Android 'L' for GNEX 4,5,7....

Search This thread

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
I think that if it screws up things as badly as Kit-Kat did, I may have to go look at an (grits teeth) iPhone.

thelegbra

Nov 30, 2011
the link and the article says nexus 4,5,7 while your title includes gnex as well.

MrPutuLips

Sep 29, 2014
I highly doubt that a phone nearly three years old that didn't receive the last android increment would get a new one. We'll definitely see ports of the Nexus 4's ROMs to gnex, just like 4.4, but no official support.

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Wait Nexus 10 will receive Android l but the gnex wont? Weird, the nexus 10 is too old for support too..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

ILA

Sep 14, 2012
The problem is not how old it is. The problem is that T.I. won't release the source code and so gnex can't be supported.

TI is not the problem, it's well documented and open sourced... The problem is the GPU vendor Imagination Technologies that won't release the source for it's PowerVR drivers even though the GPU is so old and obsolete... TI wanted to make IT release the source when TI released the kernel source, but IT backed out at the last moment. If that had happened, we would have a completely open source device, a dream for every developer. Oh well...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem is not how old it is. The problem is that T.I. won't release the source code and so gnex can't be supported.

TI is not the problem, it's well documented and open sourced... The problem is the GPU vendor Imagination Technologies that won't release the source for it's PowerVR drivers even though the GPU is so old and obsolete... TI wanted to make IT release the source when TI released the kernel source, but IT backed out at the last moment. If that had happened, we would have a completely open source device, a dream for every developer. Oh well...