Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [GSM] CyanogenMod 9

Tip us?
 
triStateMindgate
Old
(Last edited by triStateMindgate; 28th April 2012 at 10:41 PM.)
#3081  
triStateMindgate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 482
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubb16 View Post
Is CM9 still losing service with the screen off? Did they merge the kernel source with Google's latest update yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Kernel source has been merged


Nexus 4
4.2.1 Stock


Galaxy Nexus
4.2.1 Stock



"It's nice to be important but it's even more important to be nice"
 
mad_vtak
Old
#3082  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 299
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Memfrica
Quote:
Originally Posted by triStateMindgate View Post
The Kernel source has been merged
I'm on the latest nightly and Franco kernel and I still drop signal.

Edit: I had to wait for signal as I typed this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
triStateMindgate
Old
#3083  
triStateMindgate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 482
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_vtak View Post
I'm on the latest nightly and Franco kernel and I still drop signal.

Edit: I had to wait for signal as I typed this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Try another Kernel,or try to raise your voltage, not everyone is experiencing the issue, and those who are, it varies. I for one, have been flashing CM9/Rascream with trinity/Franco (Different types of Kernels) and I never had one issue. But given that you have Franco flashed that cancels out the question of Kernel source being merged with stock CM9 because you're running a custom Kernel anyway.


Nexus 4
4.2.1 Stock


Galaxy Nexus
4.2.1 Stock



"It's nice to be important but it's even more important to be nice"
 
mad_vtak
Old
(Last edited by mad_vtak; 29th April 2012 at 12:38 AM.)
#3084  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 299
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Memfrica
Quote:
Originally Posted by triStateMindgate View Post
Try another Kernel,or try to raise your voltage, not everyone is experiencing the issue, and those who are, it varies. I for one, have been flashing CM9/Rascream with trinity/Franco (Different types of Kernels) and I never had one issue. But given that you have Franco flashed that cancels out the question of Kernel source being merged with stock CM9 because you're running a custom Kernel anyway.
Changed CPU to 729 I'm not sure what you mean by voltage?

Edit: I also see that the imm76I is the one that fixes this issue. And the nightlies are imm76d

I shall try and find some kind of work arounds.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
triStateMindgate
Old
#3085  
triStateMindgate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 482
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_vtak View Post
Changed CPU to 729 I'm not sure what you mean by voltage?

Edit: I also see that the imm76I is the one that fixes this issue. And the nightlies are imm76d

I shall try and find some kind of work arounds.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You can try setting min to 729 too, that deffinetly might help, the only difference from what I know between IMM76D and IMM76I is the Kernel fix, supposedly the voltage parameters are causing "some" users to experience a signal loss in the 4.0.4 76D build while screen is off. All current custom Kernels should have the new source merged, thus eliminating the problem. Again, every person might have a different outcome.


Nexus 4
4.2.1 Stock


Galaxy Nexus
4.2.1 Stock



"It's nice to be important but it's even more important to be nice"
 
Schiehallion
Old
#3086  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 246
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Feel uber on nightlies. **** off a shovel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
ZiCoN
Old
#3087  
ZiCoN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 465
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Horsens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_vtak View Post
I'm on the latest nightly and Franco kernel and I still drop signal.

Edit: I had to wait for signal as I typed this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I'm on the same combo, default Franco settings and have no signal drops what so ever. Do you have the Prime03 bootloader or the 01?
Since 0427 and 0428 I haven't had any signal drops.

Combo:

Latest CM Nightly
Latest stable Franco - Default settings 384/1228/interactive
Prime03 bootloader
XXLA2 radio
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE - CM11 Nightly
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" - CM11 Nightly

Previous: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Galaxy Nexus - Samsung Galaxy S II - Samsung Galaxy S - HTC Desire/Xperia X10 mini - HTC Hero - Sony Ericsson G900 - HTC Touch Diamond - HP 614c - HTC Typhoon - HTC Voyager - SPV C500 - Orange SPV --> pre-smartphones

Total nerd
 
Hussainally
Old
#3088  
Hussainally's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 672
Join Date: Sep 2007
Omg the latest nightly is crazy fast... Don't need no different kernels.. Awesome stuff.. Tks Dev team

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
 
hanschke
Old
#3089  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 895
Join Date: Mar 2007
why are the nightlies on IMM76D if the IMM76I is merged
 
bemymonkey
Old
#3090  
bemymonkey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 2,346
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussainally View Post
Omg the latest nightly is crazy fast... Don't need no different kernels.. Awesome stuff.. Tks Dev team
And the battery life on 04.27 is AMAZING. Over 7 hours of screen on time (extrapolated, of course)... looks like I might not be trading in my GN so quickly after all.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes