Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FASTBOOT][GSM][4.1.2] Rooted Factory Images

Tip us?

chickenfeeder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Prompt [FASTBOOT][GSM][4.1.2] Rooted Factory Images

I have modified the Yakju Galaxy Nexus factory images by completely wiping my Nexus, restoring using the factory images supplied by Google, rooting them and repacking the images with root intact.

After trying so many ROMs that are available, sometimes I think, especially considering the latest releases from Google, that stock is the way to go. Flashing it using these images is my preferred method, being the cleanest, and I have provided these for your convenience as I haven’t seen them anywhere else only ever seen flashable ROMs (i.e. from Recovery) based on the factory images, etc...

These are:

Factory Images “yakju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+)
  • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary only
  • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary and SuperSU app

Download links are here. MD5 and SHA1 sums are listed so you can check the downloads.

You have to use Fastboot to flash these to your device. The only requirement is that your device's bootloader is unlocked, which you can easily do, but be warned that this will wipe your user data as will flashing these factory images.

To Unlock Bootloader (in the terminal):
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Unzip the factory image and just run the flash-all.sh in a Linux terminal or flash-all.bat in the Windows command line.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chickenfeeder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhed
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
thanks 'mate! I'm gonna try this out in a bit last time I was on stock was still 4.1.1, and my current custom ROM is still on that version.

What are actually the differences of 4.1.1 and 4.1.2? Just thought you had any idea..

chickenfeeder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
In 4.1.2 I've noticed better battery life like others have reported and notifications can now be expanded and shrunk if you hold on them and drag up and down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mach3.2
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
thanks 'mate! I'm gonna try this out in a bit last time I was on stock was still 4.1.1, and my current custom ROM is still on that version.

What are actually the differences of 4.1.1 and 4.1.2? Just thought you had any idea..
Google the changelog..............

Gave you the fishing rod, fish yourself.
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=J...w=1360&bih=643
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM.

Titanium Silver GSM Galaxy Nexus 16GB
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.3
ROM: CM10.2 23/10 Nightly
Kernel: Lean Kernel 8.3 Experimental
Radio: XXLJ1
Bootloader: PRIMELC03

Jubakuba's Guide
Stock Nexus Images
Unlock gnex bootloader without root

Making a Dropbox account?
Click this referral link to signup and download the Dropbox application so both of us get extra 500MB of space

harisn
Old
Thanks Meter 110
It would be really helpful if someone could help how to install this using a Mac?
Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 4 - Nexus 5 - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Twitter: @harisn - Facebook: /harisnadeem

yyz71
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Now that's more like it People should start using fastboot more often other than toolkitsLearn to install drivers on your computer. Thanks for posting I just hope people take the time and learn it..
Phone Nexus 5 32Gb
Rom Stock Deodexed 4.4.4
Kernel ElementalX-N5- 1.00
Carrier Wind Mobile 4g

The Following User Says Thank You to yyz71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chickenfeeder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by harisn View Post
It would be really helpful if someone could help how to install this using a Mac?
I'm not 100% sure as I have never used a Mac for that but there's a good guide here.

MoZuFi93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey, thanks for the links, just want to ask, if I'm already rooted and unlocked my bootloader, if I flash this via fastboot, will it erase my apps/internal memory/photos and such? Quite curious it's just the unlocking the bootloader that deletes all data. Will like inquiries. Thanks!

chickenfeeder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoZuFi93 View Post
Hey, thanks for the links, just want to ask, if I'm already rooted and unlocked my bootloader, if I flash this via fastboot, will it erase my apps/internal memory/photos and such? Quite curious it's just the unlocking the bootloader that deletes all data. Will like inquiries. Thanks!
If you just run the script as is, it will wipe everything. The best thing to do is just flash the system.img if you want to retain your data.

"fastboot flash system system.img"

The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfeeder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MoZuFi93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfeeder View Post
If you just run the script as is, it will wipe everything. The best thing to do is just flash the system.img if you want to retain your data.

"fastboot flash system system.img"

Thanks a lot!

Tags
fastboot, gsm, root, yakju