Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [GSM] CyanogenMod 9

Tip us?
 
rickh925
Old
#491  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 195
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, FL
Well, just wanted to say glad to be back on the crack flash wagon. I was an avid flasher on the N1 with Fits ROMs and took the plunge today at work with my GN after a week of stock 4.0.2.

As I type this I now see the 01232012 ROM...

Looking forward to lots of tasty bits.
Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T)
ROM - Jedi Elite v5
KERNEL - 3.4.71 SaberN3Kernel_9.5
Radio - UVUBMI7 (stock)
Recovery - TWRP v2.6.3.8
Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250)(spare),N1(spare),Raphael(RIP),HTC Hermes(RIP), HTC Wizard(RIP)
 
gn00my
Old
#492  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 308
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Zutphen
Updated again today, getting better and better!:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
imfloflo
Old
#493  
imfloflo's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Posts: 2,985
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Guyancourt/Clermont-Ferrand, France

 
DONATE TO ME
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skank...32012-1359.zip

* Boot animation: Custom made by @rascarlo
* FileManager / CMStats
* Mms: SMS templates using gestures
* Tuna: Update kernel to 3.0.16 / Allow louder output on speaker
* Dev Tools: New Icon
* Vendor: add camera effects videos
* Browser: Open in incognito tab on link longpress
* Framework: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file
* MediaScanner: Improve scanning for devices with emmc
* MediaScanner: Don't delete entries of secondary storage on shutdown
* Settings: Begin integrating CMParts into Settings app
* Trebuchet: Workspace: Zoom In/Out Transition

*** Temporarily supported until merged into Settings app ***
* CMSettings
* Notification power widget: Add LTE toggle
* CMSettings: Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
* CMSettings: Onscreen controls customization
Nexus 5 (CM11 Euroskank)
XDA-developers Senior Moderator - Twitter.com ImFloFlo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imfloflo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
josteink
Old
#494  
josteink's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1438
Posts: 2,231
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfloflo View Post
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skank...32012-1359.zip

* Boot animation: Custom made by @rascarlo
* FileManager / CMStats
* Mms: SMS templates using gestures
* Tuna: Update kernel to 3.0.16 / Allow louder output on speaker
* Dev Tools: New Icon
* Vendor: add camera effects videos
* Browser: Open in incognito tab on link longpress
* Framework: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file
* MediaScanner: Improve scanning for devices with emmc
* MediaScanner: Don't delete entries of secondary storage on shutdown
* Settings: Begin integrating CMParts into Settings app
* Trebuchet: Workspace: Zoom In/Out Transition

*** Temporarily supported until merged into Settings app ***
* CMSettings
* Notification power widget: Add LTE toggle
* CMSettings: Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
* CMSettings: Onscreen controls customization
Had to clear trebuchet data after flashing, but apart from that it seems solid

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Enhanche your Android with sleeping kitties! Optionally restrain your device with the Android Straitjacket.

HTC One LTE - Unlocked, S-OFF with Google edition firmware
Nexus 7 (2013) "Razor" - Stock
 
rickh925
Old
#495  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 195
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, FL
Just getting started on this ROM and have noticed something since coming over from stock 4.0.2 while on the corporate "guest" wifi network at work. I have my GN and my personal laptop connected to this guest network and when Google Chrome is open with my gmail running, it gets emails throughout the day. When I look at my phone, while on the same wifi network, it is sporadic in whether it gets email or not. If I notice that my phone has not received email in a while, I can turn off wifi on the phone and it hops onto HSPA and bam, all the email comes in immediately.

Google voice on the phone never gets email at work on wifi but again, my laptop does.

I am not sure if there is any packet filtering going on or what but just wanted to see if anyone else has had any problems syncing google services over wifi.

What I've done so far:
  1. Wipe Factory Reset.
  2. Install CM9 Kang 4.0.3 build from 1/23.
  3. Add Google accounts manually.
  4. After problems were noticed, I cleared gmail application data. No change.

What I still need to try:
  1. My old N1 on the corporate guest wifi network.
  2. My GN on wifi at home.
Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T)
ROM - Jedi Elite v5
KERNEL - 3.4.71 SaberN3Kernel_9.5
Radio - UVUBMI7 (stock)
Recovery - TWRP v2.6.3.8
Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250)(spare),N1(spare),Raphael(RIP),HTC Hermes(RIP), HTC Wizard(RIP)
The Following User Says Thank You to rickh925 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dyndragon
Old
#496  
dyndragon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 663
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

 
DONATE TO ME
Does anyone else find that the lockscreen controls for Google Music don't work, or is it just me?
--Hans
Current: HTC One on CM10.1 , Nexus 7 on CM10.1
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S II (T-mobile SGH-T989), T-mobile G2 (CM7), Nexus One (CM7), Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM on CM10, Nexus 4 on CM10.1

https://plus.google.com/+HansHong
 
Carne_Asada_Fries
Old
#497  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 192
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyndragon View Post
Does anyone else find that the lockscreen controls for Google Music don't work, or is it just me?
Working fine for me on the latest kang.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
josteink
Old
#498  
josteink's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1438
Posts: 2,231
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh925 View Post
Just getting started on this ROM and have noticed something since coming over from stock 4.0.2 while on the corporate "guest" wifi network at work. I have my GN and my personal laptop connected to this guest network and when Google Chrome is open with my gmail running, it gets emails throughout the day. When I look at my phone, while on the same wifi network, it is sporadic in whether it gets email or not. If I notice that my phone has not received email in a while, I can turn off wifi on the phone and it hops onto HSPA and bam, all the email comes in immediately.

Google voice on the phone never gets email at work on wifi but again, my laptop does.

I am not sure if there is any packet filtering going on or what but just wanted to see if anyone else has had any problems syncing google services over wifi.

What I've done so far:
  1. Wipe Factory Reset.
  2. Install CM9 Kang 4.0.3 build from 1/23.
  3. Add Google accounts manually.
  4. After problems were noticed, I cleared gmail application data. No change.

What I still need to try:
  1. My old N1 on the corporate guest wifi network.
  2. My GN on wifi at home.
I have the same issues. Logs will probably show that your work network filters xmpp which Android/Google relies on for push.

Gmail web etc uses normal http, which should be Unfiltered.

You can force refresh on your Androids gmail client and you should get new mail.

Installing the windows (not web) gtalk client (which also relies on xmpp) on your laptop will probably lead to the same issues or even failure to sign in.

At work I need to use proxies to make it work.

These are network issues and NOT Android issues.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Enhanche your Android with sleeping kitties! Optionally restrain your device with the Android Straitjacket.

HTC One LTE - Unlocked, S-OFF with Google edition firmware
Nexus 7 (2013) "Razor" - Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
qsec
Old
#499  
qsec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 912
Join Date: Apr 2010
What is the difference of this Kang and Codeworkx CM9 build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
afilopou
Old
#500  
afilopou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 495
Posts: 1,672
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsec View Post
What is the difference of this Kang and Codeworkx CM9 build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I see different kernel version 3.0.16(fits) vs 3.0.17(codeworkx) , cm settings and modified speaker volume(codeworkx)

The Following User Says Thank You to afilopou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes