Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Tip us?

molesarecoming
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulikid View Post
On 1.9.3 I'm using my "old" beloved Sense4-theme I used on PA ICS and it works like a charm, no problems yet

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2
navbar doesnt hide? well i tried one in tablet mode and my cellphone went to hell. for a second i thought its not coming back.
"I just flash 3/25 and my car broke down after Bluetooth sync...thanks....idiots."

deepayanneogi
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I tried Touchwiz , on applying the theme navabar hide but on reboot it came back . Worked in phone and Tab mode both .

domeniconico
Old
Thanks Meter 8
installed 1.9.3 everything perfect, and as version 1.9.1 has the same problem, wifi active and always shows active data even though I have activated data, only Wifi
Release 1.9.3 no download .abbandoned o resolv problem and after work perfect return dawnlod
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Thyrus
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,237
Using 1.9.3 and all themes work. Some require a reboot or switching to Phone UI before applying but I can confirm if you know what you are doing it all works as it should.

My themes on Google Play

gautam_nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
just a little short temper right now,

please, educate yourself about the way of the mod scene. this rom bases on cm10. cm10 is a new project and things pass that are not really stable. cm10 has not even alpha stage, there are no nightly builds. so as long as its in that stage it will be rough. the basic aosp features though will (should) all work. phone, wifi, bluetooth, nfc, beam, gps, etc. some of the extras that come with cm can be botched, some things can be dinky. some features can be hellish even, like the theming engine which is a MESS. but do not clutter the thread with this stuff.

second thing, gapps. there is no official gaaps package. what you downloaded from goo is a loosely thrown together hacked package. the dev who made it warns you that it can get you troubles. so if gmail crashes, what do you do? you come here and tell me? nope. you go and delete it and get the old (but official) version from play market. just think, would i be so careless to release a rom that would make gmail crash? for most people the gapps are working, who knows what causes for some, but get it from market and fine.

third, apps are botched in tabUI. big deal, switch them to phoneUI. thats the true beauty of it. in tablet mode as it existed before PA these apps would be gone for good. but why they are crashing or displaying weird? this can have many reasons, maybe the screen is too small, just take photoshop or any windows app and make the window really small, you notice something? things overlap or wont fit. another reason could be its using weird percentual or pixel-fixed layout. another reason could be layouts are left unfinished. google for instance did not finish the tabUI for the dialer and many other apps. but since nexus7 runs JB in phoneUI they just left it like this coz no ones ever gonna notice, or so they thought. whatever happens, switch apps like these to phoneUI and gone are your troubles.

fifth, your phone reboots, crashes, is slow, has no wifi, deepsleeps, etc. consider this stuff to be user fault. this is still clean aosp plus a couple of cyanogenbuttons and toggles and spiced up with hybrid magic. but that wont cause anything like what youre experiencing. you probably didnt fullwipe initially, maybe you used a weird kernel, maybe you ticked "set on boot" in your kernelapp and overclockings jerking with your phone. whatever it is, help me, the developer, by taking at least 15 minutes to find the cause. revert, fullwipe, revert hybrid settings, try this, try that, go back to stock kernel, separate the issue, come up with a solution. i just cant be your nanny for essential things.

in the end, let me tell you that if you have a clean install - you wont get reboots, your phone will be blazing fast, you will have wifi and dataconnection, hybrid will work like a charm. its not wishful thinking, im using the rom by myself - and would not use it if it were otherwise. alright?
thanks moles.. it will be good if you put this in the OP. coz then there will be replies like go 2pages back / go 15 posts back replies.

GNEXc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrus View Post
Using 1.9.3 and all themes work. Some require a reboot or switching to Phone UI before applying but I can confirm if you know what you are doing it all works as it should.
Thyrus, what themes are you using ? And where can I download them which is compatible with AP ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Thyrus
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,237
First of all, my own theme o/c. But I tested with lots of themes -> go to play search for CM10 or AOPK themes, and download/test the free ones.

Before you ask - my own themes are not for download - i just dont have the time to properly support it "publicly" at the moment.

My themes on Google Play

GNEXc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrus View Post
First of all, my own theme o/c. But I tested with lots of themes -> go to play search for CM10 or AOPK themes, and download/test the free ones.

Before you ask - my own themes are not for download - i just dont have the time to properly support it "publicly" at the moment.
Thyrus.. yeah went to the market and installed a few themes. Having quite a blast now.

Guess what, I installed the cobalt free theme and the 1% battery is working now. Woooohoooooo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

joshndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 210
on the basis of peoples replies can i get a link for the 1.9.3 i seen it up this morning but i couldnt downlaod it n now the goodness is gone lol
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Otterbox case couldn't save the first one from a 3 foot fall out of pocket

Thyrus
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,237
OP pulled it and given it is his prerogative to do so - you will need to ask him

My themes on Google Play

Tags
android, halo, hybrid, paranoid, pie