Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.0.4 OTA Officially Rolling Out Now (GSM-Yakju Only) Link Inside!

Tip us?

Treggs
Old
(Last edited by Treggs; 29th March 2012 at 06:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
So you guys are saying a rooted and unlocked (but otherwise standard) yakju Nexus wont get the OTA update? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nexus?

Will relocking my bootloader make a difference? I'm not giving up root, I'll wait and install manually if I have to do that.

Fatelord
Old
Thanks Meter 13
BTW my phone is unlocked and rooted but on stock ROM.. will get the OTA update ?

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treggs View Post
So you guys are saying a rooted and unlocked yakju Nexus wont get the OTA update? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nexus?

Will relocking my bootloader make a difference? I'm not giving up root, I'll wait and install manually if I have to do that.
If your on yaku I'm pretty sure you will get even if your unlocked

Sent Telepathically
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ijeff
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatelord View Post
BTW my phone is unlocked and rooted but on stock ROM.. will get the OTA update ?
If you're rooted you may want to just go ahead and install the AOSP compiled version over here.

nickzkcin
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift spunk View Post
This is official OTA update for GSM only. your phone needs to be completely stock to update OTA, if you have a unlocked bootlaoader and rooted then you'll have to wait for a flashable update zip if on a stock rom. if you are on a custom rom then i suppose flash to stock and apply the update and revert back with no root and bootloader for OTA
what if the bootloader is unlocked but not rooted? i unlocked the bootloader to get yakju, will i have to relock it?

bmett
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextroz View Post
Oh - what irony - it's officially released for the GSM version but clearly no one has it here as yet whereas while the unofficial 4.0.4 leak for Verizon LTE version is already available to flash on XDA!

You ****ed up Google - as always (lately).
quit bitching and shut up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Treggs
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post
If your on yaku I'm pretty sure you will get even if your unlocked

Sent Telepathically
Cool. I don't mind if I have to reroot after the update but getting the OTA and not having to do a wipe will be the easiest option for me (and the half dozen people I know that bought a GN and rely on me for tech support...)

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 451
At last the update is rolling out maybe google heard me bitching to my mate about the lack of updates!
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
Sony Ericsson T28s, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6100, Samsung V200, Samsung D500, Sharp 802, HTC Diamond, LG Viewty, LG Prada, Orange SPV, HTC HD2, Nexus One, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus S, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 (LOST), iPhone 5S

hushaohan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
installed from clockworkmod recovery, seems to be stuck on the glowing android logo for some time, normal? bad?

originally stock rom unlocked + rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
Snappy indeed! Be sure to grab his dictionary fix file on the main thread.

Luxferro
Old
Thanks Meter 326
if you guys have stock 4.0.2 but are just unlocked and rooted you can get updates just fine(you'll just have to reroot it after).

If you have the incorrect boot loader, radio, or recovery the update will probably end with an error and not flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luxferro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]