5,598,086 Members 42,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developers Support Thread

Tip us?

dreamsforgotten
Old
(Last edited by dreamsforgotten; 19th October 2012 at 06:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™ View Post
Talking to motcher he says he uses ccache and with his dualcore 1.7ghz and 2 GB of RAM it takes him 3hrs and 1.5 after he builds ccache.

Sent From My Toro+ via Tapatalk
Instructions added here http://dreamsforgotten.net/ccahce.html Note the actual ccache folder difference in the command? Changed in JB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendhiloo7 View Post
Great idea man.

I want to add status bar toggle and navigator key re–map in Stock ROM.

I have tried system ui.apk & framework.apk decompile, but somewhere struck.

Can you please help to achieve the goal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus, I'd say don't do that. If you have a machine even remotely capable put you a linux partition, through VM if you must , and compile you a version from source. With step by step instructions those too mods wouldn't be that hard. First off, by decompiling you have to decompile both stock rom and a rom with the features you want. Then you have to put those changes in your file in smali which is bytecode aka machine readable. If you know my history, you know I have done this before with the Nexus S because the mod I wanted to copy was samsung proprietary code but in no other circumstance would I want to do that. You need to sync google source, add in the files for your phone, and then do some searching on github to find the two mods your wanting. You copy that code into your source and compile. It's more difficult than that and I just hit you with a lot so start at it, and when you reach a snag come back for help. But...if you must do this in smali...this is what you missing based on what you say you already started. decompile systemui.apk decompile frameworks/base decompile settings.apk. Find (whatever rom you find source for your mod) their version of the file rom control.apk. Copy that in your zip (obviously last step). Diff merge your stock decompiled 3 files against the rom's smali files. Same way as source, use github to find the affected lines of code. Copy over all code, all images, all xml files that are missing. Fix what's there and altered. Settings.apk is going to have a file in src/com/android/settings/foo/foo/ called settings.smali. This file is where your mods in rom control are going to be able to speak to mods you just did to the frameworks/base.
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8819

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a ton dreams adrenaline is pumping hope I can get some sleep super excited for tomorrow.

Sent From My N7 via Tapatalk
Nexus 5: Banks RastaKat / Faux Mainline
Nexus 7 FHD: Stock Rooted 4.4.2 / Faux Mainline

dreamsforgotten
Old
(Last edited by dreamsforgotten; 19th October 2012 at 06:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™ View Post
Thanks a ton dreams adrenaline is pumping hope I can get some sleep super excited for tomorrow.

Sent From My N7 via Tapatalk
I seen how much my theme guides were referenced this is bigger and a huge load but much needed. Your quite welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules

The Following User Says Thank You to dreamsforgotten For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sendhiloo7
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten View Post
Instructions added here http://dreamsforgotten.net/ccahce.html Note the actual ccache folder difference in the command? Changed in JB.

Galaxy Nexus, I'd say don't do that. If you have a machine even remotely capable put you a linux partition, through VM if you must , and compile you a version from source. With step by step instructions those too mods wouldn't be that hard. First off, by decompiling you have to decompile both stock rom and a rom with the features you want. Then you have to put those changes in your file in smali which is bytecode aka machine readable. If you know my history, you know I have done this before with the Nexus S because the mod I wanted to copy was samsung proprietary code but in no other circumstance would I want to do that. You need to sync google source, add in the files for your phone, and then do some searching on github to find the two mods your wanting. You copy that code into your source and compile. It's more difficult than that and I just hit you with a lot so start at it, and when you reach a snag come back for help. But...if you must do this in smali...this is what you missing based on what you say you already started. decompile systemui.apk decompile frameworks/base decompile settings.apk. Find (whatever rom you find source for your mod) their version of the file rom control.apk. Copy that in your zip (obviously last step). Diff merge your stock decompiled 3 files against the rom's smali files. Same way as source, use github to find the affected lines of code. Copy over all code, all images, all xml files that are missing. Fix what's there and altered. Settings.apk is going to have a file in src/com/android/settings/foo/foo/ called settings.smali. This file is where your mods in rom control are going to be able to speak to mods you just did to the frameworks/base.
Ok. its little bit hard to understand . Ok first i will build the VM & compile from sourece.. Then let you know

dreamsforgotten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendhiloo7 View Post
Ok. its little bit hard to understand . Ok first i will build the VM & compile from sourece.. Then let you know
No problem, you start the work and I'll help where needed. Goto my website and use google for the VM. That should get you to where you are ready to build. Once you get there I'll help you with the options to both find the source code changes for your mods, and incorporate them into your source code.
-Gary Jules

The Following User Says Thank You to dreamsforgotten For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sendhiloo7
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten View Post
No problem, you start the work and I'll help where needed. Goto my website and use google for the VM. That should get you to where you are ready to build. Once you get there I'll help you with the options to both find the source code changes for your mods, and incorporate them into your source code.
Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Regards

Senthil Kumar

Remember If I Have Helped You Hit The Button

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8819

DONATE TO ME
Anybody have experience with Ubuntu 12.x and building android? Ran into an issue with repo. Trying to init the repo i want to sync it spits out the error 23: error : Python not found. Or something similar I forget exactly. The only thing Google brought up was the fact that I either have the wrong Python version or it is not in my shell path.

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 20th October 2012 at 10:19 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27246

DONATE TO ME
ubuntu 12.04 64bit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547

its all you need. just replace the repo down there with rasbean's or whatever you want to compile. 12.04 has been a terrible pain in the ass for me, at some point i had to revert back to 11. but back then i couldnt find a nice and compact manual, so this one should guide you through.
"I just flash 3/25 and my car broke down after Bluetooth sync...thanks....idiots."

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
ubuntu 12.04 64bit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547

its all you need. just replace the repo down there with rasbean's or whatever you want to compile. 12.04 has been a terrible pain in the ass for me, at some point i had to revert back to 11. but back then i couldnt find a nice and compact manual, so this one should guide you through.
Yeah that's what I feared... didn't feel like having to reinstall... I've been using 12.10 not .04 I know motcher uses 12.04 just fine. Going to get a bootable for it hopefully it likes my laptop.

dreamsforgotten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552

DONATE TO ME
I prefer debian over ubuntu now, with any distro that don't work with you pc out the box you probably need a proprietary kernel version. If you have a lap top that sound doesn't work you'll def need one. Additional files may need to be loaded for Wi-Fi support as well. All of these have pretty easy guides to get the job done. Be sure to set Linux up completely before establishing the build environment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
-Gary Jules

Tags
android development, galaxy nexus, learning, noob