5,606,779 Members 37,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Sprint or Verizon Galaxy Nexus?
Sprint 239 51.18%
Verizon 228 48.82%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

[CDMA] Gnex Flashing: 威盛VIA Chipset Repair and Reprogramming

Tip us?

irtehun
Old
Thanks Meter 579

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [CDMA] Gnex Flashing: 威盛VIA Chipset Repair and Reprogramming

Auto prime can u answer a few questions via pm about stuff happening after flashing? I have successfully flashed just have a few questions. Or check the flashing thread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If I have helped you hit the thanks button!

Twitter: Follow Me!

E-POUND
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Man this is a crazy way of flashing a phone lol. I thought i read this entire thread before i tried get all the way to the bottom of post #3 and it said if it didnt work i miss some setting or didnt have the right radio because the phone didnt reboot.. It was correct. I looked again and had the lastest radio but i had the right ROM smh. The phone never rebooted so i manually rebooted and it OTA activated. Everything works flawlessly. Thanks Autoprime!

gorillajuice
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Thanks autoprime I got my gnex a couple of days ago followed your guide and all is good on boost, wasn't easy but I got it thanks.
Optimus G - Dev Edition 5.0(I keep coming back) twrp 2.6.3.0
Nexus 7
Stock Rooted - Mkernel

jameztownbarber
Old
Thanks Meter 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillajuice View Post
Thanks autoprime I got my gnex a couple of days ago followed your guide and all is good on boost, wasn't easy but I got it thanks.
How are your data speeds mine are extremely slow on my gnex on boost, my s3 and note2 on boost are FAST except the gnex

Pimped out Note2 on Boost Mobile

**Team VeNuM**

NightStormWolf
Old
(Last edited by NightStormWolf; 1st March 2013 at 05:24 PM.) Reason: File information
Thanks Meter 2
First of all i want to say thank you to autoprime for all the hard work and great information! Thanks!

Second, i wanted to add some information from my journey through sprint nexus programming land.

One question asked multiple times while i was reading though the thread is "how can i stop the phone from updating my profile!". If your on a sprint nexus, the system will update its data profile after a reset and revert all settings to the way they were on the sprint network. You can replicate this by going into Settings > About phone > Sprint system updates > Update profile. (This will reset your settings, so don't do it.)

Basically you need to freeze or remove the "Sprint system updates" app from the phone. I would only recommend doing this if your not on the sprint network anymore. I used Titanium Backup to freeze it, and it says the app is named SDM.apk and is located in the /system/app/ folder. With this app frozen or removed, you will not have the profile update issue anymore. FYI, Settings will crash if you attempt to open the Sprint system updates app after it's removal.

Also, if you are having 3G programming issues after following autoprime's guide, check your PRL files. This bit me in the tail like you wouldn't believe. I'm was using one of those PRL files that fix the roaming indicators on sprint phones and it turns out i was locked in at 1x because it was just not right for my phone or simply to old.

As a courtesy and a thank you, I'm attaching a modified (sprint roaming indicator fix) PRL that i've freshly pulled from my phone and modified with information from howardforums (Modified verizon PRLs for sprint ERI (roaming indicator FIX)). I can't post links, sorry. I'm using it on my nexus now and it works great, but be forewarned, i very well could have done something wrong in the file edit and you may roam without knowing it. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST. I'm also attaching the original unedited version as well. Both are from a verizon/pageplus flash.

53022.zip is original, 53022spt.zip is sprint roaming indicator fixed/modified.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 53022.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: zip 53022spt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.2 KB, 34 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NightStormWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icreative
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Who have ideas, wonna flash to my i515 radio GA02, but 1x internet only. EVDO works only with FC12 radio.
Motorola Droid Razr XT912 +SlimKat 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 +MIUI v5 base4.1.1
iPad 4 +iOS 7.1

gorillajuice
Old
Thanks Meter 47

My speeds are pretty fast. Have'nt done a speedtest yet but I don't need to web pages popup pretty fast. Prl 25012 On radio GA2 now and its a bit slower, FC12 gave me best data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Optimus G - Dev Edition 5.0(I keep coming back) twrp 2.6.3.0
Nexus 7
Stock Rooted - Mkernel

scubajunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have 2 Verizon GNex.
i flash it to my local provider and work like a charm
But i have major problem with the other one , since i only have one lte card

My question is it possible to disable ruim function ? I believe i read somewhere the LTE card is a must for gnex verizon

Thanks in advance

Bonkurei
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubajunkie View Post
I have 2 Verizon GNex.

My question is it possible to disable ruim function ? I believe i read somewhere the LTE card is a must for gnex verizon

Thanks in advance
LTE sim card is a must if you want data to work, if you just need call and sms then LTE sim card is not needed

thatotherguy..
Old
Thanks Meter 372

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubajunkie View Post
I have 2 Verizon GNex.

Thanks in advance
I think I got an extra one if you need one

Sent From My White Cricket LTEvo

Tags
cbp, cbp via, cbp7, ets, flashing, vpst