5,595,339 Members 48,375 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developers Support Thread

Tip us?
 
IT_Blackbelt
Old
(Last edited by IT_Blackbelt; 14th February 2013 at 04:21 AM.)
#1161  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 525
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by something15525 View Post
Guess what, I figured it out. All you need to do is look at Google's platform manifest for android-4.2.2_r1, and you'll see they got rid of a bunch of device files and hardware files.

Just diff with your current manifest. Still trying to figure out why they did this, but now we know why this isn't working. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, I brought that up a page or so back, I updated my manifest to match theirs (cuz thats what your supposed to do) and boom build wont even start, hell I cant even run a make clean. The hardware and device files are needed, wish I knew wtf they were thinking, hope they update it soon to include them in 4.2.2


on a side note, on CM's g+ page, the post about 4.2.2 mentions lots of changes to hardware/qcom/display, but....i dont see it on the 4.2.2 manifest or any 4.2.2 tag under that repo, so confused, maybe google completely changed up where **** is and how it works O.O
 
maddoggin
Old
#1162  
maddoggin's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2994
Posts: 2,564
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: corpus christ
Default Re: Developers Support Thread

I think it's safe to build with the old hardware files bro. Try adding the missing files to the manifest and just add revision="jb-mr1-release" at the end and run sync again. Then Try that. I think you can build with the old files. That's what some have done. They have just merged in the changes that were released.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to maddoggin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
IT_Blackbelt
Old
#1163  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 525
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggin View Post
I think it's safe to build with the old hardware files bro. Try adding the missing files to the manifest and just add revision="jb-mr1-release" at the end and run sync again. Then Try that. I think you can build with the old files. That's what some have done. They have just merged in the changes that were released.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Good idea, Im going to give it like a week or so to see if any changes come down and then ill do that and see how it runs
 
mani1999
Old
#1164  
mani1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 309
Join Date: Dec 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi everybody,
How do I activate on/off toggle for ripple effect in secsettings.apk?

Thanks in advanced....
Device.....Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
ROM........Alexandrs Development Base
Kernel......Stock Kernel for now
 
IT_Blackbelt
Old
#1165  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 525
Join Date: Jun 2012
JBQ is working on the device and hardware trees and will have the 4.2.2 tagged repos out as soon as he gets them done, good thing is, we now know google KNOW'S about the issue, so Im going to hold off building until then, for anyone wanting to build it now, use maddoggins suggestion for editing the manifest.
The Following User Says Thank You to IT_Blackbelt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
maddoggin
Old
#1166  
maddoggin's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2994
Posts: 2,564
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: corpus christ
Default Re: Developers Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Blackbelt View Post
JBQ is working on the device and hardware trees and will have the 4.2.2 tagged repos out as soon as he gets them done, good thing is, we now know google KNOW'S about the issue, so Im going to hold off building until then, for anyone wanting to build it now, use maddoggins suggestion for editing the manifest.

Do you have a link to the convo? Would like to see what he said. Why they were not initially pushed.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to maddoggin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
IT_Blackbelt
Old
#1167  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 525
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggin View Post
Do you have a link to the convo? Would like to see what he said. Why they were not initially pushed.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...8/Zr21QCOr86YJ

Basicly he said he just didnt have them ready on time...more likely they wanted to be the first to release actual 4.2.2 roms lol
The Following User Says Thank You to IT_Blackbelt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
maddoggin
Old
#1168  
maddoggin's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2994
Posts: 2,564
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: corpus christ
Default Re: Developers Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Blackbelt View Post
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...8/Zr21QCOr86YJ

Basicly he said he just didnt have them ready on time...more likely they wanted to be the first to release actual 4.2.2 roms lol
Lol. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
mani1999
Old
#1169  
mani1999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 309
Join Date: Dec 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Does anyone know of a "Disable Scrolling Cache" tutorial?
I'm on Galaxy S2 XWLSD deodexed....
Device.....Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
ROM........Alexandrs Development Base
Kernel......Stock Kernel for now
 
‹BERô
Old
#1170  
‹BERô's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8819
Posts: 13,739
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Marble Falls, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Developers Support Thread

So what's all this talk about? I built 4.2.2 for the mako yesterday... Granted it was EOS. But the way they set it up you sync AOSP and then EOS. Had no issues.. Is this only specific to a certain device or just AOSP? Oh yeah took me an hour flat to build clean on my new comp using an i3

Sent from my Nexus 4
Nexus 5: Banks RastaKat / Faux Mainline
Nexus 7 FHD: Stock Rooted 4.4.2 / Faux Mainline
___________________________




The Following User Says Thank You to ‹BERô For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android development, galaxy nexus, learning, noob
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes