Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 53,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus for $459.50 on Negri (NTT Docomo version)

Tip us?

kizuki.buy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyykw View Post
Do tell me what the samsung people did to your phone and also which video are you talking about?? I also tried to follow the process in jup007 but im not sure if i just have to exexute some commands or copy some stuff also.. it would be great if someone made a noobs video or simple tutorial
You don't need to copy anything to use jup007 method. It only involves running some commands to fix the required files in your phone. In fact you can run the command directly on the phone itself and don't need to connect to the pc also.

crazyykw
Old
(Last edited by crazyykw; 28th April 2012 at 04:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizuki.buy View Post
Can you check your phone information and post the radio that is being used?

The method posted by you should work, but with backup files it can be tricky. I think jup's method is not so complex. Just a little lengthy but works perfectly.

But if it was an IMEI issue, why would you be getting data coverage and get banned only from voice coverage?
when i checked the phone info using *#*#4636#*#* i found that my preferred network was selected as wcdma .. i changed it to gsm but still couldnt get any network .. I dont know what network should i select for airtel india but i know its gsm. im posting some screenshots.. Pleasee have a look and tell if its an issue with this or imei.. also when i select for example gsm only and reboot it again comes back to wcdma.
Baseband is I9250XXLA2.. kindly see and tell what i should do..
Ive posted another screenshot in which im connected to edge but gsm network says emergency calls only..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1029118   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1029119   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1029120   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1029121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-28-20-42-40.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1029152  

pixelator
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Do tell me what the samsung people did to your phone and also which video are you talking about?? I also tried to follow the process in jup007 but im not sure if i just have to exexute some commands or copy some stuff also.. it would be great if someone made a noobs video or simple tutorial
The Sansung guys didn't do anything to my phone yet. His exact words were "I've ordered a new IMEI number for your phone. It should arrive in a couple of days. We will then update your phone." I will check back with them on Tuesday.

I tried jup007's steps, but they didn't work for me. The IMEI number is still the generic one after finishing all steps and rebooting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
You should be fine if you follow jup007's method to get the original IMEI back. In fact you do not even need to connect the Gnex to the PC if you use apps like Terminal emulator and ES File Explorer.

But how will the Samsung guys prevent you from using phone outside India. Phones are not sim locked in India and just by IMEI, how will they prevent its use outside India. Seems very strange.
Okay, I tried jup007's tutorial using Terminal Emulator on my phone and it didn't work. Not sure where I went wrong.

I'm not sure what the Samsung guys meant. I tried to reason with them, but they simply said that if they change the IMEI number, the phone will not work outside India. I'm assuming that the IMEI number will be country-specific. Will let you all know how it goes when they do their magic on Tuesday.

kizuki.buy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
when i checked the phone info using *#*#4636#*#* i found that my preferred network was selected as wcdma .. i changed it to gsm but still couldnt get any network .. I dont know what network should i select for airtel india but i know its gsm. im posting some screenshots.. Pleasee have a look and tell if its an issue with this or imei.. also when i select for example gsm only and reboot it again comes back to wcdma.
Baseband is I9250XXLA2.. kindly see and tell what i should do..
Ive posted another screenshot in which im connected to edge but gsm network says emergency calls only..
Airtel has both 3G and 2g networks with most of them being 2g. It would depend upon the circle and kind of sim you are using. The problem I could see from your screenshots is that the network selection is wcdma only. Try to go to phone settings and select the option of 2g networks only and try. Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelator View Post
The Sansung guys didn't do anything to my phone yet. His exact words were "I've ordered a new IMEI number for your phone. It should arrive in a couple of days. We will then update your phone." I will check back with them on Tuesday.

I tried jup007's steps, but they didn't work for me. The IMEI number is still the generic one after finishing all steps and rebooting.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Okay, I tried jup007's tutorial using Terminal Emulator on my phone and it didn't work. Not sure where I went wrong.

I'm not sure what the Samsung guys meant. I tried to reason with them, but they simply said that if they change the IMEI number, the phone will not work outside India. I'm assuming that the IMEI number will be country-specific. Will let you all know how it goes when they do their magic on Tuesday.
Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei. Try it once instead of the non sense that the Samsung folks are giving you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kizuki.buy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazyykw
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Airtel has both 3G and 2g networks with most of them being 2g. It would depend upon the circle and kind of sim you are using. The problem I could see from your screenshots is that the network selection is wcdma only. Try to go to phone settings and select the option of 2g networks only and try. Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Regarding the imei, the fdocomo app author has released version 3 which should fix your imei. Try it once instead of the non sense that the Samsung folks are giving you.
In my phone i had selected 2g only and when i choose gsm only , nothing happens.. Im not getting connected to any network except the 2g. I dont know if it could be a problem with radio or imei, i ll try to use the method posted by jup007 to temporary unlock and get imei.. Does ****docomo v3 brings back my imei if i use it and if so how?? Please help!!!

@pixelator- were you also getting the 2g network and where in india are you based? Im in punjab.

pixelator
Old
(Last edited by pixelator; 29th April 2012 at 05:48 AM.) Reason: Added message for crazykww
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
In my phone i had selected 2g only and when i choose gsm only , nothing happens.. Im not getting connected to any network except the 2g. I dont know if it could be a problem with radio or imei, i ll try to use the method posted by jup007 to temporary unlock and get imei.. Does ****docomo v3 brings back my imei if i use it and if so how?? Please help!!!

@pixelator- were you also getting the 2g network and where in india are you based? Im in punjab.
I tried both - jup007's method (twice, actually) and v3 of the fDocomo app. Neither worked. Either I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case.

@crazyykw: I'm in Pune, Maharashtra. Do try both methods and let me know if they work for you. I haven't bricked my phone yet, so I'm guessing they're safe enough. :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Okay, it finally WORKED! I went through jup007's steps till the end (the "rm" command in the end being the most important), rebooted and my IMEI number is restored.

I can confirm that the phone finally connects to cell networks and I can make calls! How liberating is that!

@crazyykw: Try jup007's method to the T and it should work. Feel free to call me in case you run into any issues. I am sending you a previtae message with my phone number.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pixelator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazyykw
Old
(Last edited by crazyykw; 29th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelator View Post
I tried both - jup007's method (twice, actually) and v3 of the fDocomo app. Neither worked. Either I'm doing something wrong or my phone is a special case.

@crazyykw: I'm in Pune, Maharashtra. Do try both methods and let me know if they work for you. I haven't bricked my phone yet, so I'm guessing they're safe enough. :)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Okay, it finally WORKED! I went through jup007's steps till the end (the "rm" command in the end being the most important), rebooted and my IMEI number is restored.

I can confirm that the phone finally connects to cell networks and I can make calls! How liberating is that!

@crazyykw: Try jup007's method to the T and it should work. Feel free to call me in case you run into any issues. I am sending you a previtae message with my phone number.
Its great to hear that someone has solved it.. I ll just try to do everything today and call you if i run into any trouble.. did you do the theory test or application. i mean i understand what to do in theory test but im not able to understand what im supposed to do in theory application?? anyways im rooting and flashing cwm recovery,, will try everything and cal you if needed.
Edit-- everything worked out well.. did the jup007 theory application and everything came back(imei).. Thanks pixelator , jup007 and everyone who helped me..

crazyykw
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ok i got everything working but after restoring imei im not able to send sms , only recieving them.. Is it something to do with sms centre?? how do i do that.. i tried it by *#*#4636#*#* but i could nt update it.. any help?

divinemyth99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Ok i got everything working but after restoring imei im not able to send sms , only recieving them..
Had this happen on a different phone once. I called my carrier and they 'reset' SMS for my account at their end. Maybe try that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

ljwnow
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Ok i got everything working but after restoring imei im not able to send sms , only recieving them.. Is it something to do with sms centre?? how do i do that.. i tried it by *#*#4636#*#* but i could nt update it.. any help?
The SMC number is not the regular number but encrypted in some Android system. Google is your friend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium