if not just delete the line, wipe both caches again and reboot your phone.

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Any one interessed in stock kernel, which has following features:
ASRAM, slightly overclocked GPU, row as standart, swappiness 40, lowererd logger ram, lowererd framebuffer.
As you see, dont changed much things because the stock kernel itselfs has enough power. This little changes will make the phone a just bit quicker.
If someone interested let it me know by pressing "Thanks", if enough are interested will publish it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-05-09-28-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-09-28-39.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 868
Last edited:

ASHURiCAN

Mar 12, 2011
Thx for the great tip @sgspluss, I would test it but first I would like to fix my Wi-Fi. It's broken since 2 or 3 nightlies. Any help is welcome to try fixing the Wi-Fi. Will post pics...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-06-05-41-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-06-05-41-42.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 695
  • Screenshot_2015-02-06-05-41-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-06-05-41-53.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
As i promissed, AdvancedCyanogenmodKernel are ready to use ;)
Updates will follow time by time, just need to sync with newest cyanogenmod sources and readd the features.

Features:
- Build with Linaro GCC 4.9.3-2015.01 Toolchain
- Set ROW as standard scheduler
- Slightly GPU OC up to 384Mhz
- Added ASRAM (around 50MB more useable ram)
- Added slightly relax ram timings
- Reduced framebuffer size to 12MB
- Reduced logger ram useage
- Lowered swappiness

DOWNLOAD HERE

Of course you can find the sources on github

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm your new CM maintainer ;)

They almost dropped the support for this phone, because the lack of a maintainer...
    Unfortunately, I only have a maguro, so toro & toroplus will be dropped for now :/

For those who use CM, this means you will soon be able to enjoy my updated OMAP 3.0 kernel (for those who are following the development, it will still use the "old" PVR until we get camera fixed), which will speed up stuff a bit.
    Finally, RIL is fixed.
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-22-44-59.jpg
    A small status update on CM12: RIL isn't working yet, I need to find and submit the commit(s) to make it working to gerrit. The rest looks fine (except camera, as I use the updated gpu drivers, but we'll try to fix it before the nightlies begin).
    I have a question regarding the upcoming CM12 Roms : are they going to be fully compatible with F2FS ? My phone has /data, /system and /cache in F2FS. I read something about CM12 not compatible with /system in F2FS or something like that ?

I didn't cherry-pick the F2FS support yet into the kernel, but if it's the only thing required, I'm willing to do it.

By the way, I made pretty good progress with CM12 - overall, I'm quite happy with the bringup so far. There are still some minor things waiting to be fixed, like the charging indicator on the lockscreen and the offmode charging mode seems bugged, but I use it as a daily driver without any problems (I don't care about these minor issues). Oh, and the stock camera app is still behaving oddly, we need to get that fixed too.
    I have decided to drop 32 MB of reserved tiler memory. This adds 32 MB of usable RAM back to the system, without compromising 1080p functions at all (we could drop more than 40 MB and still have 1080p working, so 32 should be totally good). @MWisBest also found out that HDMI mirroring is broken (probably because HWC 1.0), so disabling that added back another 16 MB of RAM.
    So overall, we have over 750 MB of usable RAM now, with everything working, and there's still room left in the tiler memory for custom kernels (bigram).
    Thanks to everyone who helped, I've got my maguro running again :victory::victory: One can't imagine how much I appreciate the help of the community :) so it looks like I'm getting back to the business ;)