View Poll Results: Sprint or Verizon Galaxy Nexus?
Sprint 249 49.90%
Verizon 250 50.10%
Voters: 499. You may not vote on this poll

[CDMA] Gnex Flashing: 威盛VIA Chipset Repair and Reprogramming

OP autoprime

12th July 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 38

435 posts
I'm not a developer and I sold my VZ nexus, but here's a question.

OP said fantsay found that code about RUIM in the telephony.apk. The code is:
228 static final int CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION_RUIM_SIM = 0; // RUIM/SIM (default)
229 static final int CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION_NV = 1; // NV -> non-volatile memory

Could you just change the NV to = 0 and the RUIM_SIM to = 1, where 0 is default (in the telephony.apk app)?

Note: this wouldn't matter for VZW version because we still can't get the VZW version into diag, and it seems too easy but I'm just throwing stuff out there. Like I said, I tried to move the hiddenmenu.apk, phone.apk, and telephony.apk from my Sprint Gnex to my VZW one and no luck so it must be deeper than that.
12th July 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
possible to for just text/voice on page plaus then?
Forgive me if I have overlooked something, but from what i have read, i am a little lost as to whether it is possible to get text/voice working with page plus for the Sprint gNex?

Thank you @autoprime
Last edited by tswone; 12th July 2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typo
12th July 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #103  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,545

1,692 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abramzzz

I'm here .

fantsay777 have just tried it (I have no Gnex, I want to buy it, but not sure if it'll work with my operator) and it didn't work.

very interesting method. even tho my sprint version does not support uim.. i still added your code to add the uim/nv select option. nv/uim is selectable in the mobile network settings just like you said.

now question.. is that code doing what thorasaurus mentions in the quoted text below? or is it a purely cosmetic option?

also... using similar code.. would you have an idea how we could add forced roaming to our menu's? currently we only have "Automatic" or "home".. but looking at line 222 it mentions the "affiliated" option.
Code:
222     // Used for CDMA roaming mode
223     static final int CDMA_RM_HOME        = 0;  // Home Networks only, as defined in PRL
224     static final int CDMA_RM_AFFILIATED  = 1;  // Roaming an Affiliated networks, as defined in PRL
225     static final int CDMA_RM_ANY         = 2;  // Roaming on Any Network, as defined in PRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorasaurus

I'm not a developer and I sold my VZ nexus, but here's a question.

OP said fantsay found that code about RUIM in the telephony.apk. The code is:
228 static final int CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION_RUIM_SIM = 0; // RUIM/SIM (default)
229 static final int CDMA_SUBSCRIPTION_NV = 1; // NV -> non-volatile memory

Could you just change the NV to = 0 and the RUIM_SIM to = 1, where 0 is default (in the telephony.apk app)?

Note: this wouldn't matter for VZW version because we still can't get the VZW version into diag, and it seems too easy but I'm just throwing stuff out there. Like I said, I tried to move the hiddenmenu.apk, phone.apk, and telephony.apk from my Sprint Gnex to my VZW one and no luck so it must be deeper than that.

and yes vzw cant get into diag mode... unless they flash a sprint rom. so if they flashed sprint rom with diag access then edited the telephony.apk.. perhaps they can flip uim to nv somehow. connect to ets.. make the needed edits. then after nv is set up.. go back to vzw rom? or am i missing something? i havent messed with a verizon version at all.. so im just going by what others have said.
12th July 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 7

31 posts
when you flash sprint rom to verizon there is diag menu. when i add code to build.prop default value was nv ,it can be changed but did not save it . When you back to verizon it changed and not all settings saved made by ets, but i think nv_data.bin can be copied after editing. This all wount help until uim enabled. There is a man who can patch radio but this radio wount flash because verizon gnex has some defence from illegal radio.
Last edited by fantsay777; 12th July 2012 at 08:36 PM.
12th July 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 56

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswone

Forgive me if I have overlooked something, but from what i have read, i am a little lost as to whether it is possible to get text/voice working with page plus for the Sprint gNex?

\o/ success, thanks Thosaurus and Autoprime, now have Sprint GNex with talk/text on PagePlus. My steps (summarized from this thread):

1. Install ETS 8.5.17.0, PC was 32-bit WinXP box (link in OP)
2. Install VIA drivers from SamsungFlashingUtility.7z (link in OP)
3. In ICS on phone, got MSL from Sprint GNex per this post, did *#*#DIAG#*#* for CDMA Modem, *#*#DATA#*#* to set ETS Channel to USB
4. Plugged phone into PC, launched ETS with Autoprime's config file
5. Write Page Plus PRL: ETS > File > Database Download > Choose PRL > Select PRL 1 from dropdown > Press Download button
6. Write MDN: ETS > Utilities > VIA NV Manager
7. Write MIN: ETS > Utilities > IMSI Editor (my MIN not same as MDN, VIA NV Manager auto-filled MIN with MDN or vice-versa, but writing MDN with VIA NV Manager followed by writing MIN with IMSI Editor stuck)
8. Activate on PagePlus using IMEI minus the last digit (14-digit MEID) to avoid 4G LTE ban.

now have Sprint GNex running JB with full talk/text on PagePlus, can't get any better than that. many thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxwintrobe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwintrobe

\o/ success, thanks Thosaurus and Autoprime, now have Sprint GNex with talk/text on PagePlus. My steps (summarized from this thread):

3. In ICS on phone, got MSL from Sprint GNex per this post, did *#*#DIAG#*#* for CDMA Modem, *#*#DATA#*#* to set ETS Channel to USB
5. Write Page Plus PRL: ETS > File > Database Download > Choose PRL > Select PRL 1 from dropdown > Press Download button
7. Write MIN: ETS > Utilities > IMSI Editor (my MIN not same as MDN, VIA NV Manager auto-filled MIN with MDN or vice-versa, but writing MDN with VIA NV Manager followed by writing MIN with IMSI Editor stuck)
8. Activate on PagePlus using IMEI minus the last digit (14-digit MEID) to avoid 4G LTE ban.

now have Sprint GNex running JB with full talk/text on PagePlus, can't get any better than that. many thanks.

I have a few (easy) questions, I dont do this often ;)

1. Which PRL did you use?
2. Where is MSL used?
3. Where do I get my MDN?
4. Where do I get my MIN?

I agree, this is the recipe I am looking for, I do $80 a year talk/text service from Kitty. much appreciated.
12th July 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #107  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,545

1,692 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwintrobe

maybe i'm missing something... but for you guys just doing talk/text... couldnt you just do *#*#MSLHERE#*#* > Edit and enter in your MDN/MSID? then use the PRL Write trick to write your new PRL? Then you wouldn't have to touch ETS at all.
Last edited by autoprime; 12th July 2012 at 09:38 PM.
12th July 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 56

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

... couldnt you just do *#*#MSLHERE#*#* > Edit and enter in your MDN/MSID?

wow, didnt' know about that one, as I mentioned few posts back I tried ##MSL# (the Sprint Epic 4G Touch dial code) without success, could have been like you said, except you can get MSL off of phone using this script even though getprop ril.MSL doesn't work.

Quote:

1. Which PRL did you use?
2. Where is MSL used?
3. Where do I get my MDN?
4. Where do I get my MIN?

1. I used PRL from Kitty, probably same one you're using if Kitty activated your PagePlus because I went through them originally also on last phone
2. Use 6-digit MSL to manually program on phone the MDN and MIN with *#*#MSLHERE#*#*, or to set ETS Channel to USB using *#*#DATA#*#* to program MDN and MIN using ETS
3 and 4. MDN (the phone number) and MIN are given to you after you activate a device using ESN/MEID/IMEI on a carrier. Page Plus currently has ban on 4G LTE device, they will not activate Sprint GNex if you give them full 15-digit IMEI, IMEI beginning with 99000 is flagged as 4G LTE device by Page Plus, but I got mine activated by using the 15-digit IMEI minus last digit (basically 14-digit MEID) using a dealer on eBay

Quote:

... I do $80 a year talk/text service from Kitty.

got you beat, i don't use up the $10 every 4 months ($30/yr) talk/text
13th July 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #109  
Flag Matamoros
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

.. try using my own ets config file(EtsMsg.txt).. stick it in /Program Files/ETS.. and overwrite the current file in there. then run ets as normal(just double click EtsMain.exe in /Program Files/ETS). my config file gets rid of the need to have alllllll those other config text files in the cp folder etc. all hidden commands have been added back to the program etc.

if you are still having issues.. uninstall ETS. delete the ETS folder in Program Files.. then reinstall. after reinstall use my config file and run EtsMain.exe from program files folder. shouldnt have any issues.

I'm having the same issue with the NV manager, it keeps saying the device is not connected to ETSmain.exe when it actually is.

I tried this, uninstelled and reinstalled 2 times, didnt worked.
I'm trying to work on a Sprint Gnex, with windows 7 64-bit, opening the ETSMain.exe from the program files folder, and also have the EtsMsg.txt on the same folder.

Any sugestion?
13th July 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #110  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 51

147 posts
I have a Droid Charge, I left it at the drawer since I bought the Epic 4G Touch..but then I saw this thread ( yaay! ETS with newer model support! thx autoprime!) I clicked here and there (try to disable that control freak UIM )..and voila! I lost my MEID/ESN

Now I have problem when trying to change the SPC ( I did this just to make sure that the ESN is gone ) :

Code:
23:29:49.6> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=PSW, Sys Time=0x0000876b, Code 1=PSW_ATTEMPT_TO_WRITE_INVALID_MOBILE_ID, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
However, IMEI still there. Since the MEID is just the same with IMEI minus last digit, so in theory I'm still able to repair the MEID/ESN. But I'm stuck at security code, anybody knows security code for Droid Charge or VIA Chipset ?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cbp, cbp via, cbp7, ets, flashing, vpst
Previous Thread Next Thread