XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Flash Support for Android (Aug 15th)

Tip us?

zephiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3267

DONATE TO ME
Default No Flash Support for Android (Aug 15th)

Quote:
Devices that don’t have the Flash Player provided by the manufacturer typically are uncertified, meaning the manufacturer has not completed the certification testing requirements. In many cases users of uncertified devices have been able to download the Flash Player from the Google Play Store, and in most cases it worked. However, with Android 4.1 this is no longer going to be the case, as we have not continued developing and testing Flash Player for this new version of Android and its available browser options. There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1.

Beginning August 15th we will use the configuration settings in the Google Play Store to limit continued access to Flash Player updates to only those devices that have Flash Player already installed. Devices that do not have Flash Player already installed are increasingly likely to be incompatible with Flash Player and will no longer be able to install it from the Google Play Store after August 15th.

The easiest way to ensure ongoing access to Flash Player on Android 4.0 or earlier devices is to use certified devices and ensure that the Flash Player is either pre-installed by the manufacturer or installed from Google Play Store before August 15th. If a device is upgraded from Android 4.0 to Android 4.1, the current version of Flash Player may exhibit unpredictable behavior, as it is not certified for use with Android 4.1. Future updates to Flash Player will not work. We recommend uninstalling Flash Player on devices which have been upgraded to Android 4.1.
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2...id-update.html
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

Nexus 5 (D820): Purity | Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 (E960): Purity | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

asb123
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Works on 4.1 for now. Just side load in the future

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Current Devices:
Sony ZL<---->Nexus 5<---->Sony SP<---->32GB HP Touchpad<---->32GB Nexus 10<---->Galaxy Nexus<---->iPad mini

Retired Granddaddy:
HTC Dream (G1)

zephiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asb123 View Post
Works on 4.1 for now. Just side load in the future

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Agreed. Sooner or later, Adobe Flash Player will break but honestly.. I never even touch Flash content on my phone anyways. So it's not a big deal for me but for some people, it will be.
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
I'm not concerned about flash support for my phone, but it's a bit of a kick in the balls for the upcoming nexus 7.

Sent from my Cyanogenmodded GNex
The Note 3 is a beast

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4185

DONATE TO ME
With the world slowly moving over to HTML5, which in my opinion is far better, it's no suprise that Google's slowly killing adobe flash player on Android devices
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Phone: HTC One | S-OFF Galaxy Nexus (temporary)

I do not answer support PM's, they will be ignored.

Camazza
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Finally. I'm sick and tired of people reviewing Android phones complaining about how the browser is slow.

zephiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post
With the world slowly moving over to HTML5, which in my opinion is far better, it's no suprise that Google's slowly killing adobe flash player on Android devices
? Google didn't kill flash player. They didn't get involved, adobe wanted this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

coolgame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
hey not working even tho i downloaded and installed.how come?i m on this rom.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1737849
the app installs but it is stuck at loading the flash in the browser

live4nyy
Old
Thanks Meter 419
I don't even have Adobe Flash installed on my phone now.

HTML5 FTW.

Current Device(s): Google Nexus 4 - Asus TF300T

Previous Devices: AT&T Galaxy S3 - Nexus 7 - Google Galaxy Nexus - AT&T One X - AT&T Galaxy Note - Samsung Skyrocket - AT&T Atrix 4G - Samsung Focus - HTC Inspire - Blackberry Torch - iPhone 4 - HTC Legend - Google/HTC Nexus One - Motorola Backflip - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G - AT&T Moto Q - T-Mobile Sideick EX - T-Mobile Shadow

Marcb
Old
Thanks Meter 130
finally... everbody on HTML5 now... please die Flash! Quick!