FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [GSM] CyanogenMod 9

3,011 posts
Thanks Meter: 801
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th May 2012, 12:42 AM |#3991  
joelteixeira's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 258
 
More
Seems that 911 services are flooded by testing calls from CyanogenMod users. "what's the emergency sir?" "don't bother, I'm just testing my phone". Maybe CNN will cover this tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joelteixeira For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th May 2012, 12:57 AM |#3992  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
I reverted back to the 08 build or something like that and my emergency calls only issue went away is there a known problem with the lastest nightlys on this issue?

(when locked my phone would say emergency calls only but after it was unlocked it would get the signal back 75% of the time other times i had to to restart the phone to get signal back.)
17th May 2012, 12:58 AM |#3993  
thracemerin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,825
 
Donate to Me
More
Not saying you shouldn't test 911 if you're worried it won't work because it's always good to have confidence that it will work in a real emergency, but remember that in many jurisdictions this sends at least 1 police officer and possibly other emergency services out to check on the call regardless of what you tell the dispatcher, it may also result in you getting a not insignificant fine for doing so, I know this was pointed out a page or two ago, but I thought it worth repeating.
17th May 2012, 01:11 AM |#3994  
metroidnemesis13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Alright this is all valid. So so far we have 2 people in America that have reported an issue, and everyone else in all other countries it seems to work fine. I can test it all day and it never goes through. No cops show up because it hangs up before it even rings.

This is definitely a weird problem.
17th May 2012, 01:26 AM |#3995  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

Not saying you shouldn't test 911 if you're worried it won't work because it's always good to have confidence that it will work in a real emergency, but remember that in many jurisdictions this sends at least 1 police officer and possibly other emergency services out to check on the call regardless of what you tell the dispatcher, it may also result in you getting a not insignificant fine for doing so, I know this was pointed out a page or two ago, but I thought it worth repeating.

In some places you can call the non-emergency number for the 911 call center and schedule a 911 test. You then call 911 at the scheduled time and they'll know it's not a real emergency.
17th May 2012, 01:40 AM |#3996  
thracemerin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,825
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk63

In some places you can call the non-emergency number for the 911 call center and schedule a 911 test. You then call 911 at the scheduled time and they'll know it's not a real emergency.

I know, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, I'm just saying make sure you're not needlessly wasting emergency services time before you call 911 to test
17th May 2012, 02:58 AM |#3997  
metroidnemesis13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

I know, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, I'm just saying make sure you're not needlessly wasting emergency services time before you call 911 to test

Hahahah... yea....
17th May 2012, 03:03 AM |#3998  
rashidi_zin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
I previously said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashidi_zin

It seems that the camera crashed issue is still available on build 20120516.

My mistake. It's fixed when I force closed the application and cleared its data.
17th May 2012, 03:18 AM |#3999  
dj_ghosie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
I'm on the latest nightly now and the USB tethering still not working properly. I've waited for over 10 mins and the phone still wouldn't assign IP to the PC. Is there any app cache/data that I need to wipe for the tethering to work (I always wipe cache partition and davik cache after every dirty flash).

Wifi tethering works fine thou and so i'm sticking to it for the time being.

Please help....

EDIT: While we are on the subject, would it be possible to add at USB tethering toggle button to the menu? Quite a lot of presses needed in order to turn it on at the moment, many thanks devs!
Last edited by dj_ghosie; 17th May 2012 at 05:47 AM.
17th May 2012, 03:21 AM |#4000  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ghosie

I'm on the latest nightly now and the USB tethering still not working properly. I've waited for over 10 mins and the phone still wouldn't assign IP to the PC. Is there any app cache/data that I need to wipe for the tethering to work (I always wipe cache partition and davik cache after every dirty flash).

Wifi tethering works fine thou and so i'm sticking to it for the time being.

Please help....

mine doesnt work either.. but bluetooth and wifi tethering works fine.
same thing happen.. It wouldnt assign ip to my pc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes