OP defconoi

23rd July 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 5,724

3,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey Guys, I've seen people's color settings all over for the Galaxy Nexus, we have different tools, different kernels and different ways to improve the Purple/Red/Tint Issues with Franco's App, Morfics, as well as free tools like Trickster Mod's App and the new CM10 Color Multiplier, Color Gamma Tuning, and Color Hack presets.

Goal: Have all this information in one place

I have created a Publicly Accessible Spreadsheet on Google Docs that you can edit without sign-in, please either
A:Edit the doc with your color settings or
B: Reply to this thread with your color settings for each different kernel and app and one of us in the thread may update the spreadsheet.
Also only reply if you can provide useful information regarding these issues.

I know allot of people are stuck with their Galaxy Nexus, so lets all work together on sharing our settings and tips/tricks regarding this since samsung still has not fixed the issue and still sends out devices with this issue. I've heard people go through 5-6 replacements, ouch.

Checkout the format of the spreadsheet, and feel free to improve it.

Collaborative Nexus Color Spreadsheet here

Other useful Screen Color Links:
[Tips] Screen Color Calibration for the Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus - Purple Tint + Grainy Screen
Trickster MOD app
Color Calibration. Before / after
Galaxy Nexus grainy and vertical banding screen!
Edit: If requested, I could make a Google Docs form to auto populate the spreadsheet

Anyone know of a way to disable the screen dimming on the notification drop down? When it dims on low brightness the notification and background is purple.
Last edited by defconoi; 24th July 2012 at 06:01 AM.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to defconoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
No clue how to get rid of the screen dimming on drop down. You should watch out when running the higher contrast numbers, burn in is a spooky thing. I'm glad that a list of some type is being made (suggestion gathering has been abysmal), although every screen has it's own inherent faults and oddities, it will be very interesting to see the results. Thanks man.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happymouse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 341

1,865 posts
More
Good idea. I added a couple.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikerz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 24

175 posts
More
Thanks for this list. I've been messing around with color settings for awhile now with no success. I always felt like the screen had a tinge of green that I couldn't get rid of.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TyroneLT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 14,891

8,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneLT

Thanks for this list. I've been messing around with color settings for awhile now with no success. I always felt like the screen had a tinge of green that I couldn't get rid of.

Adding some red should help that. My problem is that there are a couple "hot spots" of yellowing and magenta that I have to strike a balance between. Went through a few different settings but posted my current to the spreadsheet.

Previous:

And I added a Gradient Fix column since I find using that mod changes what you need for color settings to make things nice.
Also worth mentioning that in some apps the OMAP Gamma runs on a 1.0-2.0 scale (by 0.2s) and in others 5-10 (by 1s), these are equivalent however.
Last edited by osm0sis; 23rd July 2012 at 11:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 643

837 posts
More
Finally a useful idea for a thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

136 posts
Just wondering, isn't every screen at least slightly different? I'm pretty sure that's why there's color calibration, or the screens would come calibrated perfectly.
24th July 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 643

837 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad

Just wondering, isn't every screen at least slightly different? I'm pretty sure that's why there's color calibration, or the screens would come calibrated perfectly.

There isn't a HUGE variation in the differences. Each screen isn't a special snowflake. There's a relatively small, finite number of different screen settings that work for all screens.

This will give people a narrowed-down list to try first instead of spending hours experimenting.
The Following User Says Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 5,724

3,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im finding my self having OCD in getting this perfect lol, just added another setting that I found pretty nice but there is still slight purple at 1-5percent brightness. Thanks guys for adding your settings to the spreadsheet, I think with enough data we can average the setting variables and find a good base setting

For me color is only an issue below 20 percent and sometimes lower depending on gamma settings, im finding that gamma and contrast seem to help more than the actual color multipliers

Edit: Just updated the spreadsheet with more settings others have shared on XDA, credits go to isinisterx, amit_sen
ÜBER™, for sharing their settings in other threads
Last edited by defconoi; 24th July 2012 at 06:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to defconoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Socal
Thanks Meter: 99

715 posts
Donate to Me
More
This worked wonders for me

Last edited by exzacklyright; 27th July 2012 at 05:03 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
grainy, nexus, nexus color, purple
Previous Thread Next Thread