5,606,588 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Tip us?
 
droidoz
Old
#91  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 45
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhead View Post
Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.
Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droidoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hexhead
Old
#92  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoz View Post
Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks droidoz!

I'm sure you're right. Looked up the history for that file and the bad commit was on 2/12. That's right when my audio dock quit working for CM based ROMS.

Sorry I could only hit the "Thanks" button once
 
droidoz
Old
#93  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 45
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhead View Post
Thanks droidoz!

I'm sure you're right. Looked up the history for that file and the bad commit was on 2/12. That's right when my audio dock quit working for CM based ROMS.

Sorry I could only hit the "Thanks" button once
My car audio dock worked fine on today's nightly ! So my guess was not bad


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to droidoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hitziflitzi
Old
#94  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2010
Does anyone else have problems with current CyanogenMod 11 nightlies and long sms? The problem started with a nightly last week. Can't tell which one. But the current one still have this problem. As soon as you send a long sms (not splitted) the sms won't send and you can't make any call and won't receive any call. The only fix is to reboot the phone. I tested this with the Hangout app and EvolveSMS both got the same problem. EvolveSMS gives you the possibilty to split long message - this will work.
The Galaxy Nexus is'nt the only phoen with the problems. I found a Galaxy S3 thread where users goit the same problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...529775/page259

So I would say it's really a CyanogenMod problem. Best of all during the last nightlies there was a bigger change so you can't go back to a version which works with long sms.
 
soder
Old
#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 922
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitziflitzi View Post
Does anyone else have problems with current CyanogenMod 11 nightlies and long sms? The problem started with a nightly last week. Can't tell which one. But the current one still have this problem. As soon as you send a long sms (not splitted) the sms won't send and you can't make any call and won't receive any call. The only fix is to reboot the phone. I tested this with the Hangout app and EvolveSMS both got the same problem. EvolveSMS gives you the possibilty to split long message - this will work.
The Galaxy Nexus is'nt the only phoen with the problems. I found a Galaxy S3 thread where users goit the same problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...529775/page259

So I would say it's really a CyanogenMod problem. Best of all during the last nightlies there was a bigger change so you can't go back to a version which works with long sms.
Read here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...msung-t2405147

Wipe data and install M4 to get it to work, or maybe the latest nightly.

Anyway, wipe data.

/Söder
Galaxy Nexus GSM, CM11 nightly
 
victor2868
Old
#96  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 71
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Johor Bahru
does anyone using the latest cm version and dirtyv latest version? Do you have any problem? Bcoz I get force close

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
hitziflitzi
Old
#97  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder View Post
Read here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...msung-t2405147

Wipe data and install M4 to get it to work, or maybe the latest nightly.

Anyway, wipe data.

/Söder
M4 is based on a older codebase. It's the same like going back to an older nightly before the bug. M4 or older nightly needs a "wipe data" because of a database (or so) change. This bug needs to be fixed or the next milestone will get it too.

I'm not wiping my data and going back to an older version. I have hope that this bug will be fixed in one of the next nightlies

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Just installed the cm-11-20140312-NIGHTLY-maguro.zip nightly and seems that long sms are working again.
 
soder
Old
#98  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 922
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitziflitzi View Post
M4 is based on a older codebase. It's the same like going back to an older nightly before the bug. M4 or older nightly needs a "wipe data" because of a database (or so) change. This bug needs to be fixed or the next milestone will get it too.

I'm not wiping my data and going back to an older version. I have hope that this bug will be fixed in one of the next nightlies

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Just installed the cm-11-20140312-NIGHTLY-maguro.zip nightly and seems that long sms are working again.
Some people have used later nightly then M4, but later then what gave me problem from the beginning. Maybe there is something ****ed up in the data if you have been using a bad nightly, and no new flash of a nightly will fix it.

Never mind, you do as you want. Don't wipe, and don't call or SMS.

/Söder
Galaxy Nexus GSM, CM11 nightly
 
hitziflitzi
Old
#99  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2010
Sorry, the latest nightly is not the solution. My sms app converted the long sms to a mms and this works without problems. Sending a long sms still broke the phone network. I even watched it with logcat but there is no error displayed.
 
gsfores
Old
#100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2013
The last nightly has a bootloop.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes