Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings

OP defconoi

24th February 2013, 10:34 AM   |  #411  
Angelakaro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
R 165 ---> brighter: 265
G 165 ---> brighter: 265
B 200 ---> brighter: 300
0,0,0
CAB enabled
Trinity contrast -6
OMAP gamma disabled
Last edited by Angelakaro; 24th February 2013 at 11:36 AM.
2nd March 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #412  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
As close as my eyes can recall, for the values I used on CM10, which were the "Real" preset for the multipliers and "CM Default" for gamma.

RGB Multipliers: 180 192 200 (i think it's the default values of franco kernel)
v1 Offset: 3 0 8
Contrast: -25
Gamma: 6
Last edited by saggitas; 3rd March 2013 at 02:38 AM.
6th March 2013, 01:39 PM   |  #413  
CADude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 643
 
837 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antob125

When someone says CAB Disabled does that mean the check box in Franco app is checked or unchecked? My brain can't process this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Box checked = Yes, CAB is disabled.

Also, I want to replace my old values on this spreadsheet with my new values but it's on View only

Color
red: 174
green: 169
blue: 187

Gamma
red: 0
green: 2
blue: 2

CAB Disabled: Yes
Contrast: 5
OMAP4: 1.0
Last edited by CADude; 6th March 2013 at 01:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CADude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2013, 01:29 PM   |  #414  
DreamLinker's Avatar
Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Hi,
my screen used to be yellowish a bit more on the top half of the screen.
I use the Stock ROM JB 4.2.2 with leankernel 6.1.1.

I set up my colors using Trickster MOD

My settings:
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 0

Gamma Offset:
Red: -5
Green: 0
Blue: 6

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 140
Green: 109
Blue: 190

I tryed to set up the best settings making a screenshot of the dialer and viewing it on my desktop lcd and comparing them side by side with the galaxy nexus brightness set at 50%.

At low brightness it looks like to be a little reddish now, but colors, generally are better.

Anyway if I'll find some better settings, il will post them here!

16th March 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #415  
TheMysteriousOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 524
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Re: Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLinker

Hi,
my screen used to be yellowish a bit more on the top half of the screen.
I use the Stock ROM JB 4.2.2 with leankernel 6.1.1.

I set up my colors using Trickster MOD

My settings:
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 0

Gamma Offset:
Red: -5
Green: 0
Blue: 6

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 140
Green: 109
Blue: 190

I tryed to set up the best settings making a screenshot of the dialer and viewing it on my desktop lcd and comparing them side by side with the galaxy nexus brightness set at 50%.

At low brightness it looks like to be a little reddish now, but colors, generally are better.

Anyway if I'll find some better settings, il will post them here!

Nice settings! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
17th March 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #416  
DreamLinker's Avatar
Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLinker

Hi,
my screen used to be yellowish a bit more on the top half of the screen.
I use the Stock ROM JB 4.2.2 with leankernel 6.1.1.

I set up my colors using Trickster MOD

My settings:
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 0

Gamma Offset:
Red: -5
Green: 0
Blue: 6

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 140
Green: 109
Blue: 190

I tryed to set up the best settings making a screenshot of the dialer and viewing it on my desktop lcd and comparing them side by side with the galaxy nexus brightness set at 50%.

At low brightness it looks like to be a little reddish now, but colors, generally are better.

Anyway if I'll find some better settings, il will post them here!

OK I quote myself, because I have found a better optimal setting during this rainy sunday evening! :P

I used my DSLR in a dark room to calibrate white using histograms of the camera after setting it with a color balance of 7500K manually.

Now my color profile is just named 7500K and whites at low brightness are no more reddish, but just somethink like a real white!!

I know that every amoled display is different by others, anyway these settings may be helpful for whom has a display like the mine one (yellow tint).

I set up my colors using Trickster MOD

My settings:
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 0

Gamma Offset:
Red: -8
Green: 3
Blue: 3

Colors Multipliers:

Red: 153
Green: 140
Blue: 188

This is the result of about 2 hours of taking shots of a white display image with my DSLR in a dark room!!! :P

Hope this can help!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DreamLinker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #417  
Senior Member
Flag Lacombe, LA
Thanks Meter: 71
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Re: Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings
Here's a screenshot of my settings. It has nearly perfect whites on my device. I know the multipliers are high and I am running a risk of damaging my device. If I could find a reliable way to scale these down in relation to each other without adjusting the brightness too much would be great.



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363568825675.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1813152  
18th March 2013, 03:14 AM   |  #418  
J-Hop2o6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 214
 
2,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeard21

Here's a screenshot of my settings. It has nearly perfect whites on my device. I know the multipliers are high and I am running a risk of damaging my device. If I could find a reliable way to scale these down in relation to each other without adjusting the brightness too much would be great.



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Your values are fine and wont hurt the screen. I'm using r300/g250/b350
The Following User Says Thank You to J-Hop2o6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #419  
DreamLinker's Avatar
Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 8
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeard21

Here's a screenshot of my settings. It has nearly perfect whites on my device. I know the multipliers are high and I am running a risk of damaging my device. If I could find a reliable way to scale these down in relation to each other without adjusting the brightness too much would be great.



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did you try r142 g142 b200?

The blue layer of amoled tends to fade early because blue leds are very delicate. In your case the blue is faded and this is the reason because you had to bump up the blue to reach a good white.

I have simply multiplied your values for 0.5, that means scaling all values of 50%.

Maybe this is safe because the stock setting of android, as known, is r200 g200 b200.

I think, but i'm not sure, that these values, as the name says, are all multiplied for the brightness value... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

So, i think IMHO, that if i set a blue of 200 and my brightness is set to 0.5 (50%), the result would be 100 for blue.

So the values we are setting up in the app are the values at 100% brightness.

My settings are that way to avoid setting up led brightness to be > 200 when at 100%

Hope this is true, and if i'm wrong please correct me! Thanks
18th March 2013, 11:12 AM   |  #420  
Senior Member
Flag Lacombe, LA
Thanks Meter: 71
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Re: Galaxy Nexus Collaborative Optimal Color Settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLinker

Did you try r142 g142 b200?

The blue layer of amoled tends to fade early because blue leds are very delicate. In your case the blue is faded and this is the reason because you had to bump up the blue to reach a good white.

I have simply multiplied your values for 0.5, that means scaling all values of 50%.

Maybe this is safe because the stock setting of android, as known, is r200 g200 b200.

I think, but i'm not sure, that these values, as the name says, are all multiplied for the brightness value... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

So, i think IMHO, that if i set a blue of 200 and my brightness is set to 0.5 (50%), the result would be 100 for blue.

So the values we are setting up in the app are the values at 100% brightness.

My settings are that way to avoid setting up led brightness to be > 200 when at 100%

Hope this is true, and if i'm wrong please correct me! Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion and the logic appeared sound, however those settings reduced brightness too much and introduced more blue into the whites. I found my current settings as they were the default in my ROM/kernel (Project Elite). They were actually 300,300,428 but after changing kernels, blue would max at 400 so I made minor adjustments to red and green. My colors and whites have never looked this good, whites always had a yellowish hue on stock. Happy with this setup and will adjust as necessary for direct sunlight/brightness/screen on time in those conditions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
grainy, nexus, nexus color, purple
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes