[ROM][5.0.2/LRX22G][AOSP][LINARO/OPTIMIZED] FML: Fork My Life (2015/01/08)

Search This thread

Djalaal

Sep 14, 2012
Just take a look at his github account, he's been working a lot lately, but there are no new builds here to download....
Just wait :)

Knowing that only makes it difficult to wait, lol. You know there's much stuff going on "behind the scenes", but you can't get your hands on it.
I do appreciate the devs' hard work on LP ROMs for the GNex; my phone has never been better. I just wish we could first have a build where everything works, before having to wait a long time for the next upgrade.

Btw, was flashlight toggle and offline charging fixed in the latest build? I forgot, since it has been a while since I've tried this ROM.

killchain

Oct 6, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Knowing that only makes it difficult to wait, lol. You know there's much stuff going on "behind the scenes", but you can't get your hands on it.
I do appreciate the devs' hard work on LP ROMs for the GNex; my phone has never been better. I just wish we could first have a build where everything works, before having to wait a long time for the next upgrade.

Btw, was flashlight toggle and offline charging fixed in the latest build? I forgot, since it has been a while since I've tried this ROM.

Using the build from 11/3 - offline charging works, flashlight toggle doesn't.

Reactions: Djalaal

erk1725

Oct 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
Bump......
@MWisBest hope life is going well for you! Havent seen or heard much from you lately.....Ive been checking your github from time to time and although most of it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it seems like you have some good stuff going on there! How is everything working on your end?

Thank you for all that you do for us......take care:good:

Lithum

May 27, 2010
Good day.
Thank you for all your work, first of all.
I'm sorry for maybe being not first one to ask, but my search-fu is weak. I flashed LP rom and it looks very nice and friendly, but it SOOOO slow.... Unlocking takes about 4-5 seconds, incoming call lights screen in same time, swipe screens - 1-3, launch app - 1-5, browser blinks rapidly, system kills every proces that not on screen right now. Never acquired such problems in any rom, including your KK. What could be a problem? People here posting that it fast and smooth and I'm envy!

saprer

May 28, 2012
Good day.
I'm sorry for maybe being not first one to ask, but my search-fu is weak. I flashed LP rom and it looks very nice and friendly, but it SOOOO slow.... Unlocking takes about 4-5 seconds, incoming call lights screen in same time, swipe screens - 1-3, launch app - 1-5, browser blinks rapidly, system kills every proces that not on screen right now. Never acquired such problems in any rom, including your KK. What could be a problem? People here posting that it fast and smooth and I'm envy!

agree with you

nikodr

Jul 14, 2010
Good day.

Flash btsmitty r16 and apply nephelim settings. Also always clean install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Lithum
Jan 26, 2013
Compilation

DEAR NIWisBest EXIT WHEN WILL A NEW BUILD YOUR LOLLIPOP ROM 5.1.1? Etou WAITING EAGER FOR A COMPILATION STABLE!
THANK YOU AND FOR MY BAD ENGLISH PERDDÃO ..
JACKSON PAULINE

sergialess

Aug 27, 2012
Alcalá de Henares
Hi,
Sorry if this was asked before. Since camera bugs have been fixed... would it be possible to have a KitKat build of Omni like the beta with updated DDK 1.9 drivers, and with the camera stuff fixed?.
That beta is amazing... its performance is really nice, but you can't use the stock camera app (which is a pity).
Thanks!.

MWisBest

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2010
Green Bay, WI
github.com
Hey guys! Long time no see.

So I'm guessing some people are wondering where I've been. What happened was at the end of my last semester at college I failed a couple classes. I screwed up and spent far too much time working on FML. I needed to take some time and reevaluate my priorities and make sure that doesn't happen again.
I had still been doing some work here and there over the summer on the Galaxy Nexus stuff in general for other developers to make use of in their projects, such as:
- Open-source versions of two previously closed-source libs:
-- libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120
-- libsecril-client (joint project with @Ziyan )
- Audio HAL improvements.
- Kernel bugfixes.

In light of recent events (exploits), it seems I should get a new FML build out soon. I'm hoping that'll be ready within the next week.

asheenlevrai

Jun 22, 2013
Hey guys! Long time no see.

So I'm guessing some people are wondering where I've been. What happened was at the end of my last semester at college I failed a couple classes. I screwed up and spent far too much time working on FML. I needed to take some time and reevaluate my priorities and make sure that doesn't happen again.
I had still been doing some work here and there over the summer on the Galaxy Nexus stuff in general for other developers to make use of in their projects, such as:
- Open-source versions of two previously closed-source libs:
-- libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120
-- libsecril-client (joint project with @Ziyan )
- Audio HAL improvements.
- Kernel bugfixes.

In light of recent events (exploits), it seems I should get a new FML build out soon. I'm hoping that'll be ready within the next week.

:eek:
Let me give you a (2 cent) dad advice: School comes first!
Thanks a lot for what you're doing but don't jeopardize your education. I bet no one here would be mad about waiting a couple more month knowing you need to work for your exams.
Anyway, thanks a lot again for your commitment.
Respectfully,
-a-

MWisBest

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2010
Green Bay, WI
github.com
:eek:
Let me give you a (2 cent) dad advice: School comes first!
Thanks a lot for what you're doing but don't jeopardize your education. I bet no one here would be mad about waiting a couple more month knowing you need to work for your exams.
Anyway, thanks a lot again for your commitment.
Respectfully,
-a-
I'm very lucky and I will not have any trouble rebounding from those classes.

My GPA is still above 2.0 (because I did very well in my other classes!) which means financial aid won't be effected.
The financial aid I've received has been enough to cover my tuition and books completely, and enough left over after that for about a tank of gas or so. That means my main expense is transportation. While I was in college this past fall and spring (September to May) I received a great number of donations from the XDA community that when all was said and done probably covered like half of those expenses, which is part of why I ended up spending so much time on FML. This coming year I'll just be taking out a student loan (which I hadn't needed to do yet) to avoid the mess I got myself into last semester.

On top of that, when I retake the two classes I failed the grade I get in them will replace the F, so when I graduate (which may take an extra semester than I had planned now though) my GPA won't get brought down either.

What actually hurt me the most is that I couldn't bear to tell my family I had screwed up. After moping around and being depressed most of the summer, my mother eventually put it together. We met with my academic adviser at the college last month and that's when I got this good news that eventually everything will work itself out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [#Intro]
    Oh, and now there's these Lollipops I'm handing out. They are free as always, and they are very very delicious.

[#Why]

[#Info]

I need people testing and finding bugs if anything is going to be fixed. I might not have the Bluetooth devices you have, I might not use the camera as much as you, I might not use mobile data as much as you; you get the idea. :)
    NOTE: FML is built and tested on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus variant, also known as toro. The GSM Galaxy Nexus variant (the one pertaining to the forum section you're currently in), also known as maguro, is extremely similar in hardware to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, however I'm not able to test these builds personally. There aren't any code changes between builds for toro and maguro so that I know there shouldn't be any huge issues, but things specific to maguro I'll need feedback on to make sure they're working OK.

[#HowTo]

Latest Build
    KitKat/ROM Stable: omni-4.4.4-20140705-maguro-FML.zip (159.07 MB)
    KitKat/TWRP Stable: fml-twrp-2.7.1.0-20140705-maguro.img (8.58 MB)
    KitKat/ROM Beta: omni-4.4.4-20141015-maguro-FML.zip (160.13 MB)
    KitKat/ROM Beta Hotfix: boot.img (4.83MB)
    Hotfix Info: The latest beta had a bug on maguro causing the radio to be a jerk and not work. Flashing this boot.img will resolve that issue. If you'd rather not flash it with fastboot like is normally done for .img files, you can use the Flashify app for it, or you can open up the ROM zip and replace the boot.img in there with the hotfix.
    Lollipop/ROM Beta: FML-AOSP-5.0-20150108-maguro.zip (194.45 MB)

LOLLIPOP INFO:
    USE THESE GAPPS: FML-GApps-5.0.x-20150101-tuna.zip (167.81 MB)
    They are based on PA's GApps, huge thank you to them!
    Known Issues:
    - Camera can be a little touchy, but it generally works.
    - Long SMS messages fail to send, fix is on-the-way though.
    Lollipop Changelogs can be found in the post below!

(KitKat) BETA INFO:
    Beta builds are using updated GPU drivers (and an updated kernel to go with them) courtesy of @Ziyan, as well as being up to date with the latest stuff from OmniROM. NOTE: YOU CANNOT FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL WITH THESE BUILDS.
    Currently broken with the new GPU drivers:
    - Hardware Video Decoding FIXED 2014/10/06
    - Hardware Video Encoding(?) FIXED 2014/10/08
    - Camera (PARTIALLY) FIXED 2014/10/08
    - The stock camera app (as well as Google Camera) has this weird quirk of crashing when pressing the shutter button to take a picture, however many different camera apps on the Play Store (in particular Camera ZOOM FX) work flawlessly. Video recording is generally OK, however I've been getting some reports of the audio and video being a little out of sync, so your mileage may vary...
    See the Changelog post below for..... well..... changelogs.

[#GApps]

Known Issues
    - The screenrecord command does not work directly, however it does work via the Power menu.
    - There can be a slight (noticeable, but not huge) delay when pressing the Recents or Home button.

[#Thanks]

[#Donations]

XDA:DevDB Information
    FML: Fork My Life, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    MWisBest
    Source Code: https://github.com/MWisBest/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-05
    Beta Release Date: 2015-01-08

Created 2014-05-27
    Last Updated 2015-01-08
    New build should be out either Monday or Tuesday. There will be a plethora of fixes and improvements. Sorry about being away from XDA for a while, just been really busy with school and any time I have for FML has been spent on dev stuff rather than the XDA threads!
    I'm feeling terrible. I don't have the energy to update the thread, but the new build is uploaded here:
    FML-AOSP-5.0-20141207-maguro.zip (199.24MB)
    I see some people have already downloaded it...

A new GApps package isn't quite ready yet. I believe PA has a Lollipop GApps package up that may work as-is and would be better than the one I'm currently linking to, so give that a try if you're impatient.
    I also have a new TWRP build on the way as well.

Short changelog on the new build:
    - Superuser is now built-in, no need to flash SuperSU. It's in the Settings app. You may have to enable the "Development Settings" menu to see it...
    - Video playback should be fixed. YouTube in particular seems OK. If you have some weird format you're playing back locally I cannot make any guarantees though.
    - The camera situation has improved and also regressed. The stock camera is back to the point of where it was with the KitKat Beta builds:
    ---- Preview works. Saving photos does not work. Video recording works.
    --- However:
    ---- The camera calibration is a little messed up. Long story, but it'll be fixed soon. So your white balance may look kinda funky, among other things.
    - Audio quality is improved, and 192kHz FLAC files will now play:
    ---- This is possible thanks to a new audio resampler, which doesn't impose the same sample rate restrictions of the stock Android ones.
    ---- It also has far better quality than the stock Android resamplers.
    - Kernel changes:
    ---- Reclaimed 38MB of RAM from the carveout stuff.
    ---- Removed HDMI's framebuffer, saving another ~16MB of RAM. With Lollipop, MHL/HDMI out isn't working with our old hwc, so might as well save some RAM in the mean time.
    ---- Added overclocking support, as well as adjusted the stock frequencies a little.
    I see there have been some bugs discovered with the recent build, so I'm planning on doing a new build fixing what I can and then updating the OP with that build instead. I also have something special planned for the next build as well... for those of you who follow my GitHub, please don't spoil it! It might not be ready in time, but it's coming along quicker than I thought...

I'd like to thank those of who you have been patient waiting for the new build and not asking when it'll be out etc. I do know it's frustrating for you guys when I give a timeframe on when a new build will be ready and I don't deliver though, however lately the pestering for when a new build will be out has gotten out of hand. I'm usually pretty good with handling things like that which would cause most other devs to basically yell and scream at their users... for example, when people report bugs I'm not one to say "logcat or it didn't happen". At least 90% of the bugs reported are something I can reproduce myself! Why the hell should I need the user to get the logcat when I can get one myself? But anyway, I hope those of you who have been pestering for ETAs can be a little more patient from now on.

I'd also like to thank those of you who have donated to me lately. I usually try to send out thank yous to them when I update the FML thread, but I'm sad to admit that lately I've fallen behind with that. My problem is that I like each thank you to be different and not just a copy and paste generic BS sorta thing, but I'm running out of things to say because there have been so many donations since the GPU driver updating and Lollipop release. Before I update the FML thread next, I will be sure that everybody has been thanked personally.
    The donation money has been so helpful lately with me being sick too; I've been able to get food and drinks that are easier for me to digest and keep down.
    Thanks to everyone who helped, I've got my maguro running again :victory::victory: One can't imagine how much I appreciate the help of the community :) so it looks like I'm getting back to the business ;)