FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[ROM][5.0.2/LRX22G][AOSP][LINARO/OPTIMIZED] FML: Fork My Life (2015/01/08)

874 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,183

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from MWisBest: Try the Camera, I hear it's yummy.
25th August 2015, 05:42 PM |#3081  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Awesome to see that FML is still alive for the GN. Glad to hear everything worked out for you MWisBest.
The Following User Says Thank You to GunFishin For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th August 2015, 08:42 PM |#3082  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Green Bay, WI

Donate to Me
More
I need somebody to test something for me!

PLEASE ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU'RE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

I am checking to see if I've fixed the issue of sending long SMS messages, but as far as I know this could crash the RIL entirely. I only have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus ("toro"), not a GSM Galaxy Nexus ("maguro"), hence why I am unable to test this.

You'll need to download this file: libsec-ril.so - Google Drive
Copy it to the following location (keeping the same filename): /vendor/lib/
MAKE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT "libsec-ril.so" FIRST.
You'll need to remount /system as read/write to do all of this.
After verifying that the permissions are set to 644 and the owner and group are set to root, reboot. If you're able to make a connection to the cell towers, try to send a long text message. I'm talking 300+ characters. If it sends successfully, then I fixed this issue.
Make sure you test this on FML only. Other ROMs probably have a different fix for the issue already in place, however my attempt at fixing it would fix the issue for good and does not require patching Android itself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:28 PM |#3083  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWisBest

I need somebody to test something for me!

PLEASE ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU'RE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

I am checking to see if I've fixed the issue of sending long SMS messages, but as far as I know this could crash the RIL entirely. I only have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus ("toro"), not a GSM Galaxy Nexus ("maguro"), hence why I am unable to test this.

You'll need to download this file: libsec-ril.so - Google Drive
Copy it to the following location (keeping the same filename): /vendor/lib/
MAKE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT "libsec-ril.so" FIRST.
You'll need to remount /system as read/write to do all of this.
After verifying that the permissions are set to 644 and the owner and group are set to root, reboot. If you're able to make a connection to the cell towers, try to send a long text message. I'm talking 300+ characters. If it sends successfully, then I fixed this issue.
Make sure you test this on FML only. Other ROMs probably have a different fix for the issue already in place, however my attempt at fixing it would fix the issue for good and does not require patching Android itself.

Tested on maguro. O2 network, Germany. It has worked. With about 600 characters. I hope this test result helps.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girkev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:12 PM |#3084  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Green Bay, WI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by girkev

Tested on maguro. O2 network, Germany. It has worked. With about 600 characters. I hope this test result helps.

Good to hear, however I did get a PM saying that for one person, the message looked to them like it didn't send, but yet the other person did receive it. At least I know it hasn't made anything worse, so I can include it in the next build to get some more testing of it!
EDIT: That person sent another PM saying it's working good now, must've been something else. I'll consider this fixed!
Last edited by MWisBest; Yesterday at 10:41 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.0, aosp, linaro, maguro, omnirom, optimized
Previous Thread Next Thread