[ROM] [6.0.1] [10/23/2016] [M4B30X] [Tuna - All Variants]

Search This thread
i tested but CMA still present on DU 7.1.2 :(
I used and tested until
du_tuna-v11.7-20170818-1148-UNOFFICIAL.zip - it was without CMA afaik and it was very stable. But the device is not at my hands now so I cannot retest... (and did not use the September's release).

Another choice are @zeelog 's fine, fast and stable unofficial LOS 14.1 and RR builds, both on Android N, see
http://zeelogkang.blogspot.com

He definitely dropped CMA Support in favor of z-ram for probably better stability.

Last edited:

dontpanic13

Oct 3, 2017
BLE support?

Is BLE supported on this ROM or is there an additional fix that I need to flash? BLE Checker shows that it is enabled, the phone can see the BLE devices but it fails to connect. I can connect to normal Bluetooth devices without any issues.

Thanks

Last edited:

aboaboit

Feb 6, 2016
This is a moderately customized ROM for the Galaxy Nexus based on AOSP 6.0.1.

Maybe I missed the announcement but it seems development has stalled, not entirely unexpectedly since Oreo is now out.

Are there other ROMs that you would recommend, which follow the same philosophy?

Last but not least, thanks for giving us a huge improvement over the last official ROM, it's very much appreciated (especially now that my 5X is dead...)

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
Maybe I missed the announcement but it seems development has stalled, not entirely unexpectedly since Oreo is now out.

Are there other ROMs that you would recommend, which follow the same philosophy?

Last but not least, thanks for giving us a huge improvement over the last official ROM, it's very much appreciated (especially now that my 5X is dead...)

Unlegacy is probably the most cutting edge if that's what you want! Ziyan and Android-Andi are our primary developers right now! https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/development/rom-omap4-aosp-project-t3334574

Reactions: aboaboit

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
I liked the "it just works" quality of this ROM. Is Unlegacy up to that level?

If it just works, you should keep using it, because all the ROMs have bugs, and you'd be lucky to not notice any ;)

I think all the ROMs are based on the same code base as Unlegacy, so they will primarily differ in features. Unlegacy would have the fewest features because it's just AOSP. The other ROMs that Android-Andi maintains would have more features.

Reactions: aboaboit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 6.0.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Introduction

This is a moderately customized ROM for the Galaxy Nexus based on AOSP 6.0.1. It is a unified build that should work on all three variants: toro, maguro and toroplus. Focus is on stability and functionality, with many additional features pulled from other custom ROM projects and some that I have designed myself. My goal was to create a build stable enough for daily use (I still use this as my primary phone) while developing new features that help improve the overall Android experience.

I welcome any and all feedback, including bug reports and feature requests and of course, donations are always very much appreciated!

ROM Features
    • F2FS support for /data and /cache. System must be ext4.
    • LiveDisplay / color adjustment from Cyanogenmod
    • Screen rotation angles
    • Double-tap to sleep / Volume button wake / Wake on plug
    • Notification / Battery light colors
    • More pattern lock sizes : 4x4, 5x5, 6x6
    • Advanced reboot menu (moved to Developer options)
    • Hide ADB notification icon
    • Xposed compatible
    • Specify maximum number of recent apps (ro.config.max_recents)
    • Ability to turn off the display during the boot sequence (via power or volume keys)
    • Expanded Notification Panel width in Landscape Orientation
    • RRO Layers compatible
    • Recents privacy (more info here)
    • Less intrusive notifications sounds
    • Expanded desktop
    • Support for Google WebView package
    • Custom density scaling for display
    • More QS tiles: brightness, screen off, screenshot, volume panel, headsup, NFC, compass, sync,
      USB tether, screen timeout, reboot, battery saver, quick record, LTE toggle (toro, toroplus), caffeine
    • QS quick pulldown
    • Option to disable brightness slider in QS shade / statusbar brightness control
    • Add haptic feedback option to QS tiles
    • Option to turn off dual tiles / show 4 tiles per row

Kernel Features
    • CPU frequency slots: 230-1632Mhz
    • CPU governors: dyninteractive, interactive, ondemand, ondemandplus, powersave, performance, ktoonservative, zzmoove
    • Min Screen On / Max Screen Off
    • I/O scheduler: row, zen, noop, deadline, cfq, sioplus
    • TCP congestion control: cubic, reno, bic, westwood, htcp
    • Fast Charge (with data transfer)
    • GPU Overclock (max 512MHz)
    • IVA Overclock
    • SmartReflex: Core, IVA, MPU
    • SmartReflex: Min calibrated voltages
    • Custom Voltages
    • Custom Regulator Voltages: VAUX3_6030, VAUX1_6030, VMMC, VANA, V2V1, VDAC, VCXIO, VUSIM, VMMC, VUSB
    • Color Settings (gamma offset, color multipliers)
    • Vibrator Intensity
    • Headphone Volume Boost
    • Emergency Battery Reserve (see this post for details)
    • GPU governors (on3demand, activeidle, onoff, userspace)
    • NEW! Contiguous Memory Allocator increases user RAM to 987MB

Instructions

Install / Upgrade:
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps package
    Flash SuperSU (optional)
    Flash Xposed (optional)
    If you are migrating from a different ROM, you must wipe /data!!
    Reboot​

Notes:
    On the first boot after flashing/upgrading, the device will reboot itself once before the boot animation (Google Logo will display twice).

