5,605,311 Members 38,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2 for Verizon galaxy nexus.

Tip us?

bren924
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: 4.2 for Verizon galaxy nexus.

I just got the OTA update notification, so it is getting out to stock devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
My devices:
Verizon Galaxy Nexus, 4.0.4 stock
Lenovo IdeaPad A1, CM7 (0706 nightly build)

2ksilverbullet
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Woke up to the update prompt this morning. My phone is totally stock, didn't clear framework or anything. Installed fine over 4G (wifi wasn't on) in about 10 minutes.

Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
The Following User Says Thank You to 2ksilverbullet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SinghDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Finally at 4.2.2!

Got my update early this morning. I was on wifi, and just went to settings and checked for updates.

I kept trying the services framework trick yesterday over 3G/4G/WiFi but that didn't help. Today I got the OTA update without any workaround.

I'm in west of Boston, and got my device ~December 2011, in case location and/or age matter.

Big ZD
Old
Thanks Meter 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Normally it's completely random, based on IMEI number.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
So does this mean I can't get it any sooner than they give it? Clearing Google services framework... Is that only effective after it's been pushed (IMEInis selected), but before you are notified?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2010

DONATE TO ME
Clearing Google Services Framework isn't smart. It breaks push notifications on your devices and can cause other problems. That's a very fundamental system service.
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Big ZD
Old
Thanks Meter 42

Quote:
Clearing Google Services Framework isn't smart. It breaks push notifications on your devices and can cause other problems. That's a very fundamental system service.
Interesting, considering many suggest to do so in order to get updates sooner. I'll stick with you oldblue!

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2010

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big ZD View Post
Interesting, considering many suggest to do so in order to get updates sooner. I'll stick with you oldblue!

Yeah, Google Services Framework is a very important system service. Myself and a few other people always shout this from the rooftops whenever there's an OTA but those threads move so fast, the warnings get lost in the ether.

Basically when you do that, your system has to request a brand new unique device ID from Google, which means that all your apps which use push notifications (like Facebook, Twitter, Foursqure, Google+, etc.) will all stop working until you clear data on each app individually and set it up again. Some people also report that clearing the Google Services Framework can break the Play Store as well. Probably a good idea to just download the OTA file and flash it manually via ADB in stock recovery, or just be patient and wait a day or two until you get the OTA notification.
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7
ME571KL
Verizon
razorg 4.4.2 / KVT49L
H00_2.42.0_1204

Google Nexus 10
GT-P8110
N/A
mantaray 4.4.2 / KOT49H
N/A
MANTAMF01

Other toys:

Sony Z Ultra GPE
Motorola Moto G GPE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2729

Quote:
Yeah, Google Services Framework is a very important system service. Myself and a few other people always shout this from the rooftops whenever there's an OTA but those threads move so fast, the warnings get lost in the ether.

Basically when you do that, your system has to request a brand new unique device ID from Google, which means that all your apps which use push notifications (like Facebook, Twitter, Foursqure, Google+, etc.) will all stop working until you clear data on each app individually and set it up again. Some people also report that clearing the Google Services Framework can break the Play Store as well. Probably a good idea to just download the OTA file and flash it manually via ADB in stock recovery, or just be patient and wait a day or two until you get the OTA notification.
I don't care if it breaks everything on my phone!! I want my update NAO!!!1!!!11!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

2ksilverbullet
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Surprised Verizon didn't put a note with the release to delete/add your exchange account if your battery goes dead 10 minutes after you upgrade. Boy that sucker got hot and wiped out a full battery in no time. Seems to be better afterwards though...
Galaxy Nexus (VZW)

bassbone83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone else having bootloop problems after the 4.2.2 OTA? Downloaded the update, everything worked fine for about 2 hours. Random freeze, then reboot, now it wont complete the boot......not rooted, any ideas?