5,595,000 Members 39,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEPRECATED] Change to 4.0.4 yakju from yakjuxw (or ANY other version)

Tip us?

eddie_gordo
Old
(Last edited by eddie_gordo; 1st May 2012 at 08:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default [DEPRECATED] Change to 4.0.4 yakju from yakjuxw (or ANY other version)

Hi guys,

efrant, who was providing almost all the support in this thread, opened a new thread in which he will give his attention now. You can (and should) check his thread by clicking here and I'm sure that the method he describes there is the best method to convert to yakju/takju or return to stock.

Thanks to efrant, once again that kept this thread running!

Best regards.
If I helped you with this post, click the Thanks button!

Nexus 5 with unlocked bootloader

Galaxy Nexus running CM 10.2

HTC Desire Rooted, S-OFF and running CyanogenMod 7.1
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 MicroSD Card with 1024 MB ext3 partition.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to eddie_gordo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubiconjp
Old
(Last edited by rubiconjp; 24th January 2012 at 09:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
for a noob with a Windows box, do this:

http://samsung.de/de/support/detail....7-5772e168e9e4

download the USB driver and firmware files to Windows (may take multiple tries, keep trying).
run USB driver app in Windows, reboot Windows
run firmware app in Windows
put phone in download mode (power off, volume down + power on, plug USB cable in)
in firmware app, click start!

and you're done!

You're now yakju with latest Google ITL41F.

Rapidshare for firmware file only (if you're having problem downloading it from Samsung.de site):

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|17...%2834fa3175%29

Latest Samsung drivers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exinferios View Post
Also, this is the site for the drivers, should the poster of the second post wish to do an edit for it:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...ver-1480.shtml

Just make sure to go into C, program files, samsung, and uninstall the old ones if you have them.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wonshikee
Old
Thanks Meter 48
How do I tell what version I have?
The Following User Says Thank You to wonshikee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubiconjp
Old
Thanks Meter 85
get Android System Info app from Market.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

offenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 246
why does it matter if its yakjuxw or yaktju? Sorry, just got mine ..
HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to offenberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddie_gordo
Old
(Last edited by eddie_gordo; 14th December 2011 at 07:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Don't I even need to unlock bootloader? Plain Stock and just follow those steps?

Thanks

Edit: and will I lose any data?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
If I helped you with this post, click the Thanks button!

Nexus 5 with unlocked bootloader

Galaxy Nexus running CM 10.2

HTC Desire Rooted, S-OFF and running CyanogenMod 7.1
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 MicroSD Card with 1024 MB ext3 partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddie_gordo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubiconjp
Old
Thanks Meter 85
No need to root or anything, just follow the steps. Yes you will lose your data.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by offenberg View Post
why does it matter if its yakjuxw or yaktju? Sorry, just got mine ..
Ultimately it does not matter. You will still get the updates either way. With yakju build, your updates will come from Google.

With non-yakju builds, your updates will probably come from Samsung since non-yakju builds are region and/or carrier specific and thus are supported by Samsung.

From reading this great board, I have learned that this is nothing new. Previous Nexus's were also set up in such ways. Nexus with Google builds will get the updates faster since it is straight from Google. Other region/carrier specific Nexus's will also get updates, but at times, weeks later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

offenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
No need to root or anything, just follow the steps. Yes you will lose your data.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Ultimately it does not matter. You will still get the updates either way. With yakju build, your updates will come from Google.

With non-yakju builds, your updates will probably come from Samsung since non-yakju builds are region and/or carrier specific and thus are supported by Samsung.

From reading this great board, I have learned that this is nothing new. Previous Nexus's were also set up in such ways. Nexus with Google builds will get the updates faster since it is straight from Google. Other region/carrier specific Nexus's will also get updates, but at times, weeks later.
Thanks! Then I see no point in doing this. For now.
HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to offenberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s1977
Old
Thanks Meter 32
See if this helps (link). I had indicated the steps on that thread. Once you install fastboot and can see the phone, then it is a simple execution of either the flash-all.sh script or the commands listed therein.

I flashed my phone to the recent google build as indicated by the latest google image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

offenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
for a noob with a Windows box, do this:

http://samsung.de/de/support/detail....7-5772e168e9e4

download the USB driver and firmware files to Windows (may take multiple tries, keep trying).
run USB driver app in Windows
run firmware app in Windows
put phone in download mode (power off, volume down + power on, plug USB cable in)
in firmware app, click start!

and you're done!

You're now yakju with latest Google ITL41F.
it downloads 0kb file

anyone confirm?
HTC One (M8)

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe