Making newer GPU drivers work

OP Ziyan

22nd October 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #71  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lugo
Thanks Meter: 510

1,253 posts
More
Android 5.0 will be released on 3rh november via ota and in the next few days will be released AOSP version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
24th October 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #72  
Flag Green Bay, WI
Thanks Meter: 4,014

786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markitosd

When listening to music there seems to be a stutter seconds after locking the screen. Is that due to drivers, kernel, rom? I've tried several combinations of roms and kernels and the problem is still there. Any idea? I'm using Apollo and Play Music, and I'm having the issue with both.

The issue is, at least mostly, audio HAL related. The deep buffer path behaves differently for screen on and screen off. Screen off is... more relaxed, and basically says "we don't give a **** about latency if the screen is off, let the CPU take its time to save power". Which makes perfect sense, a delay is only going to be noticeable if you're interacting with something on the screen.
This might be fixable by making the difference between screen on and screen off smaller. I'll look into it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #73  
Flag Reconquista
Thanks Meter: 5

42 posts
More
@MWisBest Great explanation, good luck finding a solution for this! Thanks for everything you are doing for the GNex
The Following User Says Thank You to markitosd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #74  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 27

231 posts
More
i've readed there and here and see that the galaxy nexus just "slow" their vital signs to save power, if anyone could include and exception for audio processor maybe the problem will be gone, im not joking anyone, i know here are too much intelligent ppl but maybe focusing in this way make the audio works better with screen off, making an exception to slow everything except audio DSP
18th November 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 1,929

2,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santi1993

i've readed there and here and see that the galaxy nexus just "slow" their vital signs to save power, if anyone could include and exception for audio processor maybe the problem will be gone, im not joking anyone, i know here are too much intelligent ppl but maybe focusing in this way make the audio works better with screen off, making an exception to slow everything except audio DSP

IT have some Tesla DSP-s for omap , but we think our board dont have it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread