Hello there. Recently, I have seen many people with Tuna devices(especially Toroplus and Toro) want other variants' ROMs. Most are available for all three variants, but some are not or have delays. Thankfully, some people edit the ROM zip files and upload them so that the folks with another variant can use it daily. But, this way of editing needs some time to download, edit, and upload.
I wanted to reduce the time, so I made a simple flashable-zip file.
How it works:
It deletes most of the unneeded files and place the files you need in the appropriate paths. Then a script modifies the build.prop.
1. Download a switch for your variant Download "Tuna" if you're not sure what it is.
2-1. Extract a ROM zip file of your choice (of another gnex variant)
2-2. Open /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
2-3. Delete these lines
If there isn't one, just leave it.
2-4. Zip the folder and flash it
3. Flash the switch
3. Flash Gapps and/or whatever fixes/mods/kernels you want
Data(3G/4G) doesn't work? (v4.2 or higher)
1. On any "native" YOURVARIANT's (maguro, toro, or toroplus) rom, copy and paste all of the followings at once in a terminal emulator app.
mkdir -p /sdcard/backups/telephony
cp -a /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/* /sdcard/backups/telephony
2. Reboot to recovery, full wipe, install a ROM of your choice (the one that you wanna convert), flash the switch zip, gapps, kernel, etc.
3. Reboot to android, see if data works, if not, turn on and off airplane mode. If still not, try changing the preferred network mode in Settings - WIRELESS&NETWORK - More... - mobile network. Still not, reboot.
-v4.1 for toroplus, possible data fix
-v4 for maguro, toroplus, and tuna
-toro v4.1, removed and added some files, might fix the data issue
-toro v4(untested) is out, others will follow soon
-v4 is for 4.3
-new: "Tuna" -It works from every variant to every variant. If you know which variant you have, you can just go for that. (There was a purpose, but I forgot why I made this :confused: )
-all three variants to v3
-for all three variants: now able to switch from all two different variants
-more "efficient" updater-script: cleaner and deletes all files unnecessary
- all files renamed so that the names are fully shown on the download site
-added more libs and apks: fixed sync fc
-all three variants to v2
Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more
01 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?