[Windows][Linux][Mac][One-Click] Root - CWM - Galaxy Nexus 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 -NO WIPE-
I put together a one-click root in CASUAL format. Because it's in CASUAL format, the same Java JAR will work on Windows, Linux and Mac.
This package contains
Download and Instructions
- root your device without unlocking/wiping.
- install busybox without unlocking/wiping.
- install Clockwork Mod Recovery for GSM or CDMA without unlocking/wiping.
CASUAL is easy to use, and fairly self explanitory.
Download Galaxy Nexus Root and Busybox
- Launch the downloaded application using Java with right-click-open, or from a command line: "java -jar GalaxyNexus.jar"
- Select "Galaxy Nexus root"
- Click the "Do It' button
- Optionally: Repeat the previous step with "Install Busybox" option selected to install Busybox.
- Optionally: Select Install Galaxy Nexus CDMA or GSM ClockWork Mod Recovery
Ensure you have Java Installed on your computer. Do you have java?
Shown on Windows 7 with dropdown selected, showing available items:
Shown on Ubuntu 12.04, ready to root a Galaxy Nexus:
I am not responsible if *insert random event here* happens..... standard disclaimer.
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Universal Android Loader. You can find the source at http://android-casual.googlecode.com
Hope this helps! Please leave feedback.
Flash with Odin
. Use JOdin3
, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages
. Add me to your circles on Google Plus