Making newer GPU drivers work

OP Ziyan

22nd October 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #71  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lugo
Thanks Meter: 513

1,266 posts
More
Android 5.0 will be released on 3rh november via ota and in the next few days will be released AOSP version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
24th October 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #72  
Recognized Developer
Flag Green Bay, WI
Thanks Meter: 4,440

822 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markitosd

When listening to music there seems to be a stutter seconds after locking the screen. Is that due to drivers, kernel, rom? I've tried several combinations of roms and kernels and the problem is still there. Any idea? I'm using Apollo and Play Music, and I'm having the issue with both.

The issue is, at least mostly, audio HAL related. The deep buffer path behaves differently for screen on and screen off. Screen off is... more relaxed, and basically says "we don't give a **** about latency if the screen is off, let the CPU take its time to save power". Which makes perfect sense, a delay is only going to be noticeable if you're interacting with something on the screen.
This might be fixable by making the difference between screen on and screen off smaller. I'll look into it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MWisBest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #73  
Flag Reconquista
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
@MWisBest Great explanation, good luck finding a solution for this! Thanks for everything you are doing for the GNex
The Following User Says Thank You to markitosd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #74  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 38

275 posts
More
i've readed there and here and see that the galaxy nexus just "slow" their vital signs to save power, if anyone could include and exception for audio processor maybe the problem will be gone, im not joking anyone, i know here are too much intelligent ppl but maybe focusing in this way make the audio works better with screen off, making an exception to slow everything except audio DSP
18th November 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 2,066

2,713 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santi1993

i've readed there and here and see that the galaxy nexus just "slow" their vital signs to save power, if anyone could include and exception for audio processor maybe the problem will be gone, im not joking anyone, i know here are too much intelligent ppl but maybe focusing in this way make the audio works better with screen off, making an exception to slow everything except audio DSP

IT have some Tesla DSP-s for omap , but we think our board dont have it
9th February 2015, 09:32 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 140

86 posts
More
Hey guys,
I've been trying to switch to Hashcode's OMAP4-next repo.
Build finishes successfully, but I can't get one booting.
First builds were stuck at google's logo since pvrsinit bin was missing, now surfaceflinger can't locate composer file, so there's no video output.
Here's an extract from the logcat:

Code:
[...]
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
D/libEGL  (  669): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL  (  669): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
D/libEGL  (  669): loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX540_120.so
I/ti_hwc  (  669): Expecting h/w vsync for tuna
E/ti_hwc  (  669): failed to open hdmi fb (2)
E/SurfaceFlinger(  669): composer device failed to initialize (No such file or directory)
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): Using composer version 0.0
W/SurfaceFlinger(  669): no suitable EGLConfig found, trying a simpler query
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): EGL information:
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): vendor    : Android
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): version   : 1.4 Android META-EGL
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): extensions: EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_ANDROID_presentation_time EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer EGL_ANDROID_recordable 
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): Client API: OpenGL_ES
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): EGLSurface: 8-8-8-8, config=0x2
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): OpenGL ES informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): vendor    : Imagination Technologies
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): renderer  : PowerVR SGX 540
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): version   : OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): extensions: GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_egl_sync GL_IMG_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_texture_2D_limited_npot
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 2048
I/SurfaceFlinger(  669): GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 2048
I/dex2oat (  253): Explicit concurrent mark sweep GC freed 43706(6MB) AllocSpace objects, 0(0B) LOS objects, 14% free, 23MB/27MB, paused 457us total 1.158s
E/cutils-trace(  669): Error opening trace file: Permission denied (13)
D/SurfaceFlinger(  669): Set power mode=2, type=0 flinger=0x40662000
F/libc    (  669): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 669 (surfaceflinger)
A\B comparison shows no missing files in /system dir (no more, lol).
The only difference from builds made with MWisBest and Ziyan's Franken-domx is that hwcomposer.*.so and camera.*.so libs have different names (omap4 instead of tuna), but this looks legit to me. (*)
Any hint?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Ok, after some digging in hardware/libhardware/hardware.c I think I found what's wrong. I'll let you know.
EDIT2: Meh, I made a few more attempts and set SELinux policy to permissive. (*) ro.board.platform is set to omap4, so hwc_open_1() should be able to load these modules.
I'm out of ideas now.

EDIT 3: Another final is gone and I've got a few hours to spend on this. I think I need do start to try easy solutions first. It's working fine now, I'm going to make a new clean build and test what's working (camera, sensors...).
Last edited by theBlackEnd; 12th February 2015 at 05:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to theBlackEnd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread