5,814,797 Members 51,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus for $459.50 on Negri (NTT Docomo version)

Tip us?

jup007
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranis View Post
I have the docomo version as well and it doesn't have this generic imei number with 0000. Mine looks like a regular imei number and works fine on att, even after flashing to stock yakju and aokp, the sim stays unlocked. phone was never used, but only opened to unlock the bootloader. thats about it. Lucky i guess? idk but i ordered mine from amazon.
Some Docomo version phones come factory SIM unlocked, obviously even Negri had some. If you have SPTBox or some similar tool it'd probably not really the problem to unlock anything Somesung. Or they might have gotten access to some stock that was ready for Docomo but didn't finally end up there and locked.

Only thing I am pretty sure about is that Docomo branded phone with generic IMEI were at one time locked to Docomo and were "unlocked" by fdocomo app.
The Following User Says Thank You to jup007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

etche
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just to confirm.. I bought two Nexi from Negri and was lucky enough to receive both unlocked with my unique imeis displaying correctly.

ragnarokx
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrob777 View Post
So, as I posted earlier, I bought a second one i9250 ($430), not from negri of course.
Phone came with the same seal by Samsung, but it was not plastic wrapped like Negris. Bootloader is not unloced, imei is correct and 1st boot took me to the setup (negris went to launcher)

It came with 4.0.1 and after a few minutes it updated to 4.0.2 OTA. at this point I rooted and CWM.

anyway.
I notice a DIFFERENCE in hardware, there is a small antenna? in the i9250 that the Docomo doesn't have, see pics, other than that they look the same to me.

Might be my impression but the i9250 performs a little better catching H signal, I just tried for 1 day.

Anybody know what this antenna does?
Interesting - so there are hardware differences

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

uranis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jup007 View Post
Some Docomo version phones come factory SIM unlocked, obviously even Negri had some. If you have SPTBox or some similar tool it'd probably not really the problem to unlock anything Somesung. Or they might have gotten access to some stock that was ready for Docomo but didn't finally end up there and locked.

Only thing I am pretty sure about is that Docomo branded phone with generic IMEI were at one time locked to Docomo and were "unlocked" by fdocomo app.
Was a bit confusing but makes sense now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

slickromeo
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Why is there a hardware difference?

and what purpose is there for a hardware difference?

Cabal_
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jup007 View Post
Some Docomo version phones come factory SIM unlocked, obviously even Negri had some.
Or they could have just gotten to this method ahead of us (md5 validates but is mismatched, will probably stop working eventually):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606982

jup007
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Looks like antenna connector to me. SC-04D (docomo version) does not have one, mine doesn't either. Looks like original Galaxy Nexus does.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal_ View Post
Or they could have just gotten to this method ahead of us (md5 validates but is mismatched, will probably stop working eventually):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606982
Or they could just have bought SPTBox or equivalent and do proper factory unlock. They're shipping so many of these phones that cost of it would be negligible and they could stop worrying about people complaining about generic IMEI. Plus repair broken phones (where people messed up /factory) locally instead of shipping them overseas. I believe that's what I would do.

edgarzin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi guys, just got two GNEXUS NTT DOCOMO version from a third party seller in Amazon.com called BLUETKUSA.COM.

Until now, everything is fine, it is 4.0.2 non yakju and they are unlocked, unique IMEI each, but i am a little confused about the possibility of they get locked again. How do I know if they are perm or temp unlocked?

If i get an official system update, will they lock again?

thanks all!

Edgar
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarzin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

divinemyth99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Cheaper, direct from Google

Huh. Google added a "Shop Devices" category to the Google Play store, and they have the (https:// play.google .com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa)Nexus, SIM unlocked, for $399.

I wonder if Negri's going to cut their price or stop importing this phone? I'd say "I wish I'd waited 2 weeks" but I don't. This is an awesome phone, even with the minor struggles (IMEI fix, probably have to call Money Network before Wallet will provision a prepaid card, etc), I'm happier to have had the phone sooner.

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemyth99 View Post
Huh. Google added a "Shop Devices" category to the Google Play store, and they have the (https:// play.google .com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa)Nexus, SIM unlocked, for $399.

I wonder if Negri's going to cut their price or stop importing this phone? I'd say "I wish I'd waited 2 weeks" but I don't. This is an awesome phone, even with the minor struggles (IMEI fix, probably have to call Money Network before Wallet will provision a prepaid card, etc), I'm happier to have had the phone sooner.
I think there's tax and shipping, that's what I read. So the savings is like $30 I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA