New Trickster ROM
New version released with changelog longer from the last and more tricks up its sleeves
Version 1.2 (2012/05/23)
- Now also include chainfire’s su and SuperSU, it will be installed by default unless user has Superuser Elite installed
- Add some essential apps to user apps upon clean installations
- Convert some system apps to user apps (easy removal if you want to) for user installs without wipe
- All included user apps are updated to latest
- Supercharged services.odex to be more multitask friendly (Zeppelinrox)
- Switch kernel to leanKernel 3.7.0 stable (imoseyon)
- Rewritten optimization script to support most if not all kernels and kernel features out there
- Screen state optimization so the ROM enters lower power usage state when standby and in high performance mode when being used, this also fixes screen unlock lag (ch33kybutt)
- Added mobile data build.prop tweaks for faster speed
- Optimization script now writes log to logcat. Use "logcat | grep Trickster" to read log.
- Optimization script config file is now moved to /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf. Read it carefully to change ROM/kernel configs. To apply most options immediately use tricks command from terminal/adb after saving your settings in trickster.conf
Users that are already on Trickster or stock ROM, you can flash this without wipe. Still in case any problem arises (force closes, or some weird behavior), please wipe and reinstall.
This version will dynamically create a config file at /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf based on the kernel you're using. With this file you can change every settings of this ROM and virtually every mod includes in any kernel out there. Read it carefully before trying to apply settings if you're not familiar with Linux shell scripting, with great power comes great responsibility. And remember that at default settings this ROM is already screaming fast and smooth
, so in most cases you don't need to change it.
The next version's gonna take a while as I'm trying to tackle something harder for me, unless google drop another OTA. So for the latter case, we might have a quick update.
And before I forget, I'd like to dedicate my thanks to the beta testers especially diggmc who gave me ideas to deliver a better user experience with this version.
P.S.: If you want to be this ROM beta tester, please contact me via PM.