OP ncvikingx97

1st March 2013, 04:47 AM   |  #91  
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,384

3,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is no historical precedent for Google releasing anything older than the current version. Every single time there has been a Galaxy Nexus OTA, it has been to the same version GSM is on. I see no reason to believe why this time would be any different.
1st March 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 13

198 posts
More
So hopefully it'll be 4.2.2 that somebody will give us
2nd March 2013, 01:24 AM   |  #93  
Flag Durham, NC

3,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011

So hopefully it'll be 4.2.2 that somebody will give us

I've got a little surprise coming for all of you... Stay tuned tonight!
2nd March 2013, 01:31 AM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 13

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

I've got a little surprise coming for all of you... Stay tuned tonight!

Hope its something good, I've been searching like a mad man. For more information on the "new software" update
2nd March 2013, 01:40 AM   |  #95  
Flag Durham, NC

3,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011

Hope its something good, I've been searching like a mad man. For more information on the "new software" update

It may or may not be mysid 4.2.2/JDQ39...time will tell. Just sit tight. I'm working it.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

I can confirm, through the VZW Galaxy Nexus' personal Jesus Christ, XDA forum member El Madhatter, that 4.2.2/JDQ39 has been pushed to his VZW testing phone. I am working with him to retrieve the OTA update as I speak. Stay tuned and I will get the link to the file as soon as I possibly can. I don't know if it will happen tonight or tomorrow, but soon we'll have it. http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...te-in-testing/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 02:19 AM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,806 posts
More
Re: 4.2 for Verizon galaxy nexus.
Quote:

It may or may not be mysid 4.2.2/JDQ39...time will tell. Just sit tight. I'm working it.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

I can confirm, through the VZW Galaxy Nexus' personal Jesus Christ, XDA forum member El Madhatter, that 4.2.2/JDQ39 has been pushed to his VZW testing phone. I am working with him to retrieve the OTA update as I speak. Stay tuned and I will get the link to the file as soon as I possibly can. I don't know if it will happen tonight or tomorrow, but soon we'll have it. http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...te-in-testing/

Does this mean...new radios?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
2nd March 2013, 02:23 AM   |  #97  
Flag Durham, NC

3,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction

Does this mean...new radios?!

It could. I'm not sure yet. I'm waiting on El Madhatter to get back to me. He was used to using aLogCat to retrieve the URL, but in Jelly Bean that app no longer works because it removed the ability for apps to read the logcat. So I need to find out if he's rooted or if we're going to have to install adb and drivers on his machine to get at the logcat. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get anything.

Oh, and for whatever it's worth...you, sir, have my condolences that you ever owned a DROID Charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 03:01 AM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,806 posts
More
Quote:

It could. I'm not sure yet. I'm waiting on El Madhatter to get back to me. He was used to using aLogCat to retrieve the URL, but in Jelly Bean that app no longer works because it removed the ability for apps to read the logcat. So I need to find out if he's rooted or if we're going to have to install adb and drivers on his machine to get at the logcat. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get anything.

Oh, and for whatever it's worth...you, sir, have my condolences that you ever owned a DROID Charge.

I hope it comes with new radios.

And eh, it was a good phone. The screen, camera, and audio chip were the best parts. If only the RIL wasn't so hard to crack and it didn't have such a small amount of RAM. But I was finally able to get a Nexus.

The Following User Says Thank You to DirgeExtinction For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 03:35 AM   |  #99  
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 15

117 posts
More
I know that El Madhatter has been most helpful with these leaks and Oldblue has spent lots of time working to bring us these test builds.
I wonder if El Madhatter would be interested in selling the phone to Oldblue?
I for one would be willing to donate to the cause. Just a thought.
Last edited by kyoteqwik; 2nd March 2013 at 04:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyoteqwik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 09:17 AM   |  #100  
Flag Lacombe, LA
Thanks Meter: 70

269 posts
More
Quote:

Simple solution to use TiBu to change aLogCat to a system app. It will then work. Or use a root explorer and place the apk in /system/app folder and set permissions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to JPBeard21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread