FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(Maguro)- Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB )

5,883 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
By krarvind, Senior Member on 10th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th January 2012, 03:48 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 124
 
Donate to Me
More
Sorry meant that it actually wont install. says installation aborted.
 
 
11th January 2012, 10:58 AM |#12  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsroufe

Sorry meant that it actually wont install. says installation aborted.

can you tell me the exact error details. Thanks

Sent from my Crespo using xda premium
11th January 2012, 11:17 AM |#13  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,213
 
More
Hey, another familiar user around

Some people prefer minimalistic environments.

Greetings
bk201
The Following User Says Thank You to beekay201 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2012, 11:22 AM |#14  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk201doesntexist

Hey, another familiar user around

Some people prefer minimalistic environments.

Greetings
bk201

hey bk, how goes things. still own a SGS or now with GN?
11th January 2012, 11:26 AM |#15  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsroufe

Sorry meant that it actually wont install. says installation aborted.

figured out the problem, it was in my update script on how it was trying to mount system. links updated on the first post. same as this one ( http://www.box.com/s/zf4652eggxpo2i2tjvtc)
11th January 2012, 01:27 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 124
 
Donate to Me
More
Same problem. installation aborted. this is exactly what it says:

Random ofset: Oxdd
assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/boot.img" , boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/Download/Slim_ICS_Maguro_alpha_1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
11th January 2012, 01:52 PM |#17  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsroufe

Same problem. installation aborted. this is exactly what it says:

Random ofset: Oxdd
assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/boot.img" , boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/Download/Slim_ICS_Maguro_alpha_1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Maguro places the boot a new way. It should be fixed now. If you don't want redownload the ROM, you can open up your updater script within the zip file and edit the lines at the end where it says assert(package_extract ( ....
delete "/tmp/boot.img) with
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/boot");

This is the change i made. line after this should unmount system. Please let me know how it goes and thanks for trying.
11th January 2012, 01:54 PM |#18  
nory82688's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsroufe

Sorry meant that it actually wont install. says installation aborted.

Yeah I got the same thing


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
11th January 2012, 02:03 PM |#19  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nory82688

Yeah I got the same thing


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

can you check with the latest update please.
11th January 2012, 06:48 PM |#20  
Nebucatnetzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,805
 
More
Hey ya,

Nice work so far, it boots .

Actually it works quite well the only thing which I found was that the camera isn't working. I attached a logcat for you. I hope it helps. Error is quite at the end. But I thought it's probably a good idea if you have the full logcat. So you can see how the Rom is behaving.

What I've done is:

1. Press the Power Button to wake the device up.
2. Unlock the screen.
3. Press the camera icon. (The camera crashes immediately)
4. Pessed the camera icon again just to be sure.

I reinstalled Email, Exchange, Marketupater, Market and talk if that matters.
I used ES File Explorer to put them into /system/app.

I didn't reinstalled any other apps then the few above.
Attached Files
File Type: zip camera.zip - [Click for QR Code] (33.4 KB, 8 views)
11th January 2012, 07:17 PM |#21  
krarvind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebucatnetzer

Hey ya,

Nice work so far, it boots .

Actually it works quite well the only thing which I found was that the camera isn't working. I attached a logcat for you. I hope it helps. Error is quite at the end. But I thought it's probably a good idea if you have the full logcat. So you can see how the Rom is behaving.

What I've done is:

1. Press the Power Button to wake the device up.
2. Unlock the screen.
3. Press the camera icon. (The camera crashes immediately)
4. Pessed the camera icon again just to be sure.

I reinstalled Email, Exchange, Marketupater, Market and talk if that matters.
I used ES File Explorer to put them into /system/app.

I didn't reinstalled any other apps then the few above.

Can you do me a favour and flash the face unlock zip file and see if camera works. I wonder if it needs lib_comm_jni.so file. Whatever is in the base came from my AOSP build.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes