Post Reply

4.0.4 IMM76I OTA rolling out NOW - Fixes signal drops! (OTA link inside)

OP bilalakhtar

21st April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Not able to flash this update... here is the error log from CWM... Anyone help?

Installing: /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
I:using /data/media, no /sdcard found.
Opening update package...
Installing update...
installing samsung updater extensions
Verifying current system...
file "/system/build.prop" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop", "b0cd51bb45cd47b4822101841a15b76b83f197a8", "c47a6508986e87bdd807aabc2418c1399735e34e")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop", "b0cd51bb45cd47b4822101841a15b76b83f197a8", "c47a6508986e87bdd807aabc2418c1399735e34e")
E:Error in /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
21st April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #52  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,095
 
9,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swint

I have a problem. I cant update the OTA. I get always error. Is it because i run franco kernel? And where i can get the stock one? Thanky for your help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Yes, your kernel needs to be stock IMM76D. Go here, download the yakju IMM76D factory image, extract the boot.img file from within, and flash it to your device in fastboot mode.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishko

Not able to flash this update... here is the error log from CWM... Anyone help?

Installing: /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
I:using /data/media, no /sdcard found.
Opening update package...
Installing update...
installing samsung updater extensions
Verifying current system...
file "/system/build.prop" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop", "b0cd51bb45cd47b4822101841a15b76b83f197a8", "c47a6508986e87bdd807aabc2418c1399735e34e")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop", "b0cd51bb45cd47b4822101841a15b76b83f197a8", "c47a6508986e87bdd807aabc2418c1399735e34e")
E:Error in /sdcard/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3 .zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Your build.prop file is not stock. Either you modified it, or one of your root apps modified it. You need to extract the build.prop file from the IMM76D system.img file. Instructions can be found here.
21st April 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #53  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,095
 
9,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
I've attached the stock IMM76D build.prop for those who need it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMM76Dbuildprop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 458 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #54  
OP Member
Flag Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 79
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I've updated the OP, and explicitly clarified that the update zip works only on stock IMM76D with stock kernel.
21st April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #55  
The Gingerbread Man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,901
 
8,016 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalakhtar

I've updated the OP, and explicitly clarified that the update zip works only on stock IMM76D with stock kernel.

Not just stock kernel but all of the stock /system files and apps need to be unmodified. Apps can be added in but not altered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #56  
OP Member
Flag Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 79
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man

Not just stock kernel but all of the stock /system files and apps need to be unmodified. Apps can be added in but not altered

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I guess people can assume that with "Stock 4.0.4 ROM", but anyway, I'll clarify that too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilalakhtar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Now I have OTA update to IMM76I
21st April 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Puh 186mb download size... Doesnt someone had the boot.img file to upload? And i only have to flash the boot.img file in cwm or how? Thanks btw for the answer!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st April 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #59  
iGoogleNexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 277
 
1,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

You are probably using an outdated su binary. Update it via the Superuser app if you can, otherwise, you will need to flash this in CWM.

Ok so here's the thing... I'm able to flash via recovery but I can't via Rom Manager lol

- Google Galaxy Nexus
21st April 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #60  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,095
 
9,544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swint

Puh 186mb download size... Doesnt someone had the boot.img file to upload? And i only have to flash the boot.img file in cwm or how? Thanks btw for the answer!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've attached the IMM76D boot image (extract image from zip and flash using fastboot).
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMM76Dboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.05 MB, 76 views)
Last edited by efrant; 21st April 2012 at 07:42 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, ota, update
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus General by ThreadRank