Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Finally, hardware accelerated web browser!

OP gogol

15th April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 2

92 posts
I am on 4.0.1 still and have just come from a gs2. My browser is laggy as **** with flash enabled... this is one of the only reasons that I miss my other phone. I am new to this forum but can someone maybe give me some advice as to maybe force an update or flash it to my phone? All this waiting is annoying me. Also if I flash firmware to my phone will I still be able to get ota updates?
15th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 964

4,133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRomie

I am on 4.0.1 still and have just come from a gs2. My browser is laggy as **** with flash enabled... this is one of the only reasons that I miss my other phone. I am new to this forum but can someone maybe give me some advice as to maybe force an update or flash it to my phone? All this waiting is annoying me. Also if I flash firmware to my phone will I still be able to get ota updates?

Download the 4.0.4 image and flash to your phone. As far as getting updates, probably not. Depends if you run completely stock or flash other radios and kernels. Get .4 on your phone asap if you want smoothness.

bow chicka wow wow.
15th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #73  

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

Download the 4.0.4 image and flash to your phone. As far as getting updates, probably not. Depends if you run completely stock or flash other radios and kernels. Get .4 on your phone asap if you want smoothness.

bow chicka wow wow.

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into that a bit, but I don't want to have to wipe my device and not be able to get ota updates. Is being stuck on 4.0.1 common? I don't really understand how so many people are on 4.0.4 already before I even get my first update.
15th April 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #74  

4,133 posts
I am surprised you haven't got at least a .2 ota. Not everybody got .4 ota. And afaik, nobody is getting .4 ota right now. All I can say is back up your important data. Unlocking boot loader completely wipes phone. No way around that. But just do it. If any data is that important you should know how to or have the desire to back it up anyways.

bow chicka wow wow.
15th April 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #75  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 412

1,772 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Nice, very nice Finally, full hardware accelerated web browser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTpf0J5vfMs

Head to 50 seconds ...

Happy .. Happy .. Happy ..

I can now ditched Opera Mobile .

How do we get it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
15th April 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #76  

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

I am surprised you haven't got at least a .2 ota. Not everybody got .4 ota. And afaik, nobody is getting .4 ota right now. All I can say is back up your important data. Unlocking boot loader completely wipes phone. No way around that. But just do it. If any data is that important you should know how to or have the desire to back it up anyways.

bow chicka wow wow.

I just want some guarantee that I will get it. It just seems strange to me that a new nexus phone is stuck on an older version of android than my s2.
15th April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #77  

4,133 posts
Rumor is Google stopped pushing ota .4 cuz of radio issues. It would seem most on xda manually flashed it anyways. Right now that is the only way to get it. It was a bigger upgrade from .2 to .4 than .1 to .2. Some people, including myself are basically saying .4 is so good that nexus is getting boring. Even rom flashers. It really is that smooth. And with the radio issue, there are two good workarounds. One comes at cost of battery. The other just requires terminal emulator.

bow chicka wow wow.
15th April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #78  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,581 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into that a bit, but I don't want to have to wipe my device and not be able to get ota updates. Is being stuck on 4.0.1 common? I don't really understand how so many people are on 4.0.4 already before I even get my first update.

Purposely not rooting is a huge mistake. Rooted users always get the update the same day its released by just flashing it manually. And I don't know why everybody thinks they won't get the update if rooted. You still get the notification no matter what. Being rooted just gives you a thousand more ways to get it rather than sitting around like you are now out of the party.
The Following User Says Thank You to RogerPodacter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 10

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter

Purposely not rooting is a huge mistake. Rooted users always get the update the same day its released by just flashing it manually. And I don't know why everybody thinks they won't get the update if rooted. You still get the notification no matter what. Being rooted just gives you a thousand more ways to get it rather than sitting around like you are now out of the party.

I'm on 4.0.2 rooted on stock. My only concern with manually updating is I don't want to have to reinstall all my apps and lose my game data as well. Is there a way for me to update without losing all my hard earned game saves?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
15th April 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #80  
Flag Olesa de Montserrat,Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 25

199 posts
More
Quote:

I just want some guarantee that I will get it. It just seems strange to me that a new nexus phone is stuck on an older version of android than my s2.

download the factory image from here http://code.google.com/intl/es/andro...ges.html#yakju and flash it with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392310 , you will get feature updates from Google but the problem's : once you know how to flash factory image you will never wait for OTA update

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread