Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,060 Members 51,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.0.4 Camera Improvements are noticeable

Tip us?

MatAuc12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Default 4.0.4 Camera Improvements are noticeable

Hey,

I know this is not a huge thread or the most useful ever, but i didn't wanna swarm threads with potentially irrelevant info.

But anyways, the camera improvements are great. You used to have your frame focused and the shutter came too long after the focus so you often had blurry pictures. Now you actually notice that it refocuses at the exact moment of the shutter (obviously "exact moment" is somewhat an expression). That alone improves the quality by a ton and most likely what they refer to when saying they fixed "stabjlity".

So after you flash to 4.0.4 don't fear to use your camera anymore!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MatAuc12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eRajesh
Old
Thanks Meter 172
I assume all the camera quality improvements will be present in the latest CM9 nightly based on Android 4.0.4 as well?

spencer88
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatAuc12 View Post
Hey,

I know this is not a huge thread or the most useful ever, but i didn't wanna swarm threads with potentially irrelevant info.

But anyways, the camera improvements are great. You used to have your frame focused and the shutter came too long after the focus so you often had blurry pictures. Now you actually notice that it refocuses at the exact moment of the shutter (obviously "exact moment" is somewhat an expression). That alone improves the quality by a ton and most likely what they refer to when saying they fixed "stabjlity".

So after you flash to 4.0.4 don't fear to use your camera anymore!
Thanks for this. I wonder if there's anything in the update that'll improve the graininess of the pics.
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.

MatAuc12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
I assume all the camera quality improvements will be present in the latest CM9 nightly based on Android 4.0.4 as well?
I use AOKP 29, and any AOSP based 4.0.4 should have similar core improvements. So yes, your assumption is right

MatAuc12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer88 View Post
Thanks for this. I wonder if there's anything in the update that'll improve the graininess of the pics.
The graininess does also seem to have major improvements. Overall the quality is A1. I dont wanna risk it and say its like iphone pictures but it sure as hell is one step closer.

eman3316@optonline.net
Old
Thanks Meter 1,317
This just got me excited...I use my camera a lot. I was going to hold off on upgrading to AOKP 4.0.4 build until they added everything back in but maybe I will make the jump quicker. Post some bad lit pictures up in the picture thread please and specify it is on 4.0.4 please. I am sure a lot of people would be interested to see these...

juliano_q
Old
Thanks Meter 80
wow, the camera is muuuch better. is like they discovered how to focus propertly

zapek666
Old
Thanks Meter 36
The yellowish issue when using the flash seems to be gone too.
Released software:
- AutoConnect [free eval] (automatic wifi on/off)
- stuntzurl (Internet Explorer's favorite handler)
- GVApp (Geneva Airport's official application)
- I'm sleeping (puts your device to silent mode automatically) - now FREE and no ads, try it!

MatAuc12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
After testing further I have to say my only complaint is that the shutter speed is not constant, as in sometimes it will take the picture instantly and sometimes it will lag a little (not because of focus)

matt30
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I still wish there was a way to batch delete photos.