Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,869 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(possible WIFI Fix) Let's try to figure out why WiFi stops auto scanning

Tip us?

blackhand1001
Old
(Last edited by blackhand1001; 11th October 2013 at 09:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
Default (possible WIFI Fix) Let's try to figure out why WiFi stops auto scanning

As many of you know, since the 4.3 update, WiFi on the galaxy nexus stops automatically scanning after going into deep sleep. The only way to get it to scan again is to go into the WiFi menu or toggle it on and off. Let's try to find which change in 4.3 broke this on the galaxy nexus. It works fine on both nexus 7s. Its also not related to any particular router as the issue is the phone doesn't scan for WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Edit:

I think I may have found something. In /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf
Theres a line:
disable_scan_offload=1 (has to do with allowing scanning to be offloaded to the driver)

This line didn't exist in 4.2.2. Change it to 0 and reboot and see if your wifi scanning doesn't stop working after a while.

I just ran an errand and it connected perfect when I got home which is usually when it stops working.
Current: VZW Moto X Dev Edition
Extra (previous): Galaxy Nexus LTE - CM10.2
Droid Incredible AMOLED - CM7.2
Father: HTC Rezound - Stock Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhand1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andQlimax
Old
(Last edited by andQlimax; 6th September 2013 at 07:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 840

DONATE TO ME
I don't understand how Google do the tests..

They do testing ya?? I really have doubts

There are lots of network bugs to me, since years.. Like wifi drop with screen off in some conditions.. I can't accept that

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer

blackhand1001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
Does anyone know the commit in aosp that added the always on wifi scanning for 4.3. I bet reverting it to the 4.2.2 behavior would get us working scanning. What good is always on scanning even when wifis off if it doesn't even work.

blackhand1001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
I think I may have found something. In /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf
Theres a line:
disable_scan_offload=1 (has to do with allowing scanning to be offloaded to the driver)

This line didn't exist in 4.2.2. Change it to 0 and reboot and see if your wifi scanning doesn't stop working after a while.

I just ran an errand and it connected perfect when I got home which is usually when it stops working.

Ed V
Old
Thanks Meter 97
You keep us informed, yes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy Nexus + VANIR ROM + NexusLouder MOD

Nexus 7 FLO (2013) + Back To Stock 4.4.2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thumm138
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Gave this a try but still no luck.