Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings

Tip us?

Angelakaro
Old
(Last edited by Angelakaro; 24th February 2013 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
R 165 ---> brighter: 265
G 165 ---> brighter: 265
B 200 ---> brighter: 300
CAB enabled
Trinity contrast -6
OMAP gamma disabled
PHONE: Nexus 5

saggitas
Old
(Last edited by saggitas; 3rd March 2013 at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
As close as my eyes can recall, for the values I used on CM10, which were the "Real" preset for the multipliers and "CM Default" for gamma.

RGB Multipliers: 180 192 200 (i think it's the default values of franco kernel)
v1 Offset: 3 0 8
Contrast: -25
Gamma: 6

CADude
Old
(Last edited by CADude; 6th March 2013 at 12:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antob125 View Post
When someone says CAB Disabled does that mean the check box in Franco app is checked or unchecked? My brain can't process this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Box checked = Yes, CAB is disabled.

Also, I want to replace my old values on this spreadsheet with my new values but it's on View only

Color
red: 174
green: 169
blue: 187

Gamma
red: 0
green: 2
blue: 2

CAB Disabled: Yes
Contrast: 5
OMAP4: 1.0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DreamLinker
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi,
my screen used to be yellowish a bit more on the top half of the screen.
I use the Stock ROM JB 4.2.2 with leankernel 6.1.1.

I set up my colors using Trickster MOD

My settings:
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 0

Gamma Offset:
Red: -5
Green: 0
Blue: 6

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 140
Green: 109
Blue: 190

I tryed to set up the best settings making a screenshot of the dialer and viewing it on my desktop lcd and comparing them side by side with the galaxy nexus brightness set at 50%.

At low brightness it looks like to be a little reddish now, but colors, generally are better.

Anyway if I'll find some better settings, il will post them here!

TheMysteriousOne
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLinker View Post
Hi,

My settings:

Gamma Offset:

Colors Multipliers:

I tryed to set up the best settings making a screenshot of the dialer and viewing it on my desktop lcd and comparing them side by side with the galaxy nexus brightness set at 50%.

At low brightness it looks like to be a little reddish now, but colors, generally are better.

Nice settings! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DreamLinker
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Hi,

My settings:

Gamma Offset:

Colors Multipliers:

OK I quote myself, because I have found a better optimal setting during this rainy sunday evening! :P

I used my DSLR in a dark room to calibrate white using histograms of the camera after setting it with a color balance of 7500K manually.

Now my color profile is just named 7500K and whites at low brightness are no more reddish, but just somethink like a real white!!

I know that every amoled display is different by others, anyway these settings may be helpful for whom has a display like the mine one (yellow tint).

My settings:

Gamma Offset:
Red: -8
Green: 3
Blue: 3

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 153
Green: 140
Blue: 188

This is the result of about 2 hours of taking shots of a white display image with my DSLR in a dark room!!! :P

Hope this can help!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DreamLinker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JPBeard21
Old
Thanks Meter 70

Here's a screenshot of my settings. It has nearly perfect whites on my device. I know the multipliers are high and I am running a risk of damaging my device. If I could find a reliable way to scale these down in relation to each other without adjusting the brightness too much would be great.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363568825675.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1813152  

J-Hop2o6
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeard21 View Post
Here's a screenshot of my settings. It has nearly perfect whites on my device. I know the multipliers are high and I am running a risk of damaging my device. If I could find a reliable way to scale these down in relation to each other without adjusting the brightness too much would be great.

Your values are fine and wont hurt the screen. I'm using r300/g250/b350
HTC One (Tmo)
ROM: ViperOne 7.0.0b2 (A:4.4.3 / S:6.0 / B:6.09) | Kernel: ElementalX 17.0 (3.4.10)
Radio: 4T.28.3218.04 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1 | BL: 1.57 | FW: 6.06.401.1

T-MobileUS LTE (South Seattle)

Previous Phones

Samsung GNex [Retired 04/2013]
HTC G2/Desire Z [Retired 08/2012]
HTC Touch Pro2 [Retired 12/2010]
The Following User Says Thank You to J-Hop2o6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DreamLinker
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeard21 View Post

Did you try r142 g142 b200?

The blue layer of amoled tends to fade early because blue leds are very delicate. In your case the blue is faded and this is the reason because you had to bump up the blue to reach a good white.

I have simply multiplied your values for 0.5, that means scaling all values of 50%.

Maybe this is safe because the stock setting of android, as known, is r200 g200 b200.

I think, but i'm not sure, that these values, as the name says, are all multiplied for the brightness value... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

So, i think IMHO, that if i set a blue of 200 and my brightness is set to 0.5 (50%), the result would be 100 for blue.

So the values we are setting up in the app are the values at 100% brightness.

My settings are that way to avoid setting up led brightness to be > 200 when at 100%

Hope this is true, and if i'm wrong please correct me! Thanks

JPBeard21
Old
Thanks Meter 70

Quote:
Did you try r142 g142 b200?

The blue layer of amoled tends to fade early because blue leds are very delicate. In your case the blue is faded and this is the reason because you had to bump up the blue to reach a good white.

I have simply multiplied your values for 0.5, that means scaling all values of 50%.

Maybe this is safe because the stock setting of android, as known, is r200 g200 b200.

I think, but i'm not sure, that these values, as the name says, are all multiplied for the brightness value... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

So, i think IMHO, that if i set a blue of 200 and my brightness is set to 0.5 (50%), the result would be 100 for blue.

So the values we are setting up in the app are the values at 100% brightness.

My settings are that way to avoid setting up led brightness to be > 200 when at 100%

Hope this is true, and if i'm wrong please correct me! Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion and the logic appeared sound, however those settings reduced brightness too much and introduced more blue into the whites. I found my current settings as they were the default in my ROM/kernel (Project Elite). They were actually 300,300,428 but after changing kernels, blue would max at 400 so I made minor adjustments to red and green. My colors and whites have never looked this good, whites always had a yellowish hue on stock. Happy with this setup and will adjust as necessary for direct sunlight/brightness/screen on time in those conditions.

Tags
grainy, nexus, nexus color, purple