CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [5.0.2] [EXT4/F2FS] [LINARO] [04/05/2015] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12 [DDK 1.8]

23rd March 2015, 06:50 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 539

484 posts
Donate to Me
More
UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12 for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Introduction
This is an extension of my original project from the Verizon forum built for maguro. Since the only device I own is a toro, I will not be able to personally test cellular data and telephony features, so I will rely on user feedback (at least initially) just to make sure everything works!

I first decided to put together this 5.0 ROM using the old graphics drivers for those of us who wished to try Lollipop, but needed full camera functionality (i.e. barcode scanner apps, or any other app that uses the camera API). At this point, it looks as if the camera has been fixed to work with the newer GPU drivers. I will continue to develop this ROM using the older drivers until all of the major kinks are worked out (both DDK and non-graphics related included) and we have a 100 percent stable release. You are welcome to try my build which does offer some unique features and will continue to be improved upon and synchronized with the CyanogenMod sources.

Please note that you can NOT use any other kernels with this ROM!! I have added a number of additional features to the kernel including custom voltage, fast charge, and color adjustment so hopefully that will satisfy enough for the time being.

I welcome any and all feedback, including bug reports and feature requests. The Galaxy Nexus is my main phone, and this ROM has been stable enough to be my daily driver since I began developing it.

Features Specific to this ROM

- Built with Linaro GCC 4.8 toolchain with O3 optimizations
- F2FS support for /data and /cache. System must be ext4.
- LegacyCamera app included (more stable and lots of features)
- Lower screen brightness during boot sequence (if you wish to disable this, delete or modify etc/init.d/96screendim)
- Adjusted minfrees for better multitasking
- Xposed for Lollipop compatible
- Specify maximum number of recent apps through build.prop key

CyanogenMod Features

- Better AppOps, including the ability to block wakelocks and alarms.
- Status bar mods (brightness control, weather, battery icon style, double-tap to sleep)
- Navigation bar customizations
- Button mods (volume wake, volume cursor)
- Color/Gamma calibration
- Battery light enable/disable
- CyanogenMod DSP
- Scramble for PIN layout on lockscreen
- Advanced reboot menu
- Charging LED ON/OFF
- Theme Manager
- Additional Quick Settings tiles (ADB over network, compass, profiles, NFC, hotspot, AudioFX, screen timeout)
- NEW: Selectable pattern lock grid sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6)
- and more!!!

Kernel Features

- CPU frequency slots: 230-1500Mhz
- CPU governors: dyninteractive, interactive, conservative, ondemand, ondemandplus, userspace, powersave, performance
- Min Screen On / Max Screen Off
- I/O scheduler: row, zen, noop, deadline, cfq
- TCP congestion control: cubic, reno, bic, westwood, htcp
- Fast Charge
- GPU Overclock
- IVA Overclock
- SmartReflex: Core, IVA, MPU
- SmartReflex: Min calibrated voltages
- Custom Voltages
- Custom Regulator Voltages: VAUX3_6030, VAUX1_6030, VMMC, VANA, V2V1, VDAC, VCXIO, VUSIM, VMMC, VUSB
- Color Settings (gamma offset, color multipliers)
- I/O Accounting (see this post for more information).
- Vibrator Intensity
- Headphone Volume Boost
- lowmemorykiller whitelist

Instructions

First flash:
Unlock & install a recovery
Wipe data & cache partitions
Flash CM-12
Install the Google Apps package
Reboot
Upgrade:
Make a backup in recovery
Flash CM-12
Install the Google Apps package
Reboot
If you are using F2FS, boot will hang for a bit longer on the Google Logo before animation starts.

Initial boot will take longer than it does with other 5.0 ROMS because this ROM is deodexed. My main reason for doing it this way is so that I can make modifications to individual framework files without having to flash the entire /system partition. The downside is that the initial boot after a wipe of the dalvik-cache will take marginally longer because it has to rebuild the caches for all of the system apps. If you do this while you still have a full compliment of user apps installed - i.e. after an upgrade, the boot sequence could take a REALLY long time - so be prepared for that. Personally, I feel that this is a small enough inconvenience and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Downloads

Latest Build
cm-12-20150405-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

Changelog: 4/05/2015

Google Apps: [GAPPS][5.0.x][BETA] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS

Recommended Apps
TouchControl (choose "Ponury Stock Modified" kernel module)
3C Toolbox
Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
Ultimate Dynamic Navbar

Tips / Recommendations

The stock/Google Camera app may crash if started in video mode. It takes still photos just fine, but tends to force close every now and then if you switch out of the app while in camcorder mode requiring a system reboot to restore camera functionality. Snapshots taken during video recording are corrupt. I recommend using the Legacy Camera (the one that looks like a real camera) for now, which will also allow you to take perfect still captures while recording video.

Bugs

- charging text stuck on the lockscreen
- camcorder records video with green lines. Best results are with 1080p*
- Google Play Movies & TV will not stream, but if you download the movie first it will play.
- gesture typing doesn't work on stock keyboard but does work on Google Keyboard

*Videos recorded @ 1080p and 720p are now automatically cropped to remove the persistent green band along the width dimension. This can be disabled through build.prop: debug.video.crop_override=0. Please see this post for details.

Disclaimer
Quote:

I'm not responsible for bricked devices (honestly, has anyone actually ever bricked a GNexus?), data loss, lack of rhythm and coordination. Please remember to ALWAYS make backups before you flash and if you are changing filesystems on /data, you will lose ALL DATA which includes everything on internal storage and the recovery will NOT give you any warning before it performs this highly destructive act, so just be aware! Thanks and enjoy!

Thanks To/Credits

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12 (UNOFFICIAL) ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
zzpianoman
Source Code: https://github.com/zzpianoman

ROM OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
Last Updated 2015-04-05
Last edited by zzpianoman; 6th April 2015 at 05:42 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zzpianoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd March 2015, 06:50 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Previous Builds

03/27/2015
03/22/2015
Code:
cm-12-20150322-UNOFFICIAL-maguro.zip

UPDATE: 3/22/2015
This update include a kernel compiled with gcc 4.7 to fix some 
non-booting devices with eMMC bug. Flash this in recovery 
after you flash the ROM. All future builds will include this by default. 
cm-12-20150322_UNOFFICIAL-maguro_update1.zip
Last edited by zzpianoman; 6th April 2015 at 05:37 AM.
23rd March 2015, 06:50 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
23rd March 2015, 07:15 AM |#4  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 347

463 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah!! I was waiting for a CM12 rom based on DDK 1.8 as I wanted my camera to function properly. I'll flash it in a few hours and report back. Thanks!
23rd March 2015, 06:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

72 posts
Don't boot on my VYL00M Maguro :/ Stuck on Google logo and restart :/
23rd March 2015, 07:44 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolazace

Don't boot on my VYL00M Maguro :/ Stuck on Google logo and restart :/

Did you flash any other kernels? This ROM will only work with the included kernel - any other will result in bootloops.
23rd March 2015, 07:56 PM |#7  

72 posts
Nope. Just clean flash this Rom + Gapps. Without Gapps still the same problem :/
Other LP roms works great (CM, FML, AOSP, Zmod, Dreams etc)
23rd March 2015, 08:04 PM |#8  
Flag Canicatti
Thanks Meter: 145

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpianoman

Did you flash any other kernels? This ROM will only work with the included kernel - any other will result in bootloops.

I have the same problem with my kernel ... with the old chip, goes into bootloop, and perhaps the fault of GCC 4.9, I did a build with GCC 4.7 and posted on the forum a while ago, you look news ... let you know, I just news
23rd March 2015, 08:10 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix46

I have the same problem with my kernel ... with the old chip, goes into bootloop, and perhaps the fault of GCC 4.9, I did a build with GCC 4.7 and posted on the forum a while ago, you look news ... let you know, I just news

Ah! That must be it. I'll build the kernel with 4.7 and post a zip. Does this only affect certain maguro devices?
23rd March 2015, 08:18 PM |#10  

72 posts
So when can you upload fix kernel? I would test this CM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread