XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Tip us?

droidoz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhead View Post
Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.
Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droidoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hexhead
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidoz View Post
Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Thanks droidoz!

I'm sure you're right. Looked up the history for that file and the bad commit was on 2/12. That's right when my audio dock quit working for CM based ROMS.

Sorry I could only hit the "Thanks" button once

droidoz
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhead View Post
Thanks droidoz!

I'm sure you're right. Looked up the history for that file and the bad commit was on 2/12. That's right when my audio dock quit working for CM based ROMS.

Sorry I could only hit the "Thanks" button once
My car audio dock worked fine on today's nightly ! So my guess was not bad

The Following User Says Thank You to droidoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitziflitzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone else have problems with current CyanogenMod 11 nightlies and long sms? The problem started with a nightly last week. Can't tell which one. But the current one still have this problem. As soon as you send a long sms (not splitted) the sms won't send and you can't make any call and won't receive any call. The only fix is to reboot the phone. I tested this with the Hangout app and EvolveSMS both got the same problem. EvolveSMS gives you the possibilty to split long message - this will work.
The Galaxy Nexus is'nt the only phoen with the problems. I found a Galaxy S3 thread where users goit the same problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...529775/page259

So I would say it's really a CyanogenMod problem. Best of all during the last nightlies there was a bigger change so you can't go back to a version which works with long sms.

soder
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitziflitzi View Post
Does anyone else have problems with current CyanogenMod 11 nightlies and long sms? The problem started with a nightly last week. Can't tell which one. But the current one still have this problem. As soon as you send a long sms (not splitted) the sms won't send and you can't make any call and won't receive any call. The only fix is to reboot the phone. I tested this with the Hangout app and EvolveSMS both got the same problem. EvolveSMS gives you the possibilty to split long message - this will work.
The Galaxy Nexus is'nt the only phoen with the problems. I found a Galaxy S3 thread where users goit the same problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...529775/page259

So I would say it's really a CyanogenMod problem. Best of all during the last nightlies there was a bigger change so you can't go back to a version which works with long sms.
Read here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...msung-t2405147

Wipe data and install M4 to get it to work, or maybe the latest nightly.

Anyway, wipe data.

/Söder
Galaxy Nexus GSM, CM11 nightly

victor2868
Old
Thanks Meter 5
does anyone using the latest cm version and dirtyv latest version? Do you have any problem? Bcoz I get force close

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

hitziflitzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder View Post
Read here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...msung-t2405147

Wipe data and install M4 to get it to work, or maybe the latest nightly.

Anyway, wipe data.

/Söder
M4 is based on a older codebase. It's the same like going back to an older nightly before the bug. M4 or older nightly needs a "wipe data" because of a database (or so) change. This bug needs to be fixed or the next milestone will get it too.

I'm not wiping my data and going back to an older version. I have hope that this bug will be fixed in one of the next nightlies

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Just installed the cm-11-20140312-NIGHTLY-maguro.zip nightly and seems that long sms are working again.

soder
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitziflitzi View Post
M4 is based on a older codebase. It's the same like going back to an older nightly before the bug. M4 or older nightly needs a "wipe data" because of a database (or so) change. This bug needs to be fixed or the next milestone will get it too.

I'm not wiping my data and going back to an older version. I have hope that this bug will be fixed in one of the next nightlies

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Just installed the cm-11-20140312-NIGHTLY-maguro.zip nightly and seems that long sms are working again.
Some people have used later nightly then M4, but later then what gave me problem from the beginning. Maybe there is something ****ed up in the data if you have been using a bad nightly, and no new flash of a nightly will fix it.

Never mind, you do as you want. Don't wipe, and don't call or SMS.

/Söder
Galaxy Nexus GSM, CM11 nightly

hitziflitzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, the latest nightly is not the solution. My sms app converted the long sms to a mms and this works without problems. Sending a long sms still broke the phone network. I even watched it with logcat but there is no error displayed.

gsfores
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The last nightly has a bootloop.