For those wanting DSLR like controls!!

OP z06mike

11th May 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 139

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydonxda

Here are two fairly close samples cropped. Nothing interesting, was just looking for detail retained. Quality looks close to identical to me.

First one was jpg from the stock camera app, second one was png output from the app in this thread.

Cropped pictures are useless in this case - to be able to compare properly both of the original files (full resolution, unedited) are needed.
Last edited by Valynor; 11th May 2012 at 01:49 AM.
11th May 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 46

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06mike

Not much of a difference in those pics bit... for those who know photography there are some cool features: adjustable focus, white balance, and metering. Bracketing (which I haven't tried yet but for some HDR it might be cool) and lastly it has a "long shutter speed" mode.

True. One of the things that I was excited about was the promise of better quality images. For myself, if the overall image quality hasn't improved it's not worth the time twiddling with the settings. If I'm going to spend time on a photo I will use a SLR.

The quality improvement in 645 PRO is something to write home about. If any Android app was able to achieve that improvement I'd pay quite a bit more for it.

Spot/center weighted metering on the touch to focus point would be awesome. Can't think of how many photos have come out poorly because the sky killed the exposure on the subject. Trying to fight that with exposure compensation is a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valynor

Cropped pictures are useless in this case - to be able to compare properly both of the original files (full resolution, unedited) are needed.

They're crops, and otherwise not edited. They're not resized. What you see is representative of the rest of the image. Believe me, you're not missing anything.
11th May 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 208

1,079 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydonxda

Spot/center weighted metering on the touch to focus point would be awesome. Can't think of how many photos have come out poorly because the sky killed the exposure on the subject. Trying to fight that with exposure compensation is a pain.

Shot Control has touch metering, meaning you can set a different point in the frame for spot metering and a different point for the touch focus.

Haven't fiddled with this one yet to look for features like this.

What were your settings on the test pics? All auto for both? That may explain why there's not much difference between the two.
11th May 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #34  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 19

468 posts
More
how do we zoom?
11th May 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 273

1,785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveydent

Which do you think is better. Haven't had the chance to test both

Haven't tried Shot Control, but I've tried the lite version of this app. Not too many options in the lite version, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
11th May 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #36  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 105

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am assuming that this app just modifies the image after taking the shots depending on what parameters you have set. I don't think Android provides APIs for all that. For e.g.: I don't think Android has a API that allows changing the Shutter Speed!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread