Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.04 Verizon OTA 5/22

Tip us?
 
Lucky Armpit
Old
#271  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
I'm in Rocky Mount and it's really intermittent for me. I went a couple of weeks recently without any problems - even making a few lengthy phone calls - and then it happened in rapid succession over the last few days. It's strange. I thought it had something to do with the tower I was connected to because I live about two miles from work, and even less than that as the crow flies. That means I make 98% of my phone calls while connected to the same tower. But I was in Raleigh a month ago which is a strong 4G market and I had it happen then, so that shoots that theory in the foot.

If the 10-day rollout thing is true, I'll stop spamming the "Check now" button. The update will get here when it gets here. I will, however, call Verizon tech support and gently remind them they WILL be putting me into a different device should this update not fix the one-way audio issue for me.
 
ATnTdude
Old
#272  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 475
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Armpit View Post
But I was in Raleigh a month ago which is a strong 4G market and I had it happen then, so that shoots that theory in the foot.
2 Points:
1) LTE has nothing to do with voice.
2) Virginia may have been built out with the same equipment as your local area, which is why you have issues in both areas. We don't know where Verizon installed what. It is likely a patchwork of different vendors across the country. It is unlikely that they would mix two vendors in one city, there would be a clean cutoff between providers.

In short, you have given us a little information, but not nearly enough to decide the issue one way or another.

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Hopefully that will also mean that those on IMM30B could check-for/receive their update after that date as well.
There's usually a generic download for Nexus devices in additon to one targeted at people with the main OS version, like ICL-53F. These capture people on leaked ROM's and people who activate new phones that still have 4.0.1 on them.
Current Device: LG Nexus 4
Former Devicess: Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC Nexus One, HTC Fuze, Nokia E71, HTC Tilt, Blackberry Pearl 8100, Motorola Q9h, RAZR V3xx, KRZR K1, & RAZR V3c, Palm Centro GSM, Samsung BlackJack.

Former AT&T employee. They suck. You have no idea how much they suck. In fact, I should probably change my s/n, since I haven't even used them in 3 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATnTdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MileHighG8
Old
#273  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado
What will your phone do when it's updating?

Last night I woke up to my phone stuck on the screen that is shows when you first turn the phone on. I left it for a few minutes, then took the battery out and powered the phone back on. I still have 4.0.2. Hopefully it was not updating when I removed the battery.
 
oldblue910
Old
#274  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Thanks Meter 2201
Posts: 3,157
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighG8 View Post
What will your phone do when it's updating?

Last night I woke up to my phone stuck on the screen that is shows when you first turn the phone on. I left it for a few minutes, then took the battery out and powered the phone back on. I still have 4.0.2. Hopefully it was not updating when I removed the battery.
Did you get the notification on your phone telling you that you had a system update available?
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S 5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
SM-T337A
AT&T
milletlteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
T337AUCU1ANF4
T337AUCU1ANF4

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7

Samsung Gear Live
SM-R382
N/A
sprat 4.4W / KMV78X
N/A
SPRAT.NG1
 
efrant
Old
#275  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8032
Posts: 9,522
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATnTdude View Post
There's usually a generic download for Nexus devices in additon to one targeted at people with the main OS version, like ICL-53F. These capture people on leaked ROM's and people who activate new phones that still have 4.0.1 on them.
Yeah, that was the case on the Nexus One but, to date, I have yet to see any generic updates (i.e., an update that will update any build number to the current one) -- all of them have been specific, i.e., IMM76K-from-ICL53F, so I would expect a specific IMM76K-from-IMM30B update file.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
 
MileHighG8
Old
#276  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Did you get the notification on your phone telling you that you had a system update available?
No message, just the colorful spinning squares that happens when you boot up the phone. Left it for several minutes before removing the battery (buttons did nothing).
 
oldblue910
Old
#277  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Thanks Meter 2201
Posts: 3,157
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighG8 View Post
No message, just the colorful spinning squares that happens when you boot up the phone. Left it for several minutes before removing the battery (buttons did nothing).
That means your phone probably randomly rebooted itself in the middle of the night. You have nothing to worry about regarding the update. The update doesn't install automatically. You will get the notification on your phone, then you have to tell it to install.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S 5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
SM-T337A
AT&T
milletlteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
T337AUCU1ANF4
T337AUCU1ANF4

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7

Samsung Gear Live
SM-R382
N/A
sprat 4.4W / KMV78X
N/A
SPRAT.NG1
 
Lucky Armpit
Old
#278  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATnTdude View Post
2 Points:
1) LTE has nothing to do with voice.
2) Virginia may have been built out with the same equipment as your local area, which is why you have issues in both areas. We don't know where Verizon installed what. It is likely a patchwork of different vendors across the country. It is unlikely that they would mix two vendors in one city, there would be a clean cutoff between providers.

In short, you have given us a little information, but not nearly enough to decide the issue one way or another.
Good point; forgot that 4G/LTE is data only and has nothing to do with voice calls. Thanks.
 
stickerbob
Old
#279  
stickerbob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 191
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KY
I was under the impression that LTE was voice and data. But after reading this post I did a little research only to find out that is has not rolled out that way yet (looks to be 2013). No wonder LTE phones use so much battery, they run two radios simultaneously. I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATnTdude View Post
2 Points:
1) LTE has nothing to do with voice.
2) Virginia may have been built out with the same equipment as your local area, which is why you have issues in both areas. We don't know where Verizon installed what. It is likely a patchwork of different vendors across the country. It is unlikely that they would mix two vendors in one city, there would be a clean cutoff between providers.

In short, you have given us a little information, but not nearly enough to decide the issue one way or another.

[/COLOR]

There's usually a generic download for Nexus devices in additon to one targeted at people with the main OS version, like ICL-53F. These capture people on leaked ROM's and people who activate new phones that still have 4.0.1 on them.
Galaxy Nexus CDMA
Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet
Nexus One
 
3devious
Old
#280  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 241
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
Lets not be racist...
He could be talking about white/black/Hispanic/native American citizens of Korea who make bad radios you know? ;)

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes