Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more
Post Reply

CM10.2 M1 on my aging G Nex is an awesome overhaul !

6th January 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #1  
kensim781's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Been running CM10.2 M1 on my G Nex with 4.3.1 for 3 days now and the experience as a daily driver is FANTASTIC !! It's a complete overhaul for the G Nex with it's aging dual core Ti OMAP and 1 Gb RAM. The customisation and tweakings are stellar, so much so that I've revived my old love for my G Nex. Perhasp, I've started to neglet my brand new Nexus 5 as it has been sitting on my desk, powered off for 3 days already. lol...

The N5 is a monster when it comes to performance, nothing can touch it ! Even the fluidity of the CM10.2 on my G Nex is no match. But the customisability of the mod is what wins my heart. Not going to root my N5 anytime soon as it's still brand new as hell hehehe...

Have any of you guys felt the same as me ?
6th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 291
 
990 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensim781

Been running CM10.2 M1 on my G Nex with 4.3.1 for 3 days now and the experience as a daily driver is FANTASTIC !! It's a complete overhaul for the G Nex with it's aging dual core Ti OMAP and 1 Gb RAM. The customisation and tweakings are stellar, so much so that I've revived my old love for my G Nex. Perhasp, I've started to neglet my brand new Nexus 5 as it has been sitting on my desk, powered off for 3 days already. lol...

The N5 is a monster when it comes to performance, nothing can touch it ! Even the fluidity of the CM10.2 on my G Nex is no match. But the customisability of the mod is what wins my heart. Not going to root my N5 anytime soon as it's still brand new as hell hehehe...

Have any of you guys felt the same as me ?

Of course the Nexus 5 feels/is faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by a.cid; 6th January 2014 at 03:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgnex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
Seraz007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Whatcha looking at?
Thanks Meter: 2,949
 
7,220 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensim781

Been running CM10.2 M1 on my G Nex with 4.3.1 for 3 days now and the experience as a daily driver is FANTASTIC !! It's a complete overhaul for the G Nex with it's aging dual core Ti OMAP and 1 Gb RAM. The customisation and tweakings are stellar, so much so that I've revived my old love for my G Nex. Perhasp, I've started to neglet my brand new Nexus 5 as it has been sitting on my desk, powered off for 3 days already. lol...

The N5 is a monster when it comes to performance, nothing can touch it ! Even the fluidity of the CM10.2 on my G Nex is no match. But the customisability of the mod is what wins my heart. Not going to root my N5 anytime soon as it's still brand new as hell hehehe...

Have any of you guys felt the same as me ?

And?
6th January 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #4  
kensim781's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Btw what speed and did you guys set for the CPU, mine is 700 - 1200 mhz, Interactive. Not sure is it a good choice ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
7th January 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #5  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 291
 
990 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensim781

Btw what speed and did you guys set for the CPU, mine is 700 - 1200 mhz, Interactive. Not sure is it a good choice ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

700 is very high. I bet your battery wont last long. Mine is 192-1228

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
7th January 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #6  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

700 is very high. I bet your battery wont last long. Mine is 192-1228

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Will try 192 out...
I've always had mines set on 384-1228, it's what the ROM came with.

BTW
In trickster mod under "max screen off" its set to 576, will that also be okay to set to 192?
Last edited by isajoo; 7th January 2014 at 06:13 PM.
8th January 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #7  
Mach3.2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 450
 
2,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
There's issues with 192mhz

Beamed from my Maguro
8th January 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #8  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3.2

There's issues with 192mhz

Beamed from my Maguro

What specifically are your issues?

Cause when I first set it to 192 the battery section under settings wasn't displaying correctly, but a simple reboot fixed that issue.

Running 4.1.2 PA ROM, zen 10 kernel.

Also previously CPU governor was set to interactiveX and I noticed a some lag/delay in certain apps but then(now) set it to performance and no lag more.

To early to tell if battery life has improved.
8th January 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #9  
Mach3.2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 450
 
2,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isajoo

What specifically are your issues?

Cause when I first set it to 192 the battery section under settings wasn't displaying correctly, but a simple reboot fixed that issue.

Running 4.1.2 PA ROM, zen 10 kernel.

Also previously CPU governor was set to interactiveX and I noticed a some lag/delay in certain apps but then(now) set it to performance and no lag more.

To early to tell if battery life has improved.

It's something about losing mobile data iirc, it's been ages since anyone last talked about it. It dates back to the late ICS era I think..

Beamed from my Maguro
8th January 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #10  
isajoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3.2

It's something about losing mobile data iirc, it's been ages since anyone last talked about it. It dates back to the late ICS era I think..

Beamed from my Maguro

Looks like your right, cause before push email notifications worked fine, even with the screen off and now it seems to be broken.

Will be back to confirm after restoring an older backup of ROM.

Edit:
Push email seems to be working again even with 192.
LOL
Last edited by isajoo; 8th January 2014 at 03:12 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus General by ThreadRank