Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][5.0.2/LRX22G][AOSP][LINARO/OPTIMIZED] FML: Fork My Life (2015/01/08)

OP MWisBest

Announcement from MWisBest: Try the Camera, I hear it's yummy.
26th January 2015, 11:16 PM   |  #2731  
Flag Palagonia
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydognet

Not much activity or conversations happening here. Just curious if people are just really happy with the current setup (I've been using it for a couple of weeks and like it) or are people trying one or more of the other LP ROMs?

LDN

I'm on 4.4 at the moment.
27th January 2015, 07:22 AM   |  #2732  
Thanks Meter: 82

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtoo941

Am I the only one who think that one of the coming updates will be just epic and incredible?

yes sure it will be
Quote:

Not much activity or conversations happening here. Just curious if people are just really happy with the current setup (I've been using it for a couple of weeks and like it) or are people trying one or more of the other LP ROMs?
currently MWisbest is busy ,because of that fml seems to be outdated compared to other LP roms and when he push new update this thread become alive again
LDN

27th January 2015, 05:00 PM   |  #2733  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
I found this amazing Lollipop Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...stock-t2971379
27th January 2015, 05:19 PM   |  #2734  
Flag Pesaro
Thanks Meter: 943

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by girkev

I found this amazing Lollipop Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...stock-t2971379

Even tho that's my ROM, you can't go on other threads publicizing other ROMs..

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freshgiammi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2015, 10:11 AM   |  #2735  
Flag Montreal QC
Thanks Meter: 255

869 posts
More
Quote:

LDN

My gnex is my spare device. I currently have a gs5 since I can have lolipop touchwiz (xtrestolite) rom on it my gnex stay on my desk

Sent from my touchwiz lolipop SM-G900W8
28th January 2015, 10:47 AM   |  #2736  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshgiammi

Even tho that's my ROM, you can't go on other threads publicizing other ROMs..

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm sorry.
Yesterday, 09:14 PM   |  #2737  
OP Senior Member
Flag Green Bay, WI
Thanks Meter: 4,385

817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here's an update on how things are going!
I have been very busy with work and college; those have to come before things like FML. It's certainly not fair to my umm.. employer, if I'm not giving all the focus and time I can on my work, and it's not fair to me if I don't do the best I can in school. However, it's also not fair for me to not take a little break from these things and do fun stuff like working on FML! It's hard to find a balance, and last semester in school I slipped up a bit when I worked on the whole updated GPU drivers thing and the initial Lollipop builds; my grades were still good, but I know I can do better than I did, so I'm trying to avoid a repeat of that this semester (which means FML work is slowing down, as you may have noticed).

Last week I had a hard drive failure; thankfully, because of all the kind donations I've received from so many people which has helped cover some of my college costs (as well as gasoline dropping to less than $2.00 a gallon!), I had just enough money stashed away to splurge a bit on a replacement: a 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD. After some difficulties with installing Windows (which involved me screaming at my laptop a bit), I've got Linux and the majority of my Android dev stuff up and running. Thanks to the SSD, Android compiles two times faster now, which means I'll have more time to spend on FML.
Thank you to EVERYBODY who has donated to me!

Here's a little list of some of the changes that should be in the next FML build:
- More improvements to the camera:
--- Enhanced stability and some minor bug fixes.
--- Fixed Flashlight toggle ( thanks to @stargo ).
--- Proper calibration data used ( should fix color and white balance issues, thanks to @Ziyan )
- Kernel improvements:
--- Synced up with some updates from @Ziyan, the most important of which will let @bsmitty83 build just one kernel now.
--- Added screen color control finally.
--- Fixed an issue that may have prevented the compiler from optimizing things better.
- Removed charging LED, as it is annoying without being able to configure it in the settings properly.

If you have any questions that other users haven't been able to answer, please mention me with "@MWisBest" in your post!
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:58 AM   |  #2738  
Thanks Meter: 31

107 posts
Great to hear MWisBest......We appreciate the work you put into this ROM and how you're able to balance your work/school with the FML development. Look forward to any upcoming releases.

On a side note, I've had a strange thing happen to me on FML (not that I'm blaming FML in anyway). I'm also currently using the R7 kernel. I've had a few random reboots here and there, but a couple of times after restarting, the phone does not see any WiFi connections. The only way I've fixed it is to restore my phone from a backup within TWRP.

Has anyone heard or experienced something this before? I have no problem with a reboot every once in a while, but it is a pain in the butt to drop the WiFi like that and having to perform a restore to get it back.

Thanks to anyone who might have a suggestion (sorry if this has been discussed before and I didn't see it).

LDN

The Following User Says Thank You to lazydognet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.0, aosp, linaro, maguro, omnirom, optimized
Previous Thread Next Thread