Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FAQ] AK Kernel 101

Tip us?

baiyy0906
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizar View Post
users are more than welcome to post their settings here

your welcome

the issue isnt with AK, its with pgm, the free version is outdated
you are right,I find the latest version,that's work , thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to baiyy0906 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThePhantom97
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizar View Post
Q12) I want to keep my Rom's bootanimation, why does AK kernel keep trolling me?

The boot animation by Ciprian is hardcoded so it cant be changed.
I have no problem with branding, but I believe just a splash of the logo would suffice. I am running the Pirate version and not a huge fan of the pirate splash and would really like to remove it or at least have the option to change it to the AK logo. Any chance of this ever happening?

ak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 42,445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom97 View Post
I have no problem with branding, but I believe just a splash of the logo would suffice. I am running the Pirate version and not a huge fan of the pirate splash and would really like to remove it or at least have the option to change it to the AK logo. Any chance of this ever happening?
You can download source, compile with:
CONFIG_LOGO is not set

AK Power:

OnepOne Kernel: Link
Nexus 4 Kernel: Link
Nexus 7 Kernel: Link
Nexus G Kernel: Link
UK Manager: Link
Github: Link
Twitter: Link
Droid-hive: Link
Google+: Link

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soccer568
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [FAQ] AK Kernel 101

Why do I get major lag after receiving a notification with this kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Khizar
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 7,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
Why do I get major lag after receiving a notification with this kernel?

i persoanly dont have any lag with this kernel(i use stock settings) but post the following info and we might figure out why you are getting lag-

- are you using custom Freqs + Uv?
- kernel version?
- rom version?
- governor?
- scheduler?
- freq cpu?
- freq gpu?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uncola
Old
Thanks Meter 10
So I'm new to custom kernels, but I'd like to see super basic stuff for newbies in the faq. like "What is the benefit of installing a kernel and what does it do?" in the faq. or like "Is there a rom that works better with this kernel?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Khizar
Old
(Last edited by Khizar; 24th February 2013 at 02:33 PM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 7,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post
So I'm new to custom kernels, but I'd like to see super basic stuff for newbies in the faq. like "What is the benefit of installing a kernel and what does it do?" in the faq. or like "Is there a rom that works better with this kernel?"
i like the first question so will add it in the OP, as for second question nobody can answer it but you, every device is different so the rom/kenrel that works best for me wont necessarily work best for you thats why i recommened that you try different rom/kernel combos
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

szucsgf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,815

This might help with the question "is there a rom that works better with this kernel", or any kernel for that matter.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160723

The Following User Says Thank You to szucsgf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faintless
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My personal opinion about this kernel

I really like the thing to keep it update to mainline linux, only 2 kernel keep this ( leankernel & franco kernel )

I noticed some strange things

the first is disabling MPU Smartreflex and set lower voltage than SR , device is hot and drain more battery WHY? it's unsense ( test with #704 ) anyone can confirm?

The second one too much battery ( using SR ), in the past i love check my phone every seconds and close all apps to keep some juice inside battery, now with AK kernel battery life is something incredible and it's annoying : / , i arrive to 21:00 ( from 7:00 ) with 30-40% and 4-5 hours screen on and ever single thing turn on ( i'm using google now only for meteo lol ), with others kernel same thing, i arrive with much lower %, like 5-10%

This is my settings:
AK kernel 704
AOKP Self Compiled updated with 22feb git

Interactive ( 350 - 1060 Mhz ) - ( Screen off max : 535 Mhz ) - ( hispeed_freq : 810000 ) ( brightness: 50% ) ( 135 apps installed ) ( Full disk encryption [ said only cuz disk operation use more CPU = more Battery ] )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faintless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hetalk
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,774

DONATE TO ME

I feel you should include the Wep not working on 704+ pirates.

SOS sent from my gnexus captured by the pirates.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hetalk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ak kernel, best kernel, stefano
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe