Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Making newer GPU drivers work

Tip us?

samcortez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I am really newbie on it and I readed the whole thread but I wanted to know: you're just putting new GPU drivers on 3.0 kernel, right? Not 3.4 kernel for now, am I right?

matoushybl
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcortez View Post
I am really newbie on it and I readed the whole thread but I wanted to know: you're just putting new GPU drivers on 3.0 kernel, right? Not 3.4 kernel for now, am I right?
Yes, just newer version of the driver. There is a separate thread for 3.4 kernel development.

samcortez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by matoushybl View Post
Yes, just newer version of the driver. There is a separate thread for 3.4 kernel development.
Thanks

I hope someday I'll be helping the devs. First I need to learn Java, C, Android and all of these stuff. But I will, I will.

ILA
Old
(Last edited by ILA; 6th July 2014 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Yes, he "just" updated the GPU drivers for the 3.0 kernel... The man added over a 1000!!! commits to the kernel. My eyes would pop out if I did that... Huge respect for the dev and also everyone that helped him out!
Don't be shy to hit that "Thanks" button!
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Previous device: HTC Desire HD (Still not letting it go )
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ILA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ziyan
Old
(Last edited by Ziyan; 7th July 2014 at 10:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
From that 1000 commits, only a small portion are for the GPU drivers - the rest are OMAP updates. Kernels have two separate parts: the general kernel code, and the platform specific code (OMAP code in this case). Well, it was like the OMAP code was still on 2.6 for us.

We've got proximity fixed, and if everything goes right, camera will be working soon
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thagringo
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA View Post
Yes, he "just" updated the GPU drivers for the 3.0 kernel... The man added over a 1000!!! commits to the kernel. My eyes would pop out if I did that... Huge respect for the dev and also everyone that helped him out!
fully agree, havent done any porting stuff myself but only thinking about it gives me a severe headache already.
Kudos Ziyan and everyone that helps with this nightmare !!

cheers guys !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thagringo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darklife1337
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziyan View Post
From that 1000 commits, only a small portion are for the GPU drivers - the rest are OMAP updates. Kernels have two separate parts: the general kernel code, and the platform specific code (OMAP code in this case). Well, it was like the OMAP code was still on 2.6 for us.

We've got proximity fixed, and if everything goes right, camera will be working soon
just an hug for you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darklife1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samcortez
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziyan View Post

Thank you, I hope you didn't get me wrong when I said "just", I didn't mean to say that it isn't a hard work or anything alike.

Btw, thanks a lot to explain it to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samcortez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ziyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 409

DONATE TO ME
Here's a test version: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rsion-t2814977

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]