5,713,337 Members 54,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings

Tip us?

defconoi
Old
(Last edited by defconoi; 24th July 2012 at 05:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614

DONATE TO ME
Arrow Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings

Hey Guys, I've seen people's color settings all over for the Galaxy Nexus, we have different tools, different kernels and different ways to improve the Purple/Red/Tint Issues with Franco's App, Morfics, as well as free tools like Trickster Mod's App and the new CM10 Color Multiplier, Color Gamma Tuning, and Color Hack presets.

Goal: Have all this information in one place

I have created a Publicly Accessible Spreadsheet on Google Docs that you can edit without sign-in, please either
A:Edit the doc with your color settings or
B: Reply to this thread with your color settings for each different kernel and app and one of us in the thread may update the spreadsheet.
Also only reply if you can provide useful information regarding these issues.

I know allot of people are stuck with their Galaxy Nexus, so lets all work together on sharing our settings and tips/tricks regarding this since samsung still has not fixed the issue and still sends out devices with this issue. I've heard people go through 5-6 replacements, ouch.

Checkout the format of the spreadsheet, and feel free to improve it.

Collaborative Nexus Color Spreadsheet here

Other useful Screen Color Links:
[Tips] Screen Color Calibration for the Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus - Purple Tint + Grainy Screen
Trickster MOD app
Color Calibration. Before / after
Galaxy Nexus grainy and vertical banding screen!
Edit: If requested, I could make a Google Docs form to auto populate the spreadsheet

Anyone know of a way to disable the screen dimming on the notification drop down? When it dims on low brightness the notification and background is purple.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to defconoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

happymouse
Old
Thanks Meter 3
No clue how to get rid of the screen dimming on drop down. You should watch out when running the higher contrast numbers, burn in is a spooky thing. I'm glad that a list of some type is being made (suggestion gathering has been abysmal), although every screen has it's own inherent faults and oddities, it will be very interesting to see the results. Thanks man.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happymouse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tikerz
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Good idea. I added a couple.
HTC One (M8)
Google Nexus 5 32GB
Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
Sony SmartWatch 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikerz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TyroneLT
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks for this list. I've been messing around with color settings for awhile now with no success. I always felt like the screen had a tinge of green that I couldn't get rid of.
LG Nexus 5 (GSM)
Stock with Franco Kernel

Themer
"It only ends once. Anything before that, is just progress."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TyroneLT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
(Last edited by osm0sis; 23rd July 2012 at 10:45 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13310
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneLT View Post
Thanks for this list. I've been messing around with color settings for awhile now with no success. I always felt like the screen had a tinge of green that I couldn't get rid of.
Adding some red should help that. My problem is that there are a couple "hot spots" of yellowing and magenta that I have to strike a balance between. Went through a few different settings but posted my current to the spreadsheet.

Previous:

And I added a Gradient Fix column since I find using that mod changes what you need for color settings to make things nice.
Also worth mentioning that in some apps the OMAP Gamma runs on a 1.0-2.0 scale (by 0.2s) and in others 5-10 (by 1s), these are equivalent however.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CADude
Old
Thanks Meter 639
Finally a useful idea for a thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

8mileroad
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just wondering, isn't every screen at least slightly different? I'm pretty sure that's why there's color calibration, or the screens would come calibrated perfectly.
Devices:
AT&T Galaxy S4
iPad Mini 16GB
HP Touchpad

Past devices:
Pantech Duo > iPhone 3G > LG Nitro HD > Galaxy Nexus GSM

CADude
Old
Thanks Meter 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad View Post
Just wondering, isn't every screen at least slightly different? I'm pretty sure that's why there's color calibration, or the screens would come calibrated perfectly.
There isn't a HUGE variation in the differences. Each screen isn't a special snowflake. There's a relatively small, finite number of different screen settings that work for all screens.

This will give people a narrowed-down list to try first instead of spending hours experimenting.
The Following User Says Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

defconoi
Old
(Last edited by defconoi; 24th July 2012 at 05:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614

DONATE TO ME
Im finding my self having OCD in getting this perfect lol, just added another setting that I found pretty nice but there is still slight purple at 1-5percent brightness. Thanks guys for adding your settings to the spreadsheet, I think with enough data we can average the setting variables and find a good base setting

For me color is only an issue below 20 percent and sometimes lower depending on gamma settings, im finding that gamma and contrast seem to help more than the actual color multipliers

Edit: Just updated the spreadsheet with more settings others have shared on XDA, credits go to isinisterx, amit_sen
ÜBER™, for sharing their settings in other threads
The Following User Says Thank You to defconoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exzacklyright
Old
(Last edited by exzacklyright; 27th July 2012 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
This worked wonders for me

Tags
grainy, nexus, nexus color, purple