###CyanogenMod 11 Discussion tread. Custom kernels etc..###

Search This thread

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
Hi comunity,i will tomorow get galaxy nexus i need some things to know about phone,can someone answere it,i will try to increese userexpiriance.
What are bugs?
Can i install it with cm instaler?
How to install usb drivers for it on win8?
What is version of kernel from offical cm build?
Cheers.

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
Active Display

I just recently switched to CM11 from XenonHD, which I liked but was not as stable as I had hoped. What I did like about Xenon was that it had Active Display cooked in. Does CM11 not have that?

Before Xenon I tried the stand alone Active Display app (ad supported) and found it to be super buggy. I was using LiquidSmooth at the time, I think.

Just curious if AD has been tried and rejected, or is it possibly in the works?

Thanks!

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
I just recently switched to CM11 from XenonHD, which I liked but was not as stable as I had hoped. What I did like about Xenon was that it had Active Display cooked in. Does CM11 not have that?

Before Xenon I tried the stand alone Active Display app (ad supported) and found it to be super buggy. I was using LiquidSmooth at the time, I think.

Thanks!

I don't think CM team will ever merge these features into their builds. They have a set of features and they implement those only. If you want more features, you should try some other rom.

matteventu

Feb 17, 2009
Lodi
Hey guys :D

Does is someone using CM11 M4 ?
Is that release really stable and bug-free?

Because I need a ROM to install on my friend's Galaxy Nexus, that is continuing bothering me for giving his GNex a KitKat-based ROM... but he is a total newbie about modding and flashing, so it must be really stable and without "any" issue.

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Hey guys :D

Does is someone using CM11 M4 ?
Is that release really stable and bug-free?

Because I need a ROM to install on my friend's Galaxy Nexus, that is continuing bothering me for giving his GNex a KitKat-based ROM... but he is a total newbie about modding and flashing, so it must be really stable and without "any" issue.

I use the M4 since I had to do a wipe with all the strange SMS and call bugs in the nightlies. I find the M4 nice. Some graphic bugs in the drop down menu, but otherwise a nice release.

Install the M4 for your friend, and then M5....

I also use the PA mini gapps. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

/Söder

gabrielss

Jun 25, 2013

Thanks!

You can try AcDisplay app, I've used it and it works really nicely.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.achep.activedisplay

Reactions: n1kolaa

FivePiece

May 30, 2012
Question regarding notifications & the notification light...

I want txt message notifications in the status bar, and the notification light to blink. For Gmail I want the status bar notification but I do not want the notification light to blink.

I used to set a custom value for the Gmail notification light to black, which would essentially turn off the notification light when I received an email. However, I realized that if I got a txt message followed by an email, the notification light would go black so I wouldn't know that I received a txt message without turning on the screen and looking at the status bar. I'd prefer the notification light not be affected by the email and it would remain flashing since I received a txt message.

Is this doable without a notification light control app? If not, any recommendations for which app to use?

Last edited:

ftrack

Oct 25, 2011
Debug mode is not getting On while connect cable on pc

Hi,

I am right now "cm-11-20140405-SNAPSHOT-M5-maguro", its working brilliantly but whenever i connect mobile with pc debug mode is not getting ON unless i reboot cell phone, if this is bug so please look at that or give me the way.

I also need to suggestion related to theme and locker, because whenever i try any cm11 theme i noticed mobile respond little delay when i got call screen was blank for a while then it appears.

Thanks

Dec 21, 2012
JOHOR
Hi,
Im right now using "cm-11-20140601-nightly-maguro" can i ask why i cannot update using cyandelta, before this its working normal on "cm-11-20140531-nightly-maguro" but after i flash "cm-11-20140601-nightly-maguro" cyandelta not update to next nightly, thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sebi85

Oct 8, 2008
I install the Version 11.0-installerXNPQ32P CM_manguro-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q (newest automatically update over Wifi).

Now I have some problems in games. I play a game and after 2-3 minutes, it crash and I must restart the game. Are there known problems?

kotegergo

Aug 3, 2014
Problem

Hello!

When I install GAPS my Galaxy Nexus became lagy and it's freezing sometimes. If i only flash the ROM and the Franco Kernel (I tried without it but the problem is still there) everything is ok the phone is fast.

I don't know what could be the problem becouse I do everything right step by step when i flash it.

Any idea?

Thanx in advance! :good:

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hello!

When I install GAPS my Galaxy Nexus became lagy and it's freezing sometimes. If i only flash the ROM and the Franco Kernel (I tried without it but the problem is still there) everything is ok the phone is fast.

I don't know what could be the problem becouse I do everything right step by step when i flash it.

Any idea?

Gapps ensures that the google features are activated, so therefore more processes are being put more and more ram memory processes in motion. I have also in my old maguro run but have no problem with the device. Otherwise, try to turn off some cyncronisaties. Also remove soms stuff in system/app system/privite app. See some stuff in these folder you not use.

Reactions: kotegergo

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hello!

Any idea?

Also use the stock kernel when you wanne play save.

Reactions: kotegergo

kotegergo

Aug 3, 2014
Gapps ensures that the google features are activated, so therefore more processes are being put more and more ram memory processes in motion. I have also in my old maguro run but have no problem with the device. Otherwise, try to turn off some cyncronisaties. Also remove soms stuff in system/app system/privite app. See some stuff in these folder you not use.

What is "cyncronisaties" and how can I turn them off? Sorry for the dumb question.

kotegergo

Aug 3, 2014
problem

cyncronisation, sorry bad englishere haha. Settings/accounts/ google

Thank you! I will give it a try and write down the results here.

No problem becouse of the english :) !

The strangest is that it worked for a time and when i flashed an other rom to try it became laggy when i installed GAPS also. Strange. . .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1z1wg82.jpg

This thread is an addition to the official CM Development thread.

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

You can use this thread for all other things like :

► General Questions & Talk about CM
    ► Battery Life stuff
    ► UV / OC
    ► CM + custom kernels
    ► Benchmark Talk
    ► Discussing modified CM builds, KANG´s
    ► CM + different radios, bootloaders, ...
    ► CM + different recoveries
    ► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
    ► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for the record....Running CM11 M2 with SuperRam Mpokang kernel, Nephilim settings and ART. The phone is faster than ever, I got 13565 score with Antutu Benchmark. Also, getting about 24 hours battery life with 2:30 h screen on time.

I'm so proud of my old galaxy Nexus xD
    Same trouble with toro device. Try the 2/10/14 snapshot version. That's the latest CM11 release that lets me play audio through my car dock.

Not sure, but I think this will fix the dock audio issue in next nightly:

Revert "audio: Fix check for sonification on digital docks

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60700/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @abalam your signature is very huge :)
    @kishandoshi you should not quote the op
    Cause I'm still not allowed to write to the "Galaxy Nexus Android Development" I write here:

After dirty upgrading my maguro CM11 from M10 to M11 ([ROM] [NIGHTLY] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy Nexus) WiFi is broken.
    The WLAN Symbol remains in the Status bar, no data connection. It is possible to switch off wlan and get a mobile data connection, but it is not possible to switch wlan on again. The WLAN Switch stays grey or doesn't save its status.

What I have already done:
    - Fix permissions - no success.
    - Wipe Dalvik + Cache no success
    - deinstall touch control before flashing M11 - no success.
    - Trying newest nighlty 10/09 - no success.
    - Nandroid back to M10. WLAN is ok.
    - Upgrading TWRP to 2.8.0.1 (from 2.7.1.0) and flashing M11 - no success.

I dont want to make a factory reset, cause I dont want to loose music, pictures, app data.

Anyone else with this problem? Any hint?
    A factory reset in TWRP (which includes dalvik, cache, & data), will NOT wipe your music and pictures. (It can't hurt to wipe system too, although in most cases that's done automatically when you flash a ROM.) What you do NOT want to wipe is "internal storage", which is where your pictures, music, etc. is stored. You can find more info here: http://teamw.in/whattowipe

Knowing this, I'd recommend making a nandroid and then clean flashing M11 just to test out whether WiFi works properly on M11 or not. If it does work this way, then you know it was the dirty flash that caused the problems. Either way, when you're done testing you can revert back to your nandroid and have everything intact, including your app data.

Also, a factory reset in TWRP would indeed wipe your app data, but you can easily back up all your app data with Titanium Backup and restore it after the clean flash. This looks like a pretty good guide for Titanium Backup for Noobs:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2717159