This ROM has been built without DEXPREOPT, so the initial boot will take considerably longer. For this reason, I have made the ability to turn off the screen during the boot sequence to hopefully save some wear and tear on the display.

This ROM uses the older graphics drivers and is therefore incompatible with any third party kernels! Please do not flash any other kernels with this ROM!

Downloads

Latest Build
    zz_android-6.0.1-20161023-tuna.zip

Update 1
    zz_android-6.0.1-20161023-tuna_update1.zip (flash this after flashing 10/23 build).

Changelog: 10/23/2016

Changelog: 10/23/2016 - Update1

Security Status
    SELinux: Permissive
    Android security patch level: October 5, 2016

Google Apps
    http://opengapps.org/

Recommended Apps
    Layers Manager (for theming)
    TouchControl (Custom wake gestures, i.e. dt2w, s2w, etc. Choose "Ponury Stock Modified" kernel module)
    3C Toolbox
    Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
    AZ Screen Recorder - No Root
    Xposed (sdk23)

Bugs
    • Gesture typing doesn't work on stock keyboard but does work on Google Keyboard

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices (honestly, has anyone actually ever bricked a GNexus?), data loss, lack of rhythm and coordination. Please remember to ALWAYS make backups before you flash and if you are changing filesystems on /data, you will lose ALL DATA which includes everything on internal storage and the recovery will NOT give you any warning before it performs this highly destructive act, so just be aware! Thanks and enjoy!

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3390093"]MWisBest[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2633638"]Ziyan[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/Liquidsmooth"]LiquidSmooth[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/slimroms"]SlimRoms[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/omnirom"]omnirom[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.cyanogenmod.org/"]CyanogenMod[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/omap4-aosp"]The OMAP4-AOSP Team
    [/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    ZZ-Tuna: Android 6.x.x for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    zzpianoman
    Source Code: https://github.com/zzpianoman

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-01-19

Created 2016-01-20
    Last Updated 2016-11-05
    **fixed**

NEW BUILD - 03/10/2016:
    zz_android-6.0.1-20160310-tuna.zip

CHANGELOG:

ROM:
    • Android 6.0.1_r17 (MMB29V) Security Patch: March 1, 2016
    • Fixed RIL hangup issue (thanks to @MWisBest)

KERNEL:
    • More reclaimed userspace RAM: 860MB*

NOTES:
    *There will be a momentary black screen immediately following the Google Logo and before the boot animation. This is completely normal so just be patient! Also note that this will happen twice on the first boot after flash as the device configures itself for the appropriate variant.

**It is possible that the Camera may force close the first time it is executed after a reboot. It will work eventually, and this will only happen upon first execution. All subsequent loading should work with no issues!
    I've given up on this ROM; it's not being updated anymore anyway (June security updates for example)

Give [ROM][6.0.1] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13.0 (DDK 1.9) a try.

GPS working, latest security, better battery, and wifi works better. Been very happy with it and giving this old clunky device more life!

Hey, you know who also has not been updating this device? Google. I believe they stopped at 4.3 if I recall correctly. Maybe you should be grateful that there are developers working hard to bring this device as up to date as it has been.

Also, I DO plan on updating this ROM - I have not ceased development at all, so unless you know something I don't about my own projects, maybe leave announcements to the project developer.

Thanks!
    NEW BUILD - 01/24/2016:
    zz_android-6.0.1-20160124-tuna.zip

CHANGELOG:

• Advanced reboot
    • Recents privacy (Security settings)*
    • Recents clear-all button
    • Less intrusive notifications sounds (Sound & notification -> Advanced options)**
    • Expanded desktop (Display settings)***
    • Show app package name in the "App Info" screen
    • Launch app by clicking on its icon in the "App Info" screen
    • Add SuperSU to Settings if present
    • Support for Google WebView package

NOTES:
    *Recents privacy is a feature I developed a while back when I noticed that applications with potentially sensitive information were appearing in the recents stack with no apparent discretion whatsoever, including a screenshot of the Camera app - regardless of whether or not a photo had been taken! This feature allows you to hide the contents of the application thumbnail so that it appears only as a blank card in the stack.

**Less intrusive notifications sounds allows you to reduce the frequency of notifications from apps so that they only come through every xxx seconds.

***Expanded desktop switches the device into immersive mode, hiding either the statusbar, navigation bar, or both. My preferred use for this is to keep the navigation bar hidden to increase screen real estate and help alleviate burn-in.
    ***Fixed***

NEW BUILD - 02/12/2016:
    zz_android-6.0.1-20160212B-tuna.zip

CHANGELOG:

ROM:
    • Android 6.0.1_r16 (MXB48T) Security Patch: February 1, 2016
    • More QS Tiles: brightness, screen off, screenshot, volume panel, headsup, NFC, compass, sync,
      USB tether, screen timeout, reboot, battery saver, quick record*
    • More screen density options
    • Fixed some conflicts between toybox and busybox
    • SystemUI tuner enabled by default
    • Misc. performance improvements

KERNEL:
    • ksm and lowmemorykiller improvements
    • Removed lowmemorykiller whitelist support

NOTES:
    *You can add or remove QS tiles by using M's built-in SystemUI Tuner, which used to be hidden by default, but should now be persistent in the Settings menu directly below "About phone". Activate Quick Record by long-pressing the tile. Short-pressing will play the most recent recording. Recordings are saved to /sdcard/QuickRecord/. File format/encoding is aac, 16kHz mono @ 21kbps. Recording will stop automatically after 1 hour